Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The 9th Annual CVDF In-Joke  (Read 3730 times)

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: July 12, 2011, 12:35:22 PM »
Sos, the other week, I was waiting for the 4 Train and saw this poster, which made me go "Heh."

So I thought about it: Harry could be either Kurt (CVDF OWNZOR) or me (I was Harry in a student film), his pal on the right can be either Jorge (first ForumPlanet CVDF Moderator EVOR) or me (in case I'm not THE MAN!!! enough to be in the middle), and the chick on the left could be...I guess...that one great chick that occasionally becomes involved in the CVDF; my pick would be Miss Cornell, cuz she was always such a sweetheart.

So, before I return to the abyss of Real Life, a little bit of background on why this poster was such a punchline to me at that moment:

On July 15, 2002, annoyed with a certain endless debate (SIMON VS RICHTORZLOL) [and a little discouraged that ParoVadius failed to become All Your Base II], I joined my fellow wacky CV folks in flooding the boards with so much nonsense as we saw fit.

The next day saw my first-ever ban, the ascendance of our friendly neighborhood Fuentes as one of the first CVDF mods (since Loki's late-summer 2001 EZBoard obliteration), and one of the most amusing, yet immature wastes of effort I've ever commited to DSLs; "minoru": a Chobits-inspired Eric-fan who suddenly popped up wondering, "Where'd Eric go??? ;_;"

Following the labeling of a then-recent New York City incident (which will very soon observe its tenth anniversary), the event was dubbed 7|15.

Thus, if Jorge happens to wish y'all a "Happy 7|15", you'll know what he's talking about.  :]

See ya next time.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »
LMAO!!!!

After looking at the poster, and looking at angry, dirty Potter with a cool jacket I was expecting something along the lines of "HE'S BACK"  ;D

When the hell were they aiming at? A lame-ass parody of Terminator?

"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 04:22:22 PM »
seven fifteen nebar fuhget
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 08:14:09 PM »
Huh, so Romo showed up.

Interesting.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 01:18:30 AM »
It's tradition, he better show up, or I find him and hunt him down like a dog.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 07:29:05 AM »
Oh wait, misunderstood the thread (should probably read posts)
Nice to see you, Roman.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 11:56:14 AM »
Haha! I noticed the poster too.

IT ALL ENDS
7|15

It's too perfect.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »
This thread made the whole 7|15 thing go by with but a whimper.
I am sad.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)