Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Just an idea (Favorite Game in Profile - implemented!)  (Read 10917 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 05:57:10 AM »
Added a new version in case you wanna use a game's image instead of text.
However, I couldn't initialize an array to link one item to the other, so I just made two values:
So if you wanna show it as text, you can select a game from "Favorite Game"
If you wanna show it as a picture, you can select a game from "Fave Game".
You can do both but then it's kinda redundant.

When I figure out how to initialize an array, I'll set it up properly I guess.  Either that, or just remove one of the two.

There are options for placement:
-Profile (where it is now)
-With Icons (if it were a set of icons I'd put it there but it's one somewhat large image so no)
-Above Signature (which I'm gonna try in a while after I figure out how to put it on the right side of the screen haha).

Do you think it's too much?  Let me know.  Right now it's tastefully small at 144x80 per game icon.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:19:46 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Just an idea (Favorite Game in Profile - implemented!)
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 12:10:30 PM »
I think it works greats. I put DXC in text and LoI in the logo form and therefore solving my which one should I put problem. ;)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »
+3
Yeah, a by-product of my not being able to do a proper drop-down menu is that users have two methods of adding a favorite game.  Essentially, they can add two games (one in text and one in terms of graphics).

I'm sure I'll be seeing 'Fave Game' images more often once people catch wind of this.  I also put it in the NewsBox.  I took the time of creating every little game logo (including games which would raise an eyebrow, such as "Order of Shadows").  I really put effort into this, so I hope everyone enjoys. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 01:55:44 PM »
clever idea.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 05:34:47 PM »
Sweet idea Jorge! Now we can know for sure what our most favored game is in the entire series.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »
+1
You don't have to thank me.  You can thank GuyStarwind.  I just figured out how to do some of the legwork.
And hey, it's true that having that option will hopefully quell the need to have "What's your favorite Game" topics.

Too bad there are way too many options for "Best Tune" and "Best Stage".  xD
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »
+1
"What is your favorite customize profile feature???"

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »
Yeah, a by-product of my not being able to do a proper drop-down menu is that users have two methods of adding a favorite game.  Essentially, they can add two games (one in text and one in terms of graphics).

I'm sure I'll be seeing 'Fave Game' images more often once people catch wind of this.  I also put it in the NewsBox.  I took the time of creating every little game logo (including games which would raise an eyebrow, such as "Order of Shadows").  I really put effort into this, so I hope everyone enjoys. :)

Yes, thank you very much and I'm thankful for your hard work put into this. :)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 12:08:09 AM »
Nice work. :)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 12:14:59 AM »
Yeah it's a very well thought out idea, now I can put at least two of my favorites from each style of cv. But cvIII will always be in my favorites slot ;D Just too special even if I dislike it sometimes.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 09:07:35 AM »
I see you updated the AoS image.

much appreciated
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 09:15:08 AM »
It looked a little blah, so I went and modified the logo (had to shrink the castle).
It looks better now, what with the eclipse and all.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 01:26:48 PM »
This is a cool idea!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »
+1
An interesting concept....

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 12:01:03 AM »
+2
Grat idea, thanks for taking the time to implement this Jorge.

Funny how many CvIV's I'm seeing
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Tags:

anything