Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castle Ravenloft (Castlevania'esque) Board Game  (Read 4661 times)

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Castle Ravenloft (Castlevania'esque) Board Game
« on: June 23, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »
Now with image to explain more of what it is.. God this is addicting, and SOOO Castlevania. Come to SF and play with me! :)) haha!

http://www.mythreal.co.uk/blog/?p=24

(Mods - please delete my other Castle Ravenloft thread).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:08:02 PM by Wallachia »

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: Castle Ravenloft (Castlevania'esque) Board Game
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 08:58:17 PM »
oh I was like wtf... I know I replied to this thread! Anyway! I got mine today and played the 2nd adventure with a friend and we really liked it. I wanted to go back and play the first solo adventure but it was already almost 10pm and I didnt wanna mess with it. Were gonna play some more tomorrow after work. Very nice so far really well done. And since all the parts are normal scale you can easily transition into regular dnd with the same stuff

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »
How has the game been going for you Aridale?

I still play off and on, mostly alone, creating my own adventure. I played once with my GF. was pretty fun.. I set up the board beforehand and placed monsters I chose, all over the board, and didn't do encounters. Made for fun movement and combat :)

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 04:34:13 PM »
its been goin pretty good. Were on adventure 7 I think? We just beat the hag in the dungeon where ya start off alone in one of the corners. Were prolly gonna make some major changes to combat next time we play

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 09:26:39 PM »
I remember playing this with a few buddies a few years back, fun game though. I like boardgames like this, they are very fun to play though sometimes having to set multiple days to play a game like this can be a pain.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 02:28:01 PM »
Cool, dark. But you prob played the Advanced D&D Ravenloft, or the D&D miniatures game. (?) This boardgame is hardly a year old.. its fast and easy too :)

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 07:36:58 AM »
Cool, dark. But you prob played the Advanced D&D Ravenloft, or the D&D miniatures game. (?) This boardgame is hardly a year old.. its fast and easy too :)
I am not really into D&D, I think if anything my favorite miniatures game is Heroclix only because its easy to pick up and play and me and a few friends are kinda starting a resurgence in my town, trying to make it popular again(we got a lot of Yugioh/Magic players in my town).
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Tags:

anything