Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Despite Money Dispute, Simpsons Renewed for Two More Seasons  (Read 4906 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Despite Money Dispute, Simpsons Renewed for Two More Seasons
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 08:20:49 PM »
In its prime, The Simpsons had far more adult humor than Family Guy—and when I say adult, I mean clever and sometimes risque humor that adults would pick up on the most. FG panders to 16-year-old males and 20- and 30-something hicks who never grew out of it.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »
Family Guy Died when it was Canceled, when they brought it back it slowly turned into the complete shitfest it is today.

I would have to strongly disagree with you on that, Kamui. I love the newer Family Guy episodes.

Family Guy may have started as a rip-off of The Simpsons, but it grew to become something far more radical.
I think it started as a cartoon for the whole family until a certain point Seth McFarlene said: "fuck it. I'm not anyone's dog. I'm gonna throw in all the crazy ideas I have in my twisted mind. The viewers can like it or leave it."
And that's why I love Family Guy so much; No censorship, no limits. At a certain point, no plot whatsoever. The creators let themselves loose and throw in stuff that are totally random.
It's a sick parody of American life, of life in general. It makes fun of EVERYTHING. It slaughters every sacred cow. Politics, race, religion, sexism, ww2 & holocaust jokes. It's all in there, mixed with sick twisted characters (like Quagmire and Herbert the old pedophile)
It's extremely offensive for ignorant people who don't see their ignorance. It's genius. If you don't like it, your sense of humor is not twisted enough, mates.   
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »
It's not really an issue of Family Guy being too offensive for me (I'll bet a lot of people don't really find it all that offensive either), it's just that it sometimes comes across as being a little douchey. I can find stuff on Family Guy that I think is pretty funny, but there's stuff that's just overdone (like how Cleveland would always fall out of the tub), kind of irritating (Peter skinning his knee), or just thrown in for shock value but devoid of humor (Horton Hears Domestic Violence in the apartment downstairs but doesn't do anything, or whatever it was called). And I don't really like Seth McFarland's reliance on musical numbers...I've always thought stuff like that in comedies was kind of dull.

Like I said, I can get some pretty good laughs from the show occasionally, but the show just seems kind of tired and a little annoying to me overall.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:59:53 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 10:05:08 PM »
I would have to strongly disagree with you on that, Kamui. I love the newer Family Guy episodes.

Family Guy may have started as a rip-off of The Simpsons, but it grew to become something far more radical.
I think it started as a cartoon for the whole family until a certain point Seth McFarlene said: "fuck it. I'm not anyone's dog. I'm gonna throw in all the crazy ideas I have in my twisted mind. The viewers can like it or leave it."
And that's why I love Family Guy so much; No censorship, no limits. At a certain point, no plot whatsoever. The creators let themselves loose and throw in stuff that are totally random.
It's a sick parody of American life, of life in general. It makes fun of EVERYTHING. It slaughters every sacred cow. Politics, race, religion, sexism, ww2 & holocaust jokes. It's all in there, mixed with sick twisted characters (like Quagmire and Herbert the old pedophile)
It's extremely offensive for ignorant people who don't see their ignorance. It's genius. If you don't like it, your sense of humor is not twisted enough, mates.
South Park is the Parody of American life.
I do admit Seth made something good, but he's driving it to a point where no one will watch it.

One can only make Stereotype jokes and it being funny, or his worst Repeated jokes and Recycled shit that died on the internet 3 months ago...
Making every character a hypocrite of themselves every other episode and worst of all making them hated.
Simpsons just got old, and therefore most of the jokes aren't funny anymore...
Family Guy... WTF happened? Tim and Eric puts more effort in thier shows than family guy now...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »
No censorship, no limits.

This is different from South Park how? Except that South Park is well-written, clever, and genuinely funny. It has nothing to do with one's sense of twisted humor; I like messed up humor very much. Toxic Avenger 1 and 4 and Terror Firmer = way more twisted than Family Guy, and about a billion times more funny.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:40:06 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: