Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981081 times)

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #990 on: May 12, 2015, 01:58:48 PM »
  they sure can be more creative than following Castlevania's tradition with that.

To add more of my thoughts..
1) Dracula has certain charm and attraction, because of his legend..Visiting Dracula`s castle in Castlevania is what I loved. I know any castle can be fantastic, and any antagonist can be great, but without Dracula it loses its charm.
I still believe this game can be good. Maybe IGAcula is a new thing.
2) I really dont like 2.5D, it is a thing of taste. I prefer 2D by far. De gustibus non est disputandum :)
3) The other major thing I loved about Castlevania is Ayami Kojima`s art. The only other one I liked was Order of Ecclesia. The art in Bloodstained is not appealing to me and I don`t like it.

So this might be a good game, I am happy IGA is back, and also Michiru Yamane. I hope it turns out great. I am sure it will play similar to Igavanias. It just lacks that something for me. I will wait for updates and gameplay videos to judge more. For now, I am just happy IGA is back and KICKING :)

Stretch goals make me angry. What is a new boss suppose to mean? This makes me not want to support the game. For now the game is in its early development, it will come out in 2 years. It might have 5 or 10 or 15 bosses, no one knows yet. A new boss doesnt mean anything additional, it is really stupid and unfair to have it as stretch goal.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #991 on: May 12, 2015, 02:02:27 PM »
+3
Operation Akumajo takes credit for giving IGA the idea to do a KS.

I commented on this with my friends. Cecil is completelly out of his mind.

"IGA accepted our challenge"
"As one of the top donors, I will use whatever clout I have to help this game reach its full potential and satisfy your expectations."

Dude... Calm the fuck down!
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #992 on: May 12, 2015, 02:35:34 PM »
+3
I commented on this with my friends. Cecil is completelly out of his mind.

"IGA accepted our challenge"
"As one of the top donors, I will use whatever clout I have to help this game reach its full potential and satisfy your expectations."

Dude... Calm the fuck down!

That is the funniest thing I've read all day  ;D
Is he a co-producer all of a sudden?

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #993 on: May 12, 2015, 02:45:47 PM »
Wait, did he really take credit?

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #994 on: May 12, 2015, 02:55:44 PM »
Can one person or a small group really take credit? I mean, really...

Iga was surely inspired by the thousands or millions of people who wanted this.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #995 on: May 12, 2015, 03:06:40 PM »
Does IGA even know operation: akumajou exists? D:

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #996 on: May 12, 2015, 03:11:29 PM »
I imagine this is something Iga's been wanting to do for a lo~ng time, probably even before OoE. Making his ideal game with a proper budget, no corporate interference, telling what story he wants to tell. He's a creator, through and through, and though he loves his fans and acknowledges us, I think he does this more for him and his dreams than to satisfy us.

There's making music to satisfy the mainstream and make big bucks and then there's making music that satisfies you and expresses you. I definitely believe Iga is the latter.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #997 on: May 12, 2015, 03:12:32 PM »
Does IGA even know operation: akumajou exists? D:

IGA does. Cecil sent him an open letter back when he resigned from Konami, and IGA responded to it.

And no, I don't think OA is responsible for this new game coming about. That's also why this isn't really a victory for OA, either, since it's not even what they were campaigning for. OA helped make it happen, sure, but it was pretty much everyone did.

IGA was planning this for a while. I don't think it's something anyone can take credit for.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:14:27 PM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #998 on: May 12, 2015, 03:30:16 PM »
Ah. Well, that's really nice of IGA! You're right that OA can't take credit for this though. Still, I suppose I can salute those guys for their enthusiasm. 1.5 million dollars in not even 2 days...like I said, all CV fans, Operation Akumajo, us at the CV dungeon, the old Chapelmen, etc. etc. etc. should be proud :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #999 on: May 12, 2015, 03:37:50 PM »
Those of us from ICVD, however...fart in your general direction....

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1000 on: May 12, 2015, 03:48:27 PM »
Operation Akumajo takes credit for giving IGA the idea to do a KS.

Self important and egotistical as always... I should not be surprised, as much as I am face palming right now.

Also, I can't keep up with like 8 pages a day. Too much, the hype train wont slow down.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:50:11 PM by uzo »

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1001 on: May 12, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »
+4
As if OA wasn't already retardedly mock-worthy.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1002 on: May 12, 2015, 03:54:10 PM »
+8
actually i must admit, all that is happening is thanks to me, i have contact w/ iga personally long time

so your welcome cv dungeon

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1003 on: May 12, 2015, 04:32:17 PM »
actually i must admit, all that is happening is thanks to me, i have contact w/ iga personally long time

so your welcome cv dungeon

Our true hero.

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1004 on: May 12, 2015, 04:34:29 PM »
Yo, just an old lurker stopping by to join the hype train. Weeee. ;D

Tags: