Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Klassic Kombat  (Read 6156 times)

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: May 18, 2015, 09:17:43 PM »
Now I know everyone is freaking out about MK X right now but I decided to go back to the "klassics" and play the orginal trilogy. Today I beat the first two (first time beating 2 and holy crap was it RAGEFUL) so I decided "hey I'll give 3 a spin. Oh my god. That game in my opinion is poop compared to 2. The ai is unmercifully even on very easy and novice ladder! I can't even get past the 2nd opponent! Now I can definitely see why 2 is a fan favorite. The atmosphere was awesome the gameplay while cheap is still fun as crap while the first is great but dated and the 3rd WAY too hard. Any tips on how to beat 3 and also what's your favorite MK title?
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 11:33:58 PM »
No tips from me, sorry. I used a Game Genie to own that monstrosity of an A.I.  >:(
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 11:49:57 PM »
My fav klassic title is 2, majority of people here prefer Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 but in my opinion MK2 was more funny and easy to newcomers. The stages, outfits, hud, sounds are so cool. I feel like they tried to make MK more "serious" with MK3 and maybe thats why it lost a bit of its charm.

I know that its not a klassic, but a honorable mention to MK Mythologies Sub-Zero. If you think that 3 is hard, this game will be hell, even more if you beat it on medium only to receive a message saying that you need to play in a higher difficulty to continue.

My tip in UMK3 is to spam Noob Saibot fog and beat people while they can't hurt you with his combo (low kick, low kick, low kick, low kick) or master Sheeva combo in MK3, also you can use Nightwolf "forward, forward and some attack (I don't remember the button" to shoulder ram people to their death.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:52:22 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 01:45:20 AM »
That's the thing is I beat the first two as liu kang and I'm trying to beat them just using him because I wanna follow the storyline as it is ya know? But when I use him I get my butt BEAT DOWN. I mean not even able to get past the 2nd opponent on very easy. That's bad. Is umk3 a less cheap version?

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 07:00:46 AM »
Use Liu Kang. ;) He is fast, has lots of moves, and he is small. (Almost the opposite of Goro)
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 06:32:04 PM »
Is umk3 a less cheap version?

As far as I know, no. They only added more characters while removing some others and adding more stages. This can sound dumb, but you know that in MK3 you have a new "run" button and also combos right?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 09:52:25 PM »
I've played Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 as well. The playstation version was better then the SNES port due to the increased pixelation ratio. As far as I know the roster of characters was the same as the standard MK3, however they added other characters that were-until recently-unplayable. Like Goro and Kintaro for a good example as any. Even Shang Sung's old man variation from MK1 as well. There were also other backdrops that were added in too, but as far as I know of no kontent was removed from UMK3. It had everything it's predecessor had and more. Goro was a lot of fun to play as. His moves were easy to pull off and you could literally own the opposition. No joke.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 03:54:46 AM »
I've played Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 as well. The playstation version was better then the SNES port due to the increased pixelation ratio. As far as I know the roster of characters was the same as the standard MK3, however they added other characters that were-until recently-unplayable. Like Goro and Kintaro for a good example as any. Even Shang Sung's old man variation from MK1 as well. There were also other backdrops that were added in too, but as far as I know of no kontent was removed from UMK3. It had everything it's predecessor had and more. Goro was a lot of fun to play as. His moves were easy to pull off and you could literally own the opposition. No joke.

You are talking about MK Trilogy that while is similar to UMK3, is pretty different in its own (also my favorite edition, because of all of these things that you said). It come with some new bugs and funny things (like a Brutality creating a LOT of bones) and they recorded new green screen footage for Jonhy Cage, since its a new actor in this game.

Some competitive players say bad things about this game, like it being unbalanced or a total mess (maybe because of these new special moves and combos added only in this version?) but I've never noticed something like that apart from a lot of bones and really like this game (Shang Tsung finally can become almost anyone in the series too!) lol

Also they've added a new secret Ninja in Trilogy, called Chameleon and you can actually choose him with a secret input.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 04:03:00 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 09:56:23 AM »
Was it MKTrilogy? God, it's been too long since then.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 03:02:46 PM »
Liu kang, bicycle kick from the beginning,  flying kick after, and if both blocked, jump back, low fireball. Works every time lmao good times man, good times  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 02:30:51 AM »
I'm glad to see some fellow "kombatants" here. I love to hear these awesome stories about when these games came out. It really brings out some nostalgia. Geeze guys I remember seeing the MK movie when it came out. Still have my copy on vhs. Surprised it still works to be honest. I remember going to my cousins house and playing mk2 rarely and just loving it. I have the 1st with box and inserts and such. The character rosters are all comic book style which is great. XD MK might be cheesy all get out but man does it rock. I have to agree that MK 3 is not all that great. The urban backgrounds are good and interesting but not MK in my opinion. Reminds me of something you'd see in street fighter and the whole run option seemed to be a good idea at the time but those combos are just painful to memorize. I just wanna sit down and beat some major evil butt not read and memorize a script of combos. I mean yes combos are very important don't get me wrong. I used to memorize the ones from MK 9 but COME ON... And the difficulty of this game.... MY. GOD. You're either a god at games or ya got game genie. It's ridiculous. I still need to check out MK 10.

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 01:25:56 AM »
Just tried doing that one strategy with bicycle kicks and fireballs but they block then uppercut and fireballs are blocked and they just run in and combo me to death. I've beaten castlevania for nes a million times and yet MK 3 is the hardest game I've played. I've had more luck with ninja gaiden! This game just sucks.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 02:01:51 AM »
You can't play a fighting game like a platformer, it simply won't work. In fighting games they have better AI (to tell the truth, sometimes they cheat and tries to predict what button you will press) and so you need to trick it. Like in a real fight you need to find flaws in your enemy's defense, even if MK they have almost none xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2015, 03:10:14 PM »
Just tried doing that one strategy with bicycle kicks and fireballs but they block then uppercut and fireballs are blocked and they just run in and combo me to death. I've beaten castlevania for nes a million times and yet MK 3 is the hardest game I've played. I've had more luck with ninja gaiden! This game just sucks.
you can always try out subzero or scorpion; sub zero has the freeze, ground freeze and slide where scorpion has the spear and teleport punch. Just be careful with the teleport punch because if its blocked you gonna get hit with an uppercut every time lol. Sektors teleport uppercut is really handy also.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 08:40:23 PM »
Here's the thing about Klassic MKs' AI: They're pretty infamous for being cheap as hell.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 08:42:06 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags: