Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of shadow 2 is on it's way  (Read 83390 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2012, 02:43:19 PM »
+3
I suppose there are people out there who are like that (for whatever reason) but the members here don't act like that at all. We have members who like all the different incarnations of the series that exist, the classic games, the 3d games, etc which proves they can accept change at least to some degree. So I see no reason to pull the "you just don't accept change" card here of all places.   

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2012, 02:51:16 PM »
+1
So I see no reason to pull the "you just don't accept change" card here of all places.   

I agree.

That argument in itself is weak at best.

I myself was easily able to accept change in the form of symphony which I have seen NUMEROUS LOS fans try to draw comparisons to regarding their similar situations (such as changing the series as we know it).

I'm a HUGE fan of the classics and SCIV was one of my most fav vanias of all time.

But once symphony came along I found myself easily able to get into it since I actually LIKED the changes it brought about.

That is the difference with LOS really, I just did not like the changes IT brought about.

Nothing wrong with that really, everyone has opinions and no ones opinion should be shot down because it is different than yours.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2012, 02:53:35 PM »
I suppose there are people out there who are like that (for whatever reason) but the members here don't act like that at all. We have members who like all the different incarnations of the series that exist, the classic games, the 3d games, etc which proves they can accept change at least to some degree. So I see no reason to pull the "you just don't accept change" card here of all places.   

True. I can understand it more now. Hell in the end I just like a good game and this series provides it in three different ways  even if I prefer the classic more, but when I am tried of that I have two more styles to play with.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:33:28 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2012, 03:21:12 PM »
i wonder(hope?) LoS2 will have RPG elements o.o;

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2012, 06:26:45 PM »
May 17, 2012, 06:26:45 PM - Hidden.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2012, 07:07:30 PM »
Well, you learn something new everyday.
Then its strange that POR ended up so...mediocre.
Say something bad about SOTN and you will be ripped apart by its fans.
Say something bad about LOS...its OK, no people should be offended because something that they like is insulted.
Double standarts anyone?
Which is basically means that they don't like how different it is from previous games. 
Just worded in a roundabout fashion. ;)

I am all for acceptance of different opinions and all that jazz. And that is exactly why I am being slightly pissed of, when some people continously say bad things about LOS, when its not that neccesary or even relevant. Its like as if I bashed HOD in each my post, no matter what we were talking about. Maybe I should do that?

Both are good,but I like Los more than Sotn(I want to get the saturn version soon) so is that really so bad? Should I get burned to the stake for it? Nah but hey people will be people. Second do not go down to that level what is the point in doing that.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2012, 07:21:54 PM »
+1
I hope my saying that I think a new IGA-Vania would be boring doesn't make people think I don't like the games IGA has done. My comment a few pages back seems to have redirected the conversation. I mentioned OoE because it is a neat mix up of the tried and true formula that they'd been using for years to make new Castlevanias. I thoroughly enjoyed all the metroidvanias, even PoR, which I consider my least-favorite of those. I just like to see more creativity in my games. That's what impressed me. That's why AoS blew my mind when I first played it, and SotN was so cool. I just think that the formula was kind of running out of steam. I don't know how much more could have been done with it. I'm not saying one developer is better than another at all.

Anyway, I'll shut up before I make another wall-o-text. I just want to make things clear before too many people get the wrong idea.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2012, 07:26:05 PM »
I hope my saying that I think a new IGA-Vania would be boring doesn't make people think I don't like the games IGA has done. My comment a few pages back seems to have redirected the conversation. I mentioned OoE because it is a neat mix up of the tried and true formula that they'd been using for years to make new Castlevanias. I thoroughly enjoyed all the metroidvanias, even PoR, which I consider my least-favorite of those. I just like to see more creativity in my games. That's what impressed me. That's why AoS blew my mind when I first played it, and SotN was so cool. I just think that the formula was kind of running out of steam. I don't know how much more could have been done with it. I'm not saying one developer is better than another at all.

Anyway, I'll shut up before I make another wall-o-text. I just want to make things clear before too many people get the wrong idea.

Oh come on make an other wall of text what is the worst that can happen  ;) , and yes too much of one thing can get tiresome.

Anyways I love this review of Los from CGR

Classic Game Room - CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW review
(click to show/hide)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »
+1
good question.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2012, 08:15:29 PM »
+4
Man, just rewatching this again.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Hideo Kojima Special Trailer

Konami is a master troll.

I'm going to trust nothing that Konami puts out next time for marketing the sequel.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:46:29 PM by OSM »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2012, 08:48:53 PM »
+1

Well, LoS had the buying combo moves, so maybe. I think the LoS world would lend itself wonderfully to a non-linear game at least, especially if it had day and night cycles or... pretty much any given elements from Simon's Quest.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »
+1

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2012, 01:08:16 AM »
+6
Which is basically means that they don't like how different it is from previous games. 
Just worded in a roundabout fashion. ;)

:)

The argument that was made was that fans don't like change whatever it might be (which puts them in a bad light) while I made a point saying they only don't like this perticular change. This applies to most members here who have already proven they are adaptable to change.         

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2012, 01:26:29 AM »
+6
Its like as if I bashed HOD in each my post, no matter what we were talking about. Maybe I should do that?

Then you would have two themes to follow in your posts. Sounds like a lot of work if you ask me.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2012, 11:40:40 AM »
Then you would have two themes to follow in your posts. Sounds like a lot of work if you ask me.
There is not much trouble in adding into my every post "HOD sucks!!".
I perfectly capable of multitasking. Talks with rabid fanboys has taught me to it.  ;)

The argument that was made was that fans don't like change whatever it might be (which puts them in a bad light) while I made a point saying they only don't like this perticular change.

The same thing. Aside from LOS what exactly big changes happened to the series in the past?
We have essentially two big fractions and several odd curiostites, that doesn't amount to anything in the long run (CV64 / LOD, LOI, COD), since they've never become a template that series used in the long run. And, I believe, people knew that they will not become a new standard for the Castlevania, so that's why there is not so much fight about those games.
I think, big part of the LOS hatred comes from the people who genuinly afraid that LOS in the future will become a new Castlevania standard. At least in the old times, you could have been sure that there will be 2D outings, so fans "allowed" Konami to experiment with the series. As of now there is very little to such possibility, and that is why there is so much rage sometimes.

I partially could understand where these people come from, but sometimes said rage comes more as a butthurt (Konami made it different and haven't asked us!!), rather then something  weighted and clever.

P.S.
I totally love how some "intelligent creatures" use rating system.
Seems minuses is all they capable to say. Gives a nice insight of how smart they are.  :'(
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:45:37 AM by Sumac »