Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I do art... and now chiptunes too????  (Read 21143 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2021, 11:50:05 AM »
P.S. That Richter portrait is duds  8)  Although personally I'd have swapped out his leather whip with the morning star one. But that's just the artist's personal preference in me  :)

I prefer the morningstar whip as well, but.... leather whip easy to draw.

Hah! My space is a mess of boxes, books, papers, collectables/toys, craft stuff,  etc. >_< And I don't even remember what went in the boxes. I'm in the process of cleaning them but I got too tired so I'm taking a break. At least I got the 800 books for donation sorted out. :)

I can't wait to see your landscape paintings.

I LOVE THAT RICHTER!!!

Sorting through that many books sounds like a nightmare.

Thank you both for the kind words on the Richter art <3 <3
I unfortunately don't have a finished landscape painting to show at the moment , but I still have new art.

more vox pixelart

self portrait

samus sprite remake

my first totally original complete tileset

this tileset i think is one of my best works yet
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2021, 10:06:56 AM »
+1
Ooooo, we have some pixel goodies! You should do a complete re-draw of Super Metroid's Samus' spritesheet.

That image of the woman looks like she's being molded like clay by some monster.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2021, 01:01:58 AM »
+2
Hooray for more pixel art!
I love the tile set. I laughed at the T-rex skull and ammonite.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2022, 09:38:55 AM »
greetings to my most loyal and treasured fanbase <33333

i've only got sketches to show but i wanted to post a lil update since i haven't since octobre

"i am a motherfucker"
(full resolution)

tha gf
(full resolution)

my self
(full resolution)

these last two are spoilered because one is NSFW and the other is a work-in-progress painting. they're gods for the universe my character Vox resides in.
(click to show/hide)
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2022, 09:20:17 AM »
The second and third images look like you're experimenting with realism. And your Goddess of love image appears to be a hermaphrodite with extra arms, if I'm not mistaken. Keep up the good art  ;)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2022, 09:19:06 PM »
You're getting better at realistic drawings! it's awesome!
I liked the hidden images.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2022, 02:14:18 PM »
New post time!

It's been like half a year? :O My life has changed a lot since then and I haven't exactly had the time for much art, but I really feel like the little art I have done is really starting to define and refine my artstyle. I've also slightly rebranded my image. I worked a job where I used the name Bloo as an alias (I picked it because it was an easy choice) and it made me get real sick of the name. I'm Blood Monkey now. hehe.

Be warned, large images and tiny words attached to them up ahead.

First up, a small series of images depicting a part of the story of VOX;

THE MAW burst open in 2001, rending the surface of the south pole and shaking the world with it.

Long thought to be a myth, THE MAW is said to be the home of a demon older than the world.
It took expedition teams 25 years to reach the innermost layer of the speleothem forest. This is what they saw.

Next, some watercolor and ink art of a couple of the characters.

full size image;
(click to show/hide)

full size image;
(click to show/hide)

And most recently, I've started my Simon Belmont sprite sheet from scratch, again. While I've wanted to just get it over with and done for quite some time now, it's been too long since the last animations were made for it and I can see too many flaws now. I took too many shortcuts and the animation was sloppy as hell. No more fucking around. I'm redrawing every frame even if it's a slight arm movement! Mostly getting good results by tracing over Richter's animation set and adjusting for size / proportion. Might work on original moves once the full set is done, might not. The whole plan is to do a couple of complete tilesets / backgrounds and have a massive portfolio project to show for it.

Last but absolutely not least, I have a rather lewd drawing I made of my fiance. It's not directly explicit (I've seen more explicit art of the succubus posted here without problem) but it's still a lot, so be warned.
LEWD CONTENT WARNING
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2022, 06:25:56 PM »
You've been busy  :o

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
Re: I do art... and now chiptunes too????
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2023, 09:42:52 AM »
back at it again with the incredibly slow art updates!

In chronological order, I've got this demon guy i drew in ink

More NSFW art of my fiance, but a lot more tasteful this time around. This is my first time doing anything this photorealistic in pixel art.
NON-NSFW PREVIEW

FULL IMAGE IN SPOILERS (NSFW)
(click to show/hide)

Lastly for the art, I've got my first original character concept for quite some time. I'm hoping to make a short original game, like a 2 or 3 level boss-rush boomer shooter focused on this gal.

In other news, I'm learning how to chiptune! I started off with a few songs from Sonic 1, since they're pretty simple loops underneath a minute long. Restricting myself to the original NES sound chip for now, you know what they say about limitations and creativity. Also don't wanna overwhelm myself yet lol.

EDIT; would appear that the embed function of the site is yet again broked. damn.

GREEN HILL ZONE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9RxbRYCvU8
MARBLE ZONE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTaU4pTnAEA
STARLIGHT ZONE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOcshXx9MU
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 10:21:16 AM by BLOOD MONKEY »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2023, 04:37:05 PM »
Nice chiptunes! But Marble Zone and Starlight Zone titles are in the wrong place here, lol.

Your photo-realistic pixel art is also impressive!

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2023, 05:47:20 PM »
two more chippy tunes!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 10:27:20 AM by BLOOD MONKEY »

Tags:

anything