Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 216941 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2013, 10:24:26 AM »
Konami loves using statues. Moai statues anyone?
There is actually a practical reason why there is so many statues in this stage. If you know Castlevania, you probably could figure out who the boss is for this stage...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #211 on: April 09, 2013, 07:07:20 AM »
Medusa
or
Golem.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2013, 09:20:58 AM »
Medusa
or
Golem.
Think about the stage....and of course the boss has a twist!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2013, 02:13:34 PM »
Hydra or some of his variants? Cool!
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2013, 07:54:42 PM »
Cairo, Eygpt 1-2

Just started on the Cairo maps. There fun to do...lol
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:45:50 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2013, 08:07:44 PM »
You mean Cairo right? :P

It seems amazing, look at all those spikes and shiny things, also 2 new enemies.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #216 on: April 11, 2013, 06:59:14 AM »
I have been reading this topic and following it since it resurrected itself a few days ago, this "Vamprotector" project has piqued my interest. I find the overall work on this fangame to be impressive, even if some of the player animations need a little more polish (I'm looking at you, Contra styled jump animation that needs a few more frames to be not jarring). Anyways I hope this fangame gets completed simply because the ideas within are cool in their own right.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:02:02 AM by FireSeraphim »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: April 11, 2013, 02:29:56 PM »
You mean Cairo right? :P

It seems amazing, look at all those spikes and shiny things, also 2 new enemies.
Thanks, just started on it. The winged items you see are the whip latch for whip swinging. As for new enemies, there are plenty more where those come from...also there were 3 new enemies in that shot. Guess you didn't noticed the sphinx head that is similar to the skeleton dragons that shoot flames..
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:16:33 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: April 11, 2013, 02:44:48 PM »
I have been reading this topic and following it since it resurrected itself a few days ago, this "Vamprotector" project has piqued my interest. I find the overall work on this fangame to be impressive, even if some of the player animations need a little more polish (I'm looking at you, Contra styled jump animation that needs a few more frames to be not jarring). Anyways I hope this fangame gets completed simply because the ideas within are cool in their own right.
Well the project never died to be resurrected. I was just kinda underground with school and doing little odds and ends here and there, not so much post. Which jumping animation are you specifically speaking of that has jarring in it? I don't know if you noticed but the only Contra jumping is the somersault. However, it is pressure sensitive. If you tap it you get the standard Castlevania hop if you double tap then he'll somersault Contra style. There is also a new animation when the character flips off of wall Ninja Gaiden style. So there is a bit of different styles of jumping combined into one. What you might of noticed about the"jarring" is that I don't have the gravity set yet for the character. Still trying to nail that nice jump height for the game that feels natural..You don't have to worry about the project getting finished. It's my baby. It is the most indepth project I have the done for MMF2. I haven't even started on the Whip/Item/Gun combo system yet.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:51:59 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2013, 07:26:45 PM »

Alien's Lair 1-1
More maps getting done. Nice to have time to play a little bit with the project. I was thinking of making this one kinda like the other ones I did with multiple paths and such, but since it is towards the end of the game I decided to make it more straight forward but littered with many secrets in the level. Maybe in Area 1-2 I will make it more akin to SOTN, but eventually lead to the final bosses. What do you guys think? Remember these are the base maps, the final in game product will be stacked with all sorts of stuff. As for the Helsing portion of the game their will be 6 stages with 3 portions of the stage. The final portion being the main boss fight.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »
Question since my memory's fuzzy and can't be trusted: Once the game's finished and up, will you be providing a soundtrack download as well?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2013, 09:14:46 PM »
Question since my memory's fuzzy and can't be trusted: Once the game's finished and up, will you be providing a soundtrack download as well?
There will be a OST. We are debating as to make it free to download or to charge for people who want the complete package, or both. It would be really up to Warmachine because it's the music he created. Guess we'll see!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »
or to charge for people who want the complete package
Yyyyeeeaaahhh...there might be some legal repercussions should you choose to do that. :-X
Unless you're in Japan, in which doujin albums are legal.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2013, 07:02:52 AM »
+1
Yyyyeeeaaahhh...there might be some legal repercussions should you choose to do that. :-X
Unless you're in Japan, in which doujin albums are legal.
I doubt it. The songs while similar, have been changed enough with Contra x Castlevania music to not be exact copies. They are being totally rewritten and reperformed. Also, Warmachine throws his "added touch" in all the tracks as well. I've seen many a tribute album (one that comes to mind is Contra Rocked and Loaded)that are even exact covers that go relatively unscathed...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:05:51 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2013, 09:06:19 AM »
Huh, suit yourself I suppose, though you still should avoid bundling it with the game itself.
I really need to get a paypal account soon... >.>
^^