Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: finally thinking about getting a tattoo  (Read 3665 times)

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: February 28, 2008, 08:26:44 PM »
ive always wanted a tattoo, and contemplated what i wanted for a long time and finally came to a decision

what i want is fire (like flames) going around my right forearm, and water (like a tide or something cool) around my left forearm....

fire and water they are like two opposites like yin and yang they keep balance

fire on my right arm since im right handed and its stronger

water on the left since its weaker, thus more gentle, closer to the <3 (lol) and it is more flexible, i can do weird stuff like making my left thumb bend back to touch my arm and even go a little past it, yet i cant do it as easy with the right, its odd

are there any tattoo designers here in nc near winston-salem, or anyone know of a good professional artist? i dont want anything crazy or overboard, but i want it to look nice. should i bring him artwork i want him to use or should he be able to draw my idea? anybody have good pics or concepts like what i want? maybe a talented gfx artist here could design something some concepts for me. much appreciated thanks

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: finally thinking about getting a tattoo
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 10:08:51 PM »
What you're requesting is so simple from a graphical perspective (the complexity is in the concept, not the image itself) that most professional tattoo artists should be able to design something you'd be happy with.  They can probably show you a few different options within your idea and let you pick from there.  Don't go to a whole-in-the-wall place, go to a professional artist, and you'll be fine.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 02:18:21 AM »
I would try to design somethin yourself so you know its yours and your the only person thats gonna have it. Thats always been my belief with tatoos. I dont want somethin on me for the rest of my life that I found in some book on the table at the tat shop.

Your the only one that knows exactly what you want on part of your body for the rest of your life so IMO its best to design somethin yourself. Dont go in just tryin to explain it with words and your hands. Print a bunch of shit and take it with ya. They may have to tweak it a bit to get it doable with the needlegun (lines too thin too close together etc) but atleast itll be original.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/aridale/Me005.jpg
I got that tat in the pic there a few years ago and I designed it mself. Sure its not the only hazard symbol anyones gonna have but the barcode I picked all the numbers and everything and designed and hand drew it all mself and took it with me.

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 04:24:52 PM »
ok cool thanks for the input guys, yea ill try to draw my ideas but im not that good of a drawer, but maybe he can see the concept and draw a nicer version you think?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 06:10:09 PM »
In Reply To #4

yeah they arent just talented with a needlegun =D The guy that did my first tat didnt have a tat on his entire body he was just a fantastic artist that got into tattooing of all things.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 05:52:27 AM »
I would try to design somethin yourself so you know its yours and your the only person thats gonna have it. Thats always been my belief with tatoos. I dont want somethin on me for the rest of my life that I found in some book on the table at the tat shop.

That's exactly my opinion about tattoos. I don't think I would ever have the guts to make a tattoo (something about having a drawing on my body and not being able to change it gives me an uncomfortable feeling), but if you want a tattoo, design it yourself. Once I thought of a really cool idea (IMO) to a tattoo: a scattered deck of cards, between them gold & silver coins and jewlery, on top of them two revolvers and a dagger. That symbolizes my love for games (not gambling, just gaming) and the revolvers are, well, danger. I wanted to draw it, but... I can't draw.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: