Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Undead Parasite's boss room  (Read 11238 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: March 24, 2014, 09:15:58 AM »
Is there any canon explanation as to why the House of Sacred Remains just happens to have an entire room made of living tissue? Or was it a normal room that the Parasite turned into the Red Falcon-esque thing we know it as?

Just something that's always irked me.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:21:31 AM »
Normally when I think about anything like this I just handwave it away because "This castle is a creature of chaos, it may take many incarnations" and such. But the castle from Lament of Innocence isn't the one that Dracula takes up residence in right?

So who knows?

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 09:33:40 AM »
Same reason there is a portal to god knows what in Legion Corpse's room - Rule of Cool.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 09:35:46 AM »
It's a portal to the Nether. Obviously.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 09:49:06 AM »
The boss itself might be just a classic homage to games like Contra and Gradius. I only know that I beat the "Living" s**t out of it  ;D

But the castle from Lament of Innocence isn't the one that Dracula takes up residence in right?

Pretty much so since LoI doesn't take place in Romania either.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline ganonfloyd

• Hunter in Training
  • Listen without distraction.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:59:21 AM »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »
+1
Once you beat the parasite the room goes back to being a normal room iirc
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 01:24:19 PM »
+1
(click to show/hide)

there is also that part in curse of darkness the pathway 2 legion (wich is completely optional so i can see how some of yuo have may have overlooked it). as yuo recall it starts as a typical basement of the church or chapel or whatever that building was, and as you descend deeper it gradually starts to become moar organic, almost as if you're entering the belly of a monster through its intestines. explain that?

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 01:44:57 PM »
It's a Castlevania game. I tend not to question where it's monsters came from.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 04:43:43 PM »
+1
(click to show/hide)

there is also that part in curse of darkness the pathway 2 legion (wich is completely optional so i can see how some of yuo have may have overlooked it). as yuo recall it starts as a typical basement of the church or chapel or whatever that building was, and as you descend deeper it gradually starts to become moar organic, almost as if you're entering the belly of a monster through its intestines. explain that?
Yeah, the more you go down into the crypt, the more you see meat growing on the walls and corpses, until it becomes a full, throbbing tube. Where you fight Legion, I always considered it a sort've womb(Legion is the egg and Nucleas is the embryo/fetus within). You even fight odd embryo monsters on your way down to the boss room.

Personally, I always loved the whole "organic" area of the Undead Parasite and Garibaldi Temple basement crypt. I always wanted a new CV with an entire area similar to that. It reminds me of that part of the Necronomicon movie with the Mi-Go and the cavern where the walls throb like they are living flesh:

http://youtu.be/MiiJnhqqCxI?t=1h16m13s

Regarding the Undead Parasite, the description states this:

"Undead infested by parasites from working on constructing the filthy Great Shrine."

Taking from that, I guess the parasites infest dead flesh and assimilate it into a larger living(or unliving) organism. And it seems like this happened as a result of the building of the House of the Sacred Remains, which was built with unholy intentions.

What I think is that the Undead Parasite is "otherworldly" and came into this world during a ritual summoning or such(perhaps hitching a ride on a demon). In Hell, or the Abyss, perhaps this sort of parasite isn't a threat to otherworldly creatures(demons, spirits), but upon entering our realm, it finds the flesh of the dead and infests it, assimilates it and seeks out more. That's just my take on it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:00:55 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 05:50:58 PM »
Taking from that, I guess the parasites infest dead flesh and assimilate it into a larger living(or unliving) organism.

Ironically enough this exact scenario happens in Contra 4; more specifically the Black Viper harvest yard area.

Contra 4 Hard (No Deaths, Power Ups) Boss 09 Black Viper
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 02:18:35 PM »
So, Slayer, your theory is basically John Carpenter's Thing, only with dead flesh rather than any flesh?

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 04:03:24 PM »
So, Slayer, your theory is basically John Carpenter's Thing, only with dead flesh rather than any flesh?
Theory, yes. And it's a odd one at that. Who knows, the Undead Parasite(or parasites) could be common in the Abyss(note, when you travel to the Abyss in DoS, there are a lot of areas that are full meaty, like your are within a living organism). Different realms, different rules. It might be the equivalent of War of the Worlds, where the Martians are uber powerful, and nearly wipe us out, but are weak against our diseases(yet to us, a common cold isn't that deadly). Kryptonite harms Superman, but it isn't as deadly to other people. I think, where ever these Undead Parasites originate from, perhaps they aren't as harmful to, say, demons. They are probably like fleas or Athlete's Foot. But, crossing over, coming in contact with the flesh of dead human bodies, the parasites go out of control, gorge themselves and assimilate the flesh, mutating into more complex and grotesque forms.

I really DO love the idea of the Undead Parasite. Something otherworldly(origins in the supernatural), but also somewhat sci-fi. Reminds me of that whole scene in Poltergeist when that portal to the netherworld tries to "devour" the kids in their room, literally becoming a giant meaty gullet, trying to suck them in:

It's an interesting way to look at the supernatural. Even, in that movie, when they(spoiler to those who haven't seen it)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 04:14:36 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Tags: