Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin custom Richter hack (V1.2a)  (Read 65806 times)

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
Re: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin custom Richter hack (V1.2a)
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2016, 12:16:07 AM »
Have you guys ever considered collaberating to make a hack with Richter and Maria sprites based off their Bloodletting appearence? That would be the ultimate hack.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2016, 04:25:59 PM »
Have you guys ever considered collaberating to make a hack with Richter and Maria sprites based off their Bloodletting appearence? That would be the ultimate hack.

MooMilk, you can't keep necroposting. Reviving old threads, especially threads as old as this one, is strictly against the forum rules. Any more and I fear the moderators will take action.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2016, 06:39:26 PM »
I think it should be allowed in the fan submission forum. People that put hours into fan art or sprites or hacks love feedback. I've worked on hacks and I wouldn't care how long it took someone to review a hack of mine at romhacking.net. I'd still welcome it.

The rules thread don't forbid it, it's reviewed on a case by case basis. If they really didn't want it happening ever, I know some forums allow you to autolock threads after a certain amount of time. It can make a forum look dead tho. Lots of forums in gamefaqs with nothing but locked threads.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:42:26 PM by MooMilk »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2016, 06:44:58 PM »
I think it should be allowed in the fan submission forum. People that put hours into fan art or sprites or hacks love feedback. I've worked on hacks and I wouldn't care how long it took someone to review a hack of mine at romhacking.net. I'd still welcome it.

Its allowed when the author himself does it to add a important update to whatever the thread is about, but as far as asking questions or making suggestions for the hack you are not allowed to do that with a old thread man, you can easily send a pm to the author saying what you just said within the thread without the necrobump, just letting you know for your own good man so you do not have a run in with the staff for going around and continuing to bump old threads just because you think it should be allowed.

But I'm sure the authors do appreciate the support, just abide by the rules mate. ;)

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2016, 03:26:36 AM »
This section of the forum is dead. Don't worry about it.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2016, 11:29:58 AM »
I'd hardly call this section of the forum dead. See attachment: that's the number of threads underneath this one that have been posted in within September (one of which is another necrobump).

Secondly, mate, come on. You don't gotta keep getting defensive about the thread necromancy. Thread necromancy, especially on a topic this old, is reserved if there's a major update for whatever the original topic is about. These aren't major updates for PV's hacks. Yes, you're posting about them being on romhacking.net, but again, that could warrant its own topic.

The original necrobump was hardly necessary, either. You brought back a thread that was dead for five years to say "Why is his name Hanz?" and in this case, one that was dead for four years just to say "You guys ever think of collaborating?"

None of that really requires you to bring back a long dead thread. "Why is his name Hanz" is a question that could be asked in the Classic Castlevania Threads sub-forum. "You guys ever think of collaborating" can warrant its own topic. You don't need to revive two looooooooong dead threads, especially since they're not even real updates on said hacks. Make a new topic or PM Pemburu Vampir.

Comments like this:

This section of the forum is dead. Don't worry about it.

don't help matters either, and comes off as condescending. Rather than defending the necrobump (or TWO necrobumps, rather), just make a new topic, mate. Again, no need to get so defensive about it.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2016, 03:14:56 PM »
Well, the staff don't seem to mind it. You might as well pm them every time you're mad.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2016, 10:15:16 PM »
Well, the staff don't seem to mind it. You might as well pm them every time you're mad.

Coming in here and being an asshole to the people who are trying to help you stay out of trouble isn't a good idea either. I don't think you want an admin involved.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2016, 11:40:26 PM »
I didn't go online yesterday and here is what I see... sheesh. *face palm*
We staff have real lives too you know. Please keep things civilized.

First of all, the original poster intended to kill this thread after it derailed.
Second, if the original poster doesn't want to add anything more to the thread, it would be dead. Keep it dead.
Third, we appreciate new forum posts with links to the old thread more than resurrecting old threads. But if you are so invested in giving comments to the original poster, feel free to PM them.
Most of all, don't be an ass, etc. Please refer to the rules thread: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,2199.0.html

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2016, 12:27:37 AM »
Well, he's backseat modding. I didn't hold any credence to it. Also, he didn't answer my question which is the reason I posted. I read through the thread after I revived it and see that he was thinking of different character hacks, it's a shame he stopped at 3 of them.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2016, 01:30:02 AM »
As a member of staff, we do not smile upon necro bumping old topics. But the rule to it stands as this:

4. Thread Necromancy:

This one is on a case-by-base basis.  An old topic that's fallen into the backpages that gets resurrected ('bumped')with a pointless reply is another case of Spam.

If the necromancy is warranted, then it is up to the mod(s) involved whether to leave it alone or to pursue it further.
Usually, moderation will lock the thread, or post our disdain for such a topic.  When responding to an old thread, if the forum kicks up a warning such as "This topic is more than X days old" that should give you a clue not to respond to it.  The proper action in this case is to make a new thread and reference that thread, or just start a new discussion.

This is from the rules thread in the main Castlevania part of the boards. And as such, this thread is 4 years old. Feel you have something to add, make a new topic about it, let this one remain in the depths of the backpages. I know some forums do allow necroposting (I frequent some of these places), but this place really isn't one of them. All necro'ed threads will be locked.

Also acting the ass to other posters will not win you any favors, keep that in mind.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 01:42:47 AM by Bloodreign »