Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 18 ads later...  (Read 5581 times)

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
18 ads later...
« on: October 11, 2007, 12:59:07 AM »
I had to click through 18 fucking ads just to post this topic. All I did was go to the Off Topic forum and click 'New Topic'. And I had to see 18 ads total in between. WOW. Anybody else having this problem?

LBPHeretic

Re: 18 ads later...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 06:22:03 AM »
In Reply To #1

I've heard the AdBlock software that lets you block certain webpage ads works quite well. Give it a try. :D

Also, eighteen ads sounds like a bit of an exaggeration. I think it's more like one ad for every four to six page refreshes. ;)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 06:23:14 AM »
In Reply To #1

It does get pretty annoying. Especialy when looking in the games section and hitting the back button.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

LBPHeretic

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 06:26:35 AM »
In Reply To #3

The ads that annoy me the most are the ones that appear when I'm merely editing my profile. I mean, come on, I'm traversing a webpage that no one else even visits. :)

Anyway, try out that software I mentioned. It seems to do the job quite well. :D

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 09:45:54 AM »
In Reply To #4

yeah it works EXCEEDINGLY well. Since we had that topic about it on the old forum I set my adblock and I havent seen an ad at all since thats old new forum aka ugly purple beast and new old forum aka here.

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 04:25:09 PM »
In Reply To #1

I've heard the AdBlock software that lets you block certain webpage ads works quite well. Give it a try. :D

Also, eighteen ads sounds like a bit of an exaggeration. I think it's more like one ad for every four to six page refreshes. ;)

I counted. It was 18. Seriously. And so far today, I've seen zero. It doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally I'll get an ad, click to continue, and get another ad. Or two. Or 18. Yesterday was the worst yet. I will look into that ad block software, because that was damn annoying.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 05:29:55 PM »
In Reply To #6

Step 1: Use Firefox
Step 2: Download adblock
Step 3: Adblock that "continue to..." page.
Relax & enjoy the forum.

Here's how to do it in more detail.

Firefox + Adblock to the rescue:
You'll need Firefox and its wonderful Adblock plugin.
Open up the Adblock blacklist and add:

http://wrapper.gamespy.com

Then save/close.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 07:46:35 PM »
In Reply To #7

Rock on. I'm on the Wii right now, but it shall be done next time I'm on the laptop.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 09:10:57 AM »
Or if you use better browser like Opera it's in tools>preferrences>content>blocked content by default. There click Add, put the same address then hit ok.

If you use IE or some unknown one though, sorry, you're out of luck. Get opera or lolifox.

Offline [GSI]lufiaguy

• Hosting Team
  • Hunter in Training
  • Hosting Team
    • Planet The Sims
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 09:54:53 AM »
In Reply To #6

I'm not sure why on earth there were 18 full-page ads in a row, but if this happens again, please contact me and I'll file a bug report to the ad department.
--
Chris Poskitt
Hosting Team
IGN Entertainment, Inc.

Tags: