Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Does anyone have tips with bipolar people?  (Read 9204 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: Does anyone have tips with bipolar people?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 05:57:29 PM »
+1
"You don't understand me! No one understands me!"

"I tried! I try! I'm really trying! But then you become someone else and I have to start all over!"
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 05:49:09 AM »
+1
You have a bipolar person in your life?
If they're any closer than 'friend', you're screwed.

Welcome to an ocean of drama and waves upon waves of moodswings.

I had an internet friend who had bipolar tendencies, and one day everything was great, and the next day he would snap at anything that was said.  And that was online, mind you.  Since then he's apologized but I don't talk to him anymore.  It's just too much work and it's not appreciated/considered.

Bipolar women?  Please, do yourselves a favor ant steer clear.  You will lose hair over these women. 
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 09:25:58 AM »
+2
It's funny. People with mental problems seem to be the one last group you can still shun and treat like taboo aliens without getting the stink eye.

It's not a flesh eating disease that you get from exposure. If you truly honestly really have that thing called "love" bubbling through your system, I wouldn't hesitate. She's still a human being you might be able to reach if you try. It doesn't necessarily mean she's a bitch.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 10:03:57 AM »
It's funny. People with mental problems seem to be the one last group you can still shun and treat like taboo aliens without getting the stink eye.

It's not a flesh eating disease that you get from exposure. If you truly honestly really have that thing called "love" bubbling through your system, I wouldn't hesitate. She's still a human being you might be able to reach if you try. It doesn't necessarily mean she's a bitch.

Thats what Im trying to say, thanks for being the only considerate person here until now. I understand that eveyone is giving their feedback about their experiences, but its start to sound like a stereotype here. If it were any of you that had this kind of problem, would you like to be treated like that and never find someone that loves you because everyone say things like that said here?

Im not perfect and have my problems, so I can at least try to put myself in these people shoes and know that the manner that some things have been said here isnt very cool to them :(
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 01:50:48 PM »
Well, when they threaten you with a knife about how if they ever see you they'll use it, you kinda remember that sort of thing.
Please remember, that there are different degrees to many mental disorders.

But bipolar people can range from being absent-minded, to full hardcore sociopathic.
I would love to give a more understanding, open-minded piece of advice, but I don't have any. :(
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »
+1
You sounded a lot more impartial now, there are "people" and "people" (as some persons say). One guy can be bipolar and be normal, while other bipolar can be a killer (maybe because the disease took him over or because another things happened).

Its really tough to talk about these kinds, GuyStarwind if you really want to endure this then good luck, since you will need a lot of patience at first.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 11:53:58 PM »
Please remember, that there are different degrees to many mental disorders.

I do. Maybe you should try that too.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 09:42:11 AM »
I didn't say do what I do, I said do what I say. :P :P :P

I personally just choose to steer clear.  Makes me seem cold and distant and possibly uncaring, but I'd rather not fall into the same quagmires I've had in my past.  Apologies if it cuts people off, but I don't want more gray hairs too early.  There has been enough drama in my life, and I would rather not add any further drama unnecessarily.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 01:48:47 PM »
No need to exlain yourself, you did it pretty well already. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 03:05:49 PM »
LOL kay.
**bows out**
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 03:10:58 PM »
*throws in two pennies*

There's a difference between offering a colder-sounding and more reasonable opinion to a question and being an asshole about the topic at hand. Jorge was doing the former. There's no need to jump down his throat because he's offering his advice based on his own experiences. Heaven forbid they don't coincide with yours.

It's like someone getting reamed for asking why [topical event that people will get rabid over with little provocation] is a big deal by comparison to other things.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 03:19:53 PM »
Yes, but this is internet, things like that can be confusing to understand at first without a explanation. He did a good one and now (at least me) we can understand that his true intentions (to ressurect Count Dracula) is good.   ;)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 05:42:24 PM »
I know. I'll be the first to admit establishing context and tone on the Internet via text is extremely difficult most of the time. However, assuming a particular context doesn't always go well, especially if the context assumed is of a negative connotation. That's what I see happening here; that doesn't mean it IS, but it's what I'm seeing. See? Context IS hard! :P

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2013, 06:02:19 PM »
Yeah, but if you put salt at someone's wounds this person gonna complain, thats why I said something, because it hurts. Communication is important, thats why I said that I was not liking where it was going. But all is fixed now, nothing to see here xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2013, 06:09:27 PM »
Yeah it's all good in the hood.
Dracula's Hood....
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags:

anything