Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Does Going Upscale Make Sense for McDonald’s?  (Read 5387 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Does Going Upscale Make Sense for McDonald’s?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 09:29:46 AM »
Wonder if this will spell the end for McDonald's. :rolleyes:

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 11:27:48 AM »
McDonald's doesn't even qualify as food, period. It is literally poison and biological waste pressed into a food like shape.

No amount of flat screen tv's, wooden tables, or repainting will ever change this fact.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:03:16 PM »
Woah, woah, woah.... they have great fries!

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 01:01:15 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

No, their fries are TERRIBLE.  The Frozen fries you buy at the supermarket are better than McCrap's fries and have more potato in them.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 01:03:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure at least 60% of McD's fries are solidified grease. :X

It seems a little...late for McDonald's to try and upscale themselves. I guess they're trying to shake off the image of, well, awful but cheap food. I'm not sure how successful this will be.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 01:37:47 PM »

It seems a little...late for McDonald's to try and upscale themselves. I guess they're trying to shake off the image of, well, awful but cheap food. I'm not sure how successful this will be.

Probably, I don't know but I like em.

As for supermarket fries being better, ew.... those super market fries suck!

I need to fry up my own fries though...

Offline paulstanley

• Prince of Hearts
  • Hunter in Training
  • Love isn't sorrow and pain
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 01:39:25 PM »
McDonald's is great. Say what you will about it, but I am a true gourmand and a professional gourmet, and McDonald's food makes my taste buds squeal in delight.

Of course, I have no doubt that Finnish burger joints are better, but I still love McDonald's.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 02:46:44 PM »
I am a true gourmand and a professional gourmet
McDonald's food makes my taste buds squeal in delight.

One or more of these statements is false.

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 09:12:15 PM »
+1
Mcdonalds is pure garbage. I question why I even liked it as a kid, I think BK and Wendys are way better which isn't really saying much. Where I live I got tons of burger joints to go that are way better than any commercial fast food place I have ever been to so really there isn't any reason for me to care if mcdonalds is upscaling. You could paint a piece of crap gold but in the end, it's still a piece of crap.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 03:34:22 AM »
I know McDonalds is shit, but like Taco Bell, I love it. Wouldn't make a routine of it, but I like it once in a while. Wish they'd dump a little less salt on their fries, though.

The upscaling thing is pretty stupid. But I thought the same thing when Church's Chicken started offering valet parking!!  :o
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 06:34:40 AM »

McDonald's used to fry their french fries in beef fat drippings collected from the burgers. Believe it or not, this is actually healthier (and better tasting) than the hydrogenated vegetable oils they were pressured into using after the media got wind of it.

The USDA Food Pyramid primarily came about through corporate lobbying efforts and it has fuck-all to do with scientific research. Corn and wheat are actually very bad for your health, but you won't find very many studies that say so. Why? Because those two crops are king in this country and BigAgra corporations are major financial contributors to many academic institutions; no researcher that values his/her job is going to publish a study that goes against his financier's business interests.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 06:56:53 AM »
Say hello to your chicken nuggets, and burgers. That's right, that is not a picture of strawberry ice cream.

http://67.19.222.106/food/graphics/msm.jpg

Curious? Google MECHANICALLY SEPARATED MEAT

You'll never eat at any of these fastfood chains again.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 07:08:36 AM »
I've seen that.  I still eat 'em.  :P
Of course, there are better choices in my area, so I SELDOM eat 'em, but I won't turn my nose away from that stuff.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 07:13:12 AM »
I wonder how many people are going to want to hang around at all the McDonald's in the shitty neighborhoods.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags: