Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Devil Castle's Dracula: Tears of Blood Manga  (Read 6814 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Devil Castle's Dracula: Tears of Blood Manga
« on: September 03, 2015, 12:16:01 AM »
In this video we can see what seems to be a chapter intro's cover:

And in the description the user said that its from a manga called "Devil Castle's Dracula: Tears of Blood Manga", but I've never heard of it until now, searching for this name and replacing Devil Castle with Akumajo didn't helped me too. Someone know something about this?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Devil Castle's Dracula: Tears of Blood Manga
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 12:58:41 AM »
Here is what I found on the matter:

http://www.suruga-ya.jp/product/detail/ZHORE37635

The name is, apparently, Chi no Namida - Akumajo Dracula X. It looks like it's a fanfiction of Rondo of Blood. I believe the proper translation would be "Bloody Tears - Demon Castle Dracula X" but Imma no japanese speaker, so maybe I'm wrong.

I also found another page that might contain more info, but I can't see it because as soon as I open it, it redirects me to somewhere else.

http://www.medianetjapan.com/10/entertainment/kabesso/books/books.html

EDIT: Welp found the whole thing:
http://www.castlevaniadungeon.net/artwork/chinonamida.html
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:07:53 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 01:43:05 AM »
Wow, right below our noses :-D
Some user can try to translate it? It seems more like a artbook from main moments from Rondo of Blood and Dracula X than a manga.

Also theplottwist, If you press ESC quickly at your second link, you can stop the redirecting, I've found these manga that I don't know nothing about too, but seems to be interesting, varying from CV3, CV64, SOTN and even CV Bloodlines.

(click to show/hide)

Someone know about this? Seems to be another artbook and the art seems to be beautiful, but its so tiny in these previews.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:49:19 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 10:25:07 AM »
At least the artist of Chi no Namida - Akumajo Dracula X wasn't lazy about the look of the vampirekiller whip. Points for that. Also, this almost looks like it was meant for the SNES Dracula X more then Rondo. looking at the way the characters are drawn kind of directs me to that conclusion, especially with Dracula's look.

And also points for adding in the infamous Simon Belmont pose!

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 03:44:46 AM »
Huh, I like the edgy imaginary. I would like to see a Castlevania game with a more darker tone like that, except not completely retarted and try-hard like the Lords of Shadow series.

Castlevania needs more edgy cruficiation imaginery because edgy 

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 10:29:16 AM »
Huh, I like the edgy imaginary. I would like to see a Castlevania game with a more darker tone like that, except not completely retarted and try-hard like the Lords of Shadow series.

Konami hears you and they've listened Nagumo!

Have you not seen the Erotic Violence trailer? ????

I can't wait to hear the new theme song, Bloody Boobs.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 11:15:31 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a Castlevania game with visuals based on the Dracula X SNES artwork, whether it's 2D sprites or 3D models.

Huh
With all the edge LoS has (so much it hurts ow the edge), I'm surprised MS hasn't thought of putting in crucification somewhere (unless they have and I've just forgotten; it's been a while ever since I've even touched the game).

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 04:07:54 PM »
That last page of Richter in Simon's iconic pose is really cool.

anything