Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Fandom out of control?  (Read 7995 times)

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
Fandom out of control?
« on: May 21, 2011, 03:44:59 PM »
Yesterday my wife brought our first born son into this world.  First name?.....Trevor. :) I'm hoping I'm well covered in the future should a vampire plague arise. :D

And before you ask.......no, my wife would not allow me to call him Simon. :rollseyes:

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 03:53:58 PM »
Maybe she feels that Simon is too common a name and thus chose something different.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 04:07:09 PM »
That's funny.  My son's middle name is Simon.  Someone pointed out sometime later that his initials turned out to be ASS.  The wife was not pleased.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 04:24:03 PM »
Someone pointed out sometime later that his initials turned out to be ASS.

LOL.. sorry  :-[

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 04:32:36 PM »
LOL.. sorry  :-[
 Meh.  I'm quite over it.  Just remember shit like that happens when you compromise.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 04:56:38 PM »
Naw. It's a cool, common name.

I'd call naming your kid Alucard or Succubus going too far  :o

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 09:29:42 PM »
Names that reference something like games or movies are a tricky thing. In most cases they are a BAD idea, but with such a common name it's not so bad here. If you went with Cornell or something we'd have a problem. Rule of thumb; if they'd have to explain their name's origin to other people on mere mention of it, you have a problem.

That said, I don't plan on ever bringing new life into this world.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 07:02:22 AM »
Congratulations. I wanted to name my son Simon, but, like you, it wouldn't fly, so I had to settle on naming my cat Simon : /

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »
Congratulations man!!! Trevor is a fine name as far as i can say. I have an ancient name, that's not so common, but still i like it, not only me, but also the womens.... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 12:56:14 AM »
I agree, Trevor is an awesome name, and not something like Alucard... even Dante works though... if anyone asks, tell them he's name after the poet not the dmc character.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 07:01:35 AM »
My cousin named her son Dante.  That's a damn awesome name.
And although "Alucard" wouldn't work well, "Adrian", his true name, does work.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 05:45:44 PM »
When I was like 13, I told some girls I'd somehow hitched a ride with on a ski lift that my name was Adrian. Ah...the lies of my youth. In all honesty I just said that (a) to sound cool (it was the height of my Symphony of the Night obsession) and (b) 'cos I was intimidated. "CUTE GIRLS ARE TALKING TO ME WHADOOIDOO"
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 06:06:20 PM »
My cousin named her son Dante.  That's a damn awesome name.
And although "Alucard" wouldn't work well, "Adrian", his true name, does work.

Nothing against the name Dante,... but I remember someone posting they want to name their kid Dante... after the DMC character... (I don't think it was this forum though)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
I'd name my son Ottorino.

I'm just mentioning that.

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Fandom out of control?
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 07:08:37 PM »
The Twilight craze is the embodiment of fandom gone wild; simply being a fan of that series is insane enough.

Tags: