Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Are you a dog person or a cat person?  (Read 5583 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« on: August 16, 2013, 04:20:16 PM »
So, I've learned from personal experience that there's only 2 type of people in the world.
Dogs people and cats people.
Dogs people are more passionate and artistic.
Cats people are more logical and analytical.
Artists are usually dogs people.
Critics are usually cats people.
Though, we have middle grounds, mixes, and everything.
Also, dogs people prefer dogs as pets, while cats people, perhaps not surprisingly, prefer cats.

I am 100% for dogs as pets, I am 100% passionate and 100% artistic, and I have very little in me about the rest of the stuff I mentioned. I can analyze, I can be critical, but I don't want to, that's not the real me.
It's better to surrender to feelings.

So... what kind of person are you?

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
http://onpuppies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Cute-Labrador-Puppy-3.jpg
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Are you a dog person or a cat person?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »
I just got a pooch a few months back, he's only about six months old now but he's getting big and digging huge holes in the yard. I love 'im, though. Really lovable guy, a pretty light brown German shepherd with a lot of white on his tummy, and probably wouldn't even run off if he got off his chain—but I don't wanna chance it since our previous two dogs would run and run if they got loose.

Generally I'm not big on cats, but one really cool cat showed up in our yard a few years ago and we've adopted him. He must have previously been an indoor cat, because he knows to use the litter box when he is inside, but he's outdoors most of the time, which is how I like it. Catches his own food though he's fed as well. He's just super cool 'cos he doesn't have an attitude like most cats seem to, and he just loves to cuddle up and purr and purr and purr.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »
Don't make me choose!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 05:28:40 PM »
I seem to be more of a cat person although cute little dogs will break me too.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 07:19:48 PM »
I just want pussy, no bitches please.

My cat loves to cuddle. It's annoying sometimes. Too cuddly. ... And hungry. Always hungry. Meow meow meow. I JUST FED YOU STUPID RUNT QUIT FUCKING WHINING!!!! So I get up, feed her, then she's cuddling again.

If you rub a cat's ears, like, inside it, they'll love you forever. A Q-tip to the ear, if you can get the cat to not squirm away at first, is like oo-mox to a Ferengi.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »
I like more dogs than cats (I like them too), but I use logic a lot too. Maybe this disprove this theory? :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 10:55:41 PM »
You're kidding, right? I think it's supposed to be the other way around. Dog people love dogs because they're loyal, clever, and strong. Cat people love cats because they're cute, beautiful and give no s**t about anyone. The dog people should be the logical and analytical ones, while the cat people should be the artistic and passionate ones.  :P

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:10:37 PM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 11:51:07 PM »
I'm really neither. I like calm, not too big dogs in small doses. Meaning I can scratch them and act so they're unlikely to bite me. But I wouldn't get one and wouldn't like one in my house. And dog fanatics? I avoid them like plague. Definitely worse than cat fanatics and their animal spreads more terror.

Cats are fairly harmless, so I largely ignore them. I like the kind that are put to good use (kill rats and other vermin). A cute kitten may melt my heart momentarily, but again, not getting one.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 11:53:07 PM »
I'm a bunny person.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 12:54:57 AM »
I like cats more than dogs.
The only dog breed I want is a cavalier king charles spaniel.
I will not get a pet anytime soon though...

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 02:10:35 AM »
My (volunteering) job is at a boarding kennels, so I'm naturally disposed to dogs, despite not owning one myself (my folks aren't really dog people). I also like cats, but I am allergic to them.
I commend anyone who has the guts and the space to own a St. Bernard - they are absolutely sweet-tempered and loyal, but who'd have one? It'd be about the same size as having a bear cub in the house.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 07:13:07 AM »
While dogs can sometimes be cute, they're most often under kept, dirty, smelly, and largely dependant. On the other hand, cats are very self sufficient, clean themselves, hunt their own food, poop in a box (some even go outside so you don't even have to clean that), and generally do not smell bad even after coming home from outside.

However, as far as the United States government is concerned I am an artist for making video games. No one questions that I am creative, but I am also very analytical as well. Pure, unrestrained, creativity usually leads to sloppy game design with broken mechanics, while pure analytical constraint usually leads to a very mechanical game with a limited scope of player options. The best games tend to fall in the middle, but not exclusively so.

Minecraft is so open and creative driven some would argue its less of a game and more of a broader tool for creation. No one can, however, deny it's greatness and appeal.

Chess is about as analytical as you can get for game design. It has a strict and calculated structure. You have only strategic use of the pieces and their abilities, that never change, to overcome the opponent. Likewise no one dares to question chess' legacy, design, and importance to gaming as a whole.

Cat games, and dog games?

Dogcraft? Cattess? I can see it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:15:26 AM by uzo »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 07:56:32 AM »
On the other hand, cats are very self sufficient, clean themselves, hunt their own food, poop in a box (some even go outside so you don't even have to clean that)

Hey, that describes me to a T!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 09:30:21 AM »
I'm a bunny person.

I apologize if this image breaks your mind A-Yty.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3XBUPZtl2hk/TkzFiB6HxgI/AAAAAAAAA_Q/z4rxNi333T0/s640/cute+bunny+011.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. I find it cute too.  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 04:14:03 PM »
I apologize if this image breaks your mind A-Yty.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3XBUPZtl2hk/TkzFiB6HxgI/AAAAAAAAA_Q/z4rxNi333T0/s640/cute+bunny+011.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. I find it cute too.  :D

Its a bit strange to me, someone inserted a photoshopped human eye in him or what?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything