Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Legacy of Darkness text dump  (Read 3011 times)

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« on: September 10, 2020, 06:48:45 PM »
i duplicated every last fragment of text sometime back in the year 20XX and almost immediately lost it.
okay i thought it was lost, but i found a copy buried on an old hard drive and uploaded it.

the entire text of the game here -
https://inverteddungeon.com/redrum/lodtext.txt

truly a fantastic story, masterfully crafted by KCEK and series OG Shigeharu Umezaki.
some really inspiring lines in here that still pop in my head today.

there is text of some removed items (found via gameshark codes),
apparently the original concept was for subweapons to be changed at will from the inventory.

PS whoever made that fan art is amazing

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 09:30:11 AM »
+1
The story of CV64/LoD is one that sticks in my head to this day. Its quality rivals those of IGA stories to be honest. A truly underrated game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 11:02:22 AM »
Ha ha camera angle goes BBRRRRRRR

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 01:15:15 AM »
psh, that old worn out line about the camera?  people act like it's the only game that ever had camera problems.
if you learn how to operate it, the thing works pretty well.  otherwise you just miss out on a good game.

it had some really excellent character design, i always wanted to see actrise return in another game.
you really can't beat master oldrey's descent into madness.  that part feels like it came right out of silent hill -

The words are scrawled in messy handwriting.  The cover is signed, J.A. Oldrey.
This diary must belong to the master of the residence.
O, the world of death is fantastic!  I must tell my family of this wonderful feeling!
My lovely wife Mary will be next, then our little Henry and anybody else who drops by to visit!
I must prepare all their gravestones!
O, great and powerful Dracula!  I pledge to be your servant forever!

Does this come in some kind of an order?

and then there's the part after that, you know the one i'm talking about...
how could anyone forget having to save IGA from the garden of madness?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 09:53:43 AM »
+1
Fortunately Henry survives thanks to Cornell, and he returns 8 years later to rescue all the children whom were kidnapped as he doesn't want what almost happened to him, to happen to them. No Castlevania game since has ever done this kind of play-through. Henry's mission wasn't to kill Dracula as he isn't a Belmont by blood, but he did have business within the Castle. It would've been nice to see more of these kinds of heros in later instalments.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 07:32:59 AM »
somehow the original castlevania 64 is still my favourite, i don't know why they felt the urge to release an updated version with a guy holding a gun

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 02:07:05 AM »
Fortunately Henry survives thanks to Cornell, and he returns 8 years later to rescue all the children whom were kidnapped as he doesn't want what almost happened to him, to happen to them. No Castlevania game since has ever done this kind of play-through. Henry's mission wasn't to kill Dracula as he isn't a Belmont by blood, but he did have business within the Castle. It would've been nice to see more of these kinds of heros in later instalments.

I actually really dug this mode at the time. I will guiltily admit that back in the day, I got just as much enjoyment out of LoD as I did with SotN. I recognised even back then, that objectively it isn't the superior title, but something about CV on N64 (especially with LoD) had intense-ass moments that were absent in SotN. Perhaps it was the combination of live edges and bad controls, suspenseful music and atmosphere and 3dvania being an unexplored creature. Whatever it was, it somehow all worked together and despite the difficult controls, I wanted to play it badly. I wish that the originally planned Akumajo Dracula Apocalypse would be made someday, imagone Reinhardt swinging like Indiana Jones and being able to play as Chainsaw arm...

On the story I love LoD, particularly with the intro screen scene involving the chase and the nugget at the end about Demon Dracula absorbing Cornell's wolf abilities (being his plan all along "hahahaha").. The story in general was incestuous, but well written.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD