Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Have you ever felt that no one understands you?  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Have you ever felt that no one understands you?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 12:19:05 PM »
Well, I don't think that everyone can relate to this. I've met my share of people who seem to be always satisfied with their lives and never feel lonely or "misplaced".

Being misunderstood doesn't automatically equate to being despondent about it. A lot of my friends over the years have thought they've figured me out, making sometimes rather cruel assessments and giving me no air to speak the truth, sticking instead to their own analyses. Thinking they know how my mind works, why I like or dislike certain things. For a while I got a little bummed about it because I don't have many people I can really relate to—most of my closest friends at the moment have very little in common with me—but I'm at a point where it just doesn't bother me very much. I'm not moping about it, at any rate.

If anyone seriously claims to never feel like nobody understands them, they're either too proud of themselves to admit it, or are too vapid-minded to ever come to a point in life where it's ever an issue. That's what I think, anyway.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 12:50:26 PM »
Just did read the opener message. sry folks.

And yeah, that sounds like its me...never say a such bad thing about someone...always be happy and have a smiley in ur face..But if u say one time what u think...all are shocked like u say...hilarious...
More than a year ago, there happend not a funny thing in my life,  not funny at all for me. Since that, im just unhappy, every single day...
everyone except my mother doesnt know how i feel. My best friend thinks its all fine with me and im over that...but im not...
and we live together lol...still awsome...
I feel with you...
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 12:29:42 AM »
Funny how much this quote relates to what you said.
"If an alien comes to live among you, you shall not oppress him, rather you shall love the alien as you love yourself."

Haha, I guess it does, though I didn't think of that when I wrote it (been a while since I changed my sig xD). But like I said, maybe Im just lucky ^^

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 12:33:52 AM »
Haha, I guess it does, though I didn't think of that when I wrote it (been a while since I changed my sig xD). But like I said, maybe Im just lucky ^^
It just caught my eye and I had to point it out. ^.^

Being misunderstood doesn't automatically equate to being despondent about it. A lot of my friends over the years have thought they've figured me out, making sometimes rather cruel assessments and giving me no air to speak the truth, sticking instead to their own analyses. Thinking they know how my mind works, why I like or dislike certain things. For a while I got a little bummed about it because I don't have many people I can really relate to—most of my closest friends at the moment have very little in common with me—but I'm at a point where it just doesn't bother me very much. I'm not moping about it, at any rate.

If anyone seriously claims to never feel like nobody understands them, they're either too proud of themselves to admit it, or are too vapid-minded to ever come to a point in life where it's ever an issue. That's what I think, anyway.
Well, let's face it. Everyone feels at one point that no one understands them, and sometimes they feel it quite often. Sometimes they take it harder (lol dirty) than other people would. It's not an issue of pride or being "vapid-minded", whatever that means (I srsly don't know). Everybody wants to feel accepted or understood in life. Saying you don't, well, that's being too proud there.

Put simply, everyone feels this way. Everyone has every right to mope about it if they want to. I know I do a lot. Plus, it makes them feel better putting it out there and having someone connect to them about it.
Just did read the opener message. sry folks.

And yeah, that sounds like its me...never say a such bad thing about someone...always be happy and have a smiley in ur face..But if u say one time what u think...all are shocked like u say...hilarious...
More than a year ago, there happend not a funny thing in my life,  not funny at all for me. Since that, im just unhappy, every single day...
everyone except my mother doesnt know how i feel. My best friend thinks its all fine with me and im over that...but im not...
and we live together lol...still awsome...
I feel with you...
I feel for you, man. I'd go on a story about losing someone in my family, but honestly I was too young to take it all in and I don't quite remember everything that happened. Mostly bits and pieces. I know I was really sad to the point I wouldn't even leave my room for like, a week (except to use the bathroom and shower).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:35:46 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 01:05:54 PM »
I feel for you, man. I'd go on a story about losing someone in my family, but honestly I was too young to take it all in and I don't quite remember everything that happened. Mostly bits and pieces. I know I was really sad to the point I wouldn't even leave my room for like, a week (except to use the bathroom and shower).

Things like that just suck :/ But you are still not over it. Doesnt matter if you can remember every single detail or just a few pics...But the feelings at that time were there...I can remember things when i was 3 years old...not good things tho. lol
Life sucks if u lose something that was maybe everything for you... :/
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »
Things like that just suck :/ But you are still not over it. Doesnt matter if you can remember every single detail or just a few pics...But the feelings at that time were there...I can remember things when i was 3 years old...not good things tho. lol
Life sucks if u lose something that was maybe everything for you... :/

Yup. And sometimes, people just don't get that maybe you're still hurting. They don't quite understand that, unless they've gone through it before. I still kinda hurt from it, even though it was a long time ago and I hardly remember what happened.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 01:23:59 AM »
Have you ever felt that no one understands you?

I think this happens to the best of us. There will be moments in our lives that we will feel lonely. Isolated, even.
I actually experienced this not too long ago. For the longest time, I've been associating myself with people who will talk to me for a while and then when they are done with me, they will ignore me, even though I am always sitting with them. Now that I think about it, the same thing happened to me a few years back, too. I know it's painful when you hang out with a group of people, trusting they would have the same interests as you or understand you, and at the end, they end up betraying that trust. That might mean that you haven't found the right people to be friends with. Even now, I am searching for that right group of people.

^ By the right people, I mean, people who you could forge a bond with, that you could depend on them, and you would not have to voice your thoughts to, and they understand and most importantly, they care. These people would spend time to get to know you for who you are and not for what they think you are.

As to how I cope with it; I have a category for people [I know it's not the best way, but it works.], for people who I just met, and probably won't ever see again or only see once in a while, I will categorize them as acquaintances. Sure, you might have a good time chatting with them, but will they spend time trying to get to know you better? Second, for people who open up to me, telling me their life plans and sharing their secrets with me, then and only then will I categorize them as friends. They are giving you their trust and probably are fine to talk to you about anything. If they don't understand certain things, do educate them. And if they brush off the things you tell them, it's a sign they didn't care as much as they should and you should put them into the "acquaintances" category. As I mentioned before, real friends will spend time learning about you, and they will not treat you like a chat buddy.

Tags:

anything