Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The CVDF photo thread reborn  (Read 577235 times)

Offline Angel Rage

• -[relic]-
  • .:probe:.
    • http://www.youtube.com/Cinnamint
    • Awards
Re: The CVDF photo thread reborn
« Reply #330 on: January 02, 2011, 07:02:08 AM »
In Reply To #329

I loooooove EWJ2!
I love all the music he arranged on there. Super awesome.

Oh and:

During the 2010/2011 NYE party I went to :]

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #331 on: January 02, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
Then again, I don't see Miller working on anything else at allllllllllllllll, or am I wrong?

Well, yeah. The guy kind of disappeared shortly after EWJ, ha. Still, his score for the game is immortal, and I can't stand Tallarico's arrangements for the later versions.

I dunno, something about Tallarico rubs me the wrong way. I bought the PSX Tomorrow Never Dies soundtrack for the few Sonic Mayhem tunes, a soundtrack which Tallarico and some others primarily did the music for, and in the booklet he gives a little introduction about the advancement of video game music—how in the old days with chiptunes, you had little blips and bleeps that you often couldn't layer too heavily, and that now you can use "real" music and transfer it to CD for the game. The way he spoke about it seemed very condescending toward chiptunes and classic video game music, as if being able to use an orchestra or something and have tons of harmonies in a video game score makes it so much better. I guess I'd have to type up the introduction to properly convey his asshattery, ha.

Most people I've come across or read interviews by really do think Tallarico did the first EWJ's music, though—both because he did EWJ2 and also rearranged the tunes of the first game for CD, I suppose. It's an easy mistake on their part.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:06:57 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Joachim

« Reply #332 on: March 29, 2011, 05:55:47 PM »

reflecting upon the grimness i've become.

not grim anymore.

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: April 10, 2011, 04:38:47 PM »

Wiitarded poses for teh Wiin!

That photo is a couple of years old, so here's some more recent ones:

Halloween last year. I was a Galadrim Elf (the elves that fight at Helms Deep in LotR). I made the costume myself! Costume isn't very accurate (colors, mainly) but I didn't care.

Taken during a trip to Cloudland Canyon last month. Few people are aware of this ledge because of how one has to climb down to it, but it's a great photo spot. It reminds of the ending to basically every old-school CV game.

Most recent (just two weeks ago). Taken at a friend's birthday party (the birthday girl is the one in the center of the photo). Apparently this photo is evidence of our own real-life ghost-story, and I'm it. . .

This photo also illustrates why I love CrossFit so much - every woman who does CrossFit is hot, and if she isn't, then it just means that she hasn't been doing CrossFit long enough.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #334 on: April 10, 2011, 09:15:15 PM »
Your seem to having a grear time Tanatra  ;D And that canyon seems frightening =S

This is the one you guys should punch in the face if see him around  :D

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: April 11, 2011, 03:29:37 AM »
Awesome photos guys!!!! When i want feel lazy, i will post some new photos!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #336 on: April 11, 2011, 04:38:36 AM »
Here's a video I made the other day of me improvising some stuff on my guitar so that I could demo a certain effect - a harmonizer.  A harmonizer creates a harmony with another note when you play a note.  So, if I was to play one note, another one would play simultaneously, so it sounds like I'm playing two notes.  They use these things a lot in 80s metal.  I'm thinking of doing it again, though, because I recorded it too loud, so the microphone picked up some static.  I also hit an out of key note at... 1:31/1:32, and if you hit an out of key note on a harmonizer it sounds even worse than if you weren't using one.  I was going for something kind of powerful but... uh... heroic and noble sounding.

Boss PS-5 Supershifter
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:43:45 AM by Blue Successor »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #337 on: May 16, 2011, 05:44:41 PM »
Tan is a beautiful man. I'd skeet on him in that The Monarch outfit.

I don't really like showing pictures of me or having them taken, but I do occasionally take some douche-baggish pictures which I enjoy.

Just call me Dildo Douchebagginz.

I've been told I look like an oversized 10-year-old. I think that's about right. I don't even grow chest hair.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:47:17 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: May 17, 2011, 02:50:59 AM »
I lol with your pictures Abnormal Freak!!! I haven't post here in ages, so here are some recent new pictures of me, if i feel about it, i may post some more some time later.

From my last job

Having fun outside

No, i don't know how to play electric guitar, but i wish that i knew......

From the farewell party, of my last job

After the gym
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:56:08 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #339 on: May 17, 2011, 05:43:08 AM »
Tanatra, I think you could pull off a wicked Loki cosplay from the Thor movie based on that Halloween costume photo.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: May 20, 2011, 10:24:11 PM »

Gunlord, is this you?

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #341 on: May 24, 2011, 05:56:44 AM »
That's awesome : )

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2011, 04:06:08 PM »
+1
Hi everybody!!! here i be!  ;D
This was me with my band Black Mass Confession at the Al Rosa Villa in Columbus Ohio

Me with one of my biggest musical influences, Dave Mustaine of Megadeth!!!!!!

Me again, this time at the Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!

Me with the BIGGEST musical influence on me, the man, ZAKK WYLDE!!!!! (back in 05')

Last one! lol, playing with Soil and Bobaflex

I dont have my Vampire Killer, but i have my AXES!!!! ;)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #343 on: June 14, 2011, 03:00:59 AM »
Cool pictures man!!! :o
Ruler of Chaos

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #344 on: June 14, 2011, 04:32:32 AM »
Thanks man!!! 8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Tags:

anything