Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Christmas!!  (Read 7910 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 10:08:52 PM »
Snagged it for a hair under $30, free shipping too, pretty damned good condition too. One of the best purchases I've made in awhile.

As for Sonic Advance 2, don't really have much free time, so that will be played very sparingly. The fighting games I don't have to put a ton if time into, so those are good.
That's a good deal. Also Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei is my favorite to.  :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:10:48 PM by Ratty »

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 12:44:30 AM »
Good thing about the Japanese release, Lei Lei instead of Hsein-ko (I don't like this name for her, doesn't seem ladylike of a name).

Bad thing about this collection, all win quotes in Japanese.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 01:57:15 PM »
Good thing about the Japanese release, Lei Lei instead of Hsein-ko (I don't like this name for her, doesn't seem ladylike of a name).

Bad thing about this collection, all win quotes in Japanese.

I've heard there's a cheat or something to switch between the English and Japanese versions of the games in that collection. You might also like to pick up the Darkstalkers Graphic File if you can find it for a decent price. (No WAY is it worth the $80 - $90 I'm seeing on amazon right now. I bought it for under $30 about 2 years ago.) It's a sort of quasi strategy guide art book thing that has all of the win quotes (and endings and special moves) for all of the characters in every game, though unfortunately they're in really small screenshots.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:00:58 PM by Ratty »

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2013, 10:43:47 PM »
Too much for my wallet/budget sadly.

Small screenshots will finish me going blind.

No cheat I know of exists to put the collection into English, though there are lots of dipswitch stars to tinker with. Most seem aimed at added or removing arcade revisions bugs.

Tags:

anything