Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Force Awakens Teaser  (Read 7127 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: November 28, 2014, 02:59:06 PM »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »
Hehehe, alright, I'll admit that made me feel giddy.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 02:15:59 AM »
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Official Teaser Trailer #1 (2015) - J.J. Abrams Movie HD

Dang! I felt teary eyed.... Hooray for something to look forward to next Dec. after the Hobbit ends this year!
But the new red lightsaber.... what's with that design?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 05:35:29 AM »
So how much argument is there about the crossguard lightsaber? :V
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 10:42:31 AM »
I can see how useful a cross guard lightsaber would be. Especially when you take into account on how Anakin Skywalker cut off both of Doku's hands by sliding his blade down to the saber grip. A cross guard would prevent that from happening.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 11:13:38 AM »
When I saw that black trooper in white armor and the rolling r2d2 style droid I thought "is this a parody of Star Wars of sort?"
So random.  :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 10:23:34 PM »
I can see how useful a cross guard lightsaber would be. Especially when you take into account on how Anakin Skywalker cut off both of Doku's hands by sliding his blade down to the saber grip. A cross guard would prevent that from happening.

Ah, now you say that... I get it.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 10:30:39 PM »
I'll see it at midnight but ever since I've heard about new films I've kinda been iffy. I'm sure it's going to be good but we'll see.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 04:05:07 AM »
Trailer leaves me cautiously optimistic. Nice to see a more diverse cast even if I know disney is making it so as a calculated business move.

Ah, now you say that... I get it.

Then again, there's a few problems with the design.

Warning: Nitpicking ahead, abandon fun all ye who read below-

As various people have pointed out the little projectors on the side stick out too far. So unless we assume that those projectors are made of a lightsaber resistant material then in a dual when the opponent's "blade" slid down the Sith's lightsaber it would just chop off that little projector bit (the same way Darth Maul's lightsaber was split in 2) thus making the crossguard useless. Some site also got a master bladesmith to comment about it and he said having those too blades like that would be more likely to hurt the wielder than an opponent. So even if the main function of the little side blades is offensive, it's more likely to hurt the person using it.

Then again, this is a series where people can move objects with magic by just concentrating on them, probably best not to overthink these things.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:07:15 AM by Ratty »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »
You know Ratty I thought about that too. They do stick out a bit too far. Had they just come out of the sides of the saber itself that would be a much different thing all together.

I'll see it at midnight but ever since I've heard about new films I've kinda been iffy. I'm sure it's going to be good but we'll see.

I too will reserve judgement until I've seen it. Here's hoping it's better then Episode's 1 & 2. The only thing I'll take from Lucas's prequels is Episode 3 as that movie was more hardcore and a kin to what Star Wars was actually about.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 12:07:27 PM »
Somebody posted this. I loled.

"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 05:15:59 PM »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 08:59:11 PM »
Then again, this is a series where people can move objects with magic by just concentrating on them, probably best not to overthink these things.

Yup. Just go for the ride and hope it's better than the prequels.

I too will reserve judgement until I've seen it. Here's hoping it's better then Episode's 1 & 2.

Me too. We shall all talk about it next year with an abundance of spoiler tags. hehehe.

@Mooning: LOL!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 10:47:40 PM »
@Mooning Freddy:

Jesus!

How true. The force thing was a kind of spirituality; The Religion of both Jedi and Sith alike. A mystical 'force' that gave those who were tuned to it the ability to do things that nobody else could. Even the term 'Wizard' was used in one line of the original Star Wars. Yoda himself went into further detail about what the force actually was and we were all fine with that...until Lucas made Episode 1 and put way too much thought into it. Now, instead of it being a spiritual thing, the force is brought about by a symbiosis relationship. And the culprit? Midichlorians  :P :P :P  I feel dirty saying that word.

@VladCT:

Now that's a cross-hilt that works.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:49:24 PM by X »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 12:29:33 PM »
So how much argument is there about the crossguard lightsaber? :V

Not as much as there being a black guy as a stormtrooper. Even worse when it was then rumored he may be the lead character of the movie.

The internet took it in a very well respected and adult like manner as you can imagine.

Tags: