Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Disney buys Star Wars  (Read 16457 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2012, 03:10:03 PM »
About Palpatine, his body indeed didnt survived, he transfered his soul to another body before dying, that his the ultimate power of imortality that he seeked. About Darth Vader I never heard about that, since he is dead and we can clearly see that in VI end.

To clarify, canon-wise, Palpatine is dead, so any & all Expanded Universe stories that take place after VI are non-canon.

However, there is already a "treatment" for the Ep. VII story that is 100% original, not connected to any novel or EU characters. Sorry, Jacen Solo/Clone Palpatine/Mara Jade,etc. fans!

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2012, 05:44:45 PM »
I've read several places they're bringing Vader back. I sure hope they don't.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »
The only way Vader can return is as Anakin, portrayed by Hayden Christensen, as a Force Ghost, to mentor Luke.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 11:06:34 AM »
The only way Vader can return is as Anakin, portrayed by Hayden Christensen, as a Force Ghost, to mentor Luke.

Exactly. The only way they can re-introduce Vader is by having another villain wear the suit. But it still would not be THE Darth Vader.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 11:13:15 AM »
+1
They should do a Chewie trilogy. Everything in the movie should happen in his home galaxy. All the characters and dialogue would be wookiee.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2012, 01:32:08 PM »
Exactly. The only way they can re-introduce Vader is by having another villain wear the suit. But it still would not be THE Darth Vader.

Not to say it wouldn't be kinda weird that an old Luke (Mark Hamill is 61) would be visited by a significantly younger version of his father (which is very likely to happen in Ep. VII, in fact I'm betting on it), but weirder stuff has happened (like Genya Arikado confronting Soma, lol)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 12:34:58 AM »
They should do a Chewie trilogy. Everything in the movie should happen in his home galaxy. All the characters and dialogue would be wookiee.

Chewie isn't from another galaxy, he hails from a planet called Kashyyyk.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 01:36:31 AM »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 06:27:29 AM »
owned hard

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2012, 02:40:40 PM »
+1
Chewie isn't from another galaxy, he hails from a planet called Kashyyyk.

But remember that the Holiday Special is still canon, which means Chewie's son Lumpy and all the other characters from it are canon to, and so is Life Day.

Merry Life Day season everyone!

(Image from: http://mclapsis.blogspot.com/ )
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:55:44 PM by Ratty »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2012, 12:27:56 AM »
I never did see the Christmas special and from what I read about it I don't think I ever want to. Even Lucas admitted it was awful and I'm fairly certain that he removed them from the canon as it was just that bad. The only two shows that were far more successful and tolerable would be the two Ewoks flicks; Caravan of Courage and Battle for Endor. I seem to watch Battle for Endor quite frequently. Maybe cause it's a rather dark story for a children's TV movie which totally kicks ass in my mind.

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2012, 09:56:41 AM »
I never did see the Christmas special and from what I read about it I don't think I ever want to. Even Lucas admitted it was awful and I'm fairly certain that he removed them from the canon as it was just that bad. The only two shows that were far more successful and tolerable would be the two Ewoks flicks; Caravan of Courage and Battle for Endor. I seem to watch Battle for Endor quite frequently. Maybe cause it's a rather dark story for a children's TV movie which totally kicks ass in my mind.

Nah it's still canon unless disney decides to change that for some reason http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special#Canonicity_of_the_special
The special was iirc the first appearance of Boba Fett, he showed up in a couldn't-possibly-be-more-70s cartoon halfway through that's the only part of the special that isn't cringe-worthy in some way. It's true that Lucas is ashamed of it though, it's really a shadow of the prequels from way back when. It only aired 1 time as I recall. If anything it should be considered more canon than the two Ewok movies and the Ewok cartoon though, because it depicts Chewie/Han/Luke/Leia/C-3PO/R2D2 all played by their original actors.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:59:09 AM by Ratty »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2012, 08:27:15 PM »
Just because a show in the same universe doesn't depict the iconic heroes doesn't mean it isn't canon. That's just wishful thinking for some. It's simply another tale in the saga. And while Boba Fett had his first introduction in the Christmas special his actual first appearance was in Episode IV: A New Hope. It was a scene that Lucas cut from the final production as it just wasn't working out with the tech that they had at the time. However when they relaunched the original trilogy with the new CG scenes they were able to restore it. I just wish they could've also added in the Tosche Station scene as well since it was one of the major points of the film that had Luke's friend Biggs in it, And that we don't see him again until the final battle.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:32:22 PM by X »

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2012, 01:34:47 PM »
Just because a show in the same universe doesn't depict the iconic heroes doesn't mean it isn't canon. That's just wishful thinking for some. It's simply another tale in the saga. And while Boba Fett had his first introduction in the Christmas special his actual first appearance was in Episode IV: A New Hope. It was a scene that Lucas cut from the final production as it just wasn't working out with the tech that they had at the time. However when they relaunched the original trilogy with the new CG scenes they were able to restore it. I just wish they could've also added in the Tosche Station scene as well since it was one of the major points of the film that had Luke's friend Biggs in it, And that we don't see him again until the final battle.

Yeah but that wasn't the main part of my argument. Lucasfilm considers it canon so it's canon. Unless disney decides to change that. Here's hoping that disney soon releases complete sets of the other Star Wars rarities, the 2 Ewok Adventure movies and the Droids/Ewoks cartoons.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2012, 08:21:28 AM »
This is the closest I've gotten to seeing the full special (I've seen the part with Boba) and I have to admit it's pretty painful.

Also, warning: LANGUAGE
Nostalgia Critic - Starwars Christmas Special

Tags:

anything