Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How tall are you?  (Read 12574 times)

Offline DragonsAndCarpetBags

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: How tall are you?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 10:05:50 PM »
6'3'' and at 140 I'm a human pencil.

Better now?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:35:00 AM by DragonsAndCarpetBags »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 11:47:34 PM »
You're six feet and point-three inches?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 12:47:03 AM »
6'5" 230

Offline Dracgou

• Awards
Re: How tall are you?
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 04:10:14 AM »
I am 10 feet tall and shoot lighting from my eyes , and thunder from my arse ( a classic movie reference) , nah just kidding I am' 5'10"

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 11:04:48 AM »
5'7"

Napoleon was that tall btw.

Edit- Since people are talking about weight, I'm actually quite skinny, about 140 pounds or so.

Try being 115 Pounds at 5.8

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 11:07:03 AM »
Try being 93 Pounds at 5'7"

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 11:49:45 PM »
Fuck you Americans and your bloody weird measuring system!
Why the hell won't you use meters / kilograms / Celsius  like the rest of the world?
Damn, your system is so complicated!

Well, my height is 1.78 meters, which is 5.83 ft. or (dear God, how do you measure it that way?) 5' 10'' (which is 5 feet, 10 inches?)

So let's compare the metric system to the imperial one again...

Metric system:

1 kilometre ( km ) = 1000 metre , 1 metre = 100 cm , 1 cm = 10 mm

Quite simple isn't it?

Imperial system:
1 mile = 5280 feet , 1 foot (ft.) = 12 inches (in.)

WTF DUDE  >:(

P.S. I know the English created that system. Like everything English, it's too bloody complicated...
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 01:37:39 AM »
It's not complicated when you're familiar with distances and length in such measuring, heh. Metric system makes more sense mathematically, but not being familiar with the length of a centimeter, I have nooo damn clue how long a meter is, ha. The closest comparison I have is a yard, which is three feet and approximately one meter, though a little under a meter.

But man, it probably would make way more sense to go metric. I even get our own measurements confused sometimes. Like, there are 12 inches in a foot, but for weight there's 16 ounces in a pound. I sometimes forget and think there's actually 12 ounces per pound, ha ha. Only way I'm able to keep that detail fairly straight is I work in a bakery and am weighing things off every day, but it sometimes takes me a couple seconds to get my bearings straight. But the most retarded ass bullshit is when you get a set of ingredients that deal with cups and tablespoons and all that nonsense. Damn, just give me the real measurements, not this sissy household kitchen mom stuff! :p

I wonder if people from the rest of the world hear we Americans saying, "It's 60 degrees outside," and think, "Hoooooooly shit, it's fucking hot over there!"

And, a little factoid I just learned: -40 degrees is the same temperature in both Fahrenheit and Celsius, ooooh.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 01:56:05 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 07:01:32 AM »
I'd LOOOOOOOVE if the USA were to switch to Metric, but I don't think it ever will.  There would be way too many things to change (highways, scales, balances).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 01:17:10 PM »
Fuck you Americans and your bloody weird measuring system!

I'm no american, I'm a CANADIAN!!!  8)

In all honesty, I use a combonation of both the supirior Metric system and the outdated Imperial system.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 03:05:16 PM »

I'm no american, I'm a CANADIAN!!!  8)

Well, you may not be a USAnian, but you still are an American, as you live on the continent of America!

(A funny thing by the way, is how we Israelis constantly persuade ourselves that we are European. Even though Israel is located in Asia, most Israelis try to ignore that. That's why Israel participates in the Eurovision, and is included in the European leagues of Soccer and basketball.)
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 11:18:45 PM »
Well, you may not be a USAnian, but you still are an American, as you live on the continent of America!

That is true, but whenever the continent was named, the 'United States' did not yet exist.

A funny thing by the way, is how we Israelis constantly persuade ourselves that we are European.

That's probably more true then you might think. Concidering that Europeans, some North Americans, most Middle-Eastern peoples, etc. are all of the Caucasoid genus.

-X

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »

I am 176 cm and 60 kilos. Which would be 5'77" and 132lbs (Had to look that up. Can't wrap my head around the imperial...thingie.)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 10:12:35 PM »
Ah, I guess this is why I was asked how tall I was in the other thread...

Well, like I said, I'm around 5'7 or 5'8. I'm overweight, and not really stable at 170. I used to be a stable 165, but somehow I went up 5 lbs and it's move back and forth regardless of exercise or not. >.> So, now I just sit on my ass 24/7, since I don't change much anyway.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2010, 08:41:37 AM »
6'2", 225 lbs.  Most of that is beer gut.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 05:50:19 PM by PFG9000 »

Tags:

anything