Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music you've been digging lately  (Read 273414 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #360 on: January 29, 2013, 02:02:16 PM »
I've been listening to a bunch of video game OSTs. Been looking for high quality CD rips of Donkey Kong Country 2 for ages and somebody provided FLACs of it. ;D Very nostalgic; I knew right away what the next track would be 'cos my brother owned the cassette and I had my own copy of it.

The Japanese OST for the first game is tits, by the way. All these cool arranged versions; we got gypped. Japanese OST for the third was also mastered for OPTIMAL CD LISTENING, so the levels are all boosted and it sounds nice.

Aaaaand, Bandcamp is tits. Enjoying all this Aubrey Hodges music and also the remastered Killer Instinct tunes done by Graeme Norgate; now Robin Beanland needs to get on Bandcamp and release his tunes, heh. The remixes that Norgate did sound nicer than the versions that wound up on the Killer Cuts CD, which were produced by an outside studio. Only problem with his little soundtrack is there are audio glitches all over the freagin' place...
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #361 on: January 29, 2013, 08:52:49 PM »
I've been listening to a lot of the Silent Hill 1-3 OST's again lately. It's fantastic stuff. Oh, and this too-

[HQ] "I Want You" - Theme for Scanty and Kneesocks Henshin - PSG OST - Teddyloid
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #362 on: February 03, 2013, 02:08:58 PM »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #363 on: February 03, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »
Stendal Blast & Blutengel - Mein Babylon

Literally on loop on my phone
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Lone Wolf

Re: Music you've been digging lately
« Reply #364 on: February 03, 2013, 03:18:02 PM »
I've been listening to this song a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJLviAsnsIk

Along with other assorted anime OPs. 8)

Oooh, i loved this song so much! Reminded me of speed metal. :3

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #365 on: February 03, 2013, 09:08:05 PM »
So new My Bloody Valentine is out and I grabbed it late Saturday night before the server crash apparently, finally got around to listening and I really like it a lot. A lot of people hate the latter section because it's heavy on the beat and isn't as sing-songy but I think it's great so whatever.

Kinda wish I'd grabbed the 24 bit WAVs, though. Not that I can hear above 198kbps, but considering I paid so much for the CD, I shoulda gotten the most out of the included download by getting something higher than CD quality. Oh well.

Maybe I can email them and say I made a mistake and get a new DL code.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #366 on: February 04, 2013, 10:05:52 AM »
So new My Bloody Valentine is out and I grabbed it late Saturday night before the server crash apparently, finally got around to listening and I really like it a lot. A lot of people hate the latter section because it's heavy on the beat and isn't as sing-songy but I think it's great so whatever.
I got mine as soon as I could. I kicked myself over not grabbing Loveless in vinyl when it was reprinted, so I made sure not to make the same mistake with this one. Shame it's going to be like April when the thing arrives.

I'm really digging this, though. The first three are like the Loveless style of shoegaze, then it starts getting pretty intense towards the end, especially wonder 2. Both sides are pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:11:24 AM by Slayer »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #367 on: February 04, 2013, 06:36:13 PM »
THAT WAS A BLADE RUNNER REFERENCE IN THAT GRENDEL MUSIC VIDEO!!!!

Just watched it this weekend. That's the one girl android that fights by doing flips and cartwheels. Same hair color, same make-up, and same outfit!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #368 on: February 13, 2013, 07:00:20 PM »
UK hardcore/metalcore for maximum carnage.

Underule - Dark
Dark.wmv

Stampin Ground - Officer Down
Stampin' Ground - Officer Down

Knuckledust - Dust To Dust
Knuckledust - Dust To Dust (w/ lyrics!!)
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Lone Wolf

« Reply #369 on: February 21, 2013, 11:07:56 AM »
This one here, guys:

Holocaust - alexander

I think it's a very intelligent work they did, specially speaking for John Mortimer, their frontman, vocalist AND guitarist.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #370 on: March 02, 2013, 02:46:40 PM »
Before Ministry were polemically-inclined Industrial Metal rabble-rousers, they were..... a synthy gothy New Wave band. This was a surprise.

Ministry - "Over The Shoulder"
Ministry - Revenge (1983) [HQ]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:51:49 PM by Nail_Bombed »
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #371 on: March 03, 2013, 01:07:46 PM »
+1
Well hey, don't forget that The Land of Rape and Honey was pretty much devoid of metal. Best Ministry album, by the way.

I love early Ministry ("Over the Shoulder" there is my favorite chune off Twitch), but not so much With Sympathy. "Revenge" is a pretty good single but as a fan of synth pop I find the rest pretty uninteresting. I don't doubt Jourgensen when he says the album was largely studio-controlled, because the stuff he did before and right after is all much more interesting.

Too bad he has yet to put a high quality recording of his first (unreleased, 1982) single on any format. I dig this weird tune:

Ministry - Same Old Madness

Also, from perusing Wikipedia, I just learned that the video for "Over the Shoulder" was directed by Peter Christopherson. No wonder I like it so much. Dude was not only an amazing electronic musicmaker but a very good moozik video director as well. Love his kinetic "March of the Pigs" video, and this unreleased version is pretty unusual and also cool:

Nine Inch Nails - March Of The Pigs (Unreleased Version)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:23:21 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #372 on: March 03, 2013, 01:24:38 PM »
+2
Looks like David Bowie finally came out of his nearly decade-long retirement with some cool new material! I really like this new video. It's also cool that he got the actress who many people (myself included) have always thought looks like David Bowie's female twin, Tilda Swinton, to be in the video.

David Bowie - The Stars (Are Out Tonight)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:30:31 PM by Gecko »
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: March 03, 2013, 01:31:39 PM »
+1
Got my pre-order in for the new album. Apparently you can stream it on iTunes, but I think I'll wait.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Lone Wolf

« Reply #374 on: March 04, 2013, 10:23:34 PM »
I have kind of a mixed, wide-varied taste, but well, i'm showing you some:

Holocaust - in the dark places of the earth

This is one of my favorite songs. Besides, i'm quite experimental in my taste, too. I like new things sometimes; sometimes i like taking back some things from the past. In this case, this is a NWOBHM video.

Tags:

anything