Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite Vampire Movies  (Read 14468 times)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: August 08, 2013, 11:01:42 PM »
I been recently watching the Hammer Dracula films and also rewatch the Dracula 1931 which I love. I was wondering what is you guys favorite vampire movies? I can name at least my Top Five
1) Nosferatu (1922)
2) Dracula (1931)
3) Dracula (Horror of Dracula 1958)
4) Thirst (2009)
5) Near Dark (1987)
Also I got to mention the first Blade movies not because they are masterpieces but they actually have a badass vampire hunter. We need more of those type of movies :D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:48:06 PM »
+1
Bram Stoker's Dracula 1992. Even though it is more of a love story then the novel, this film is as close to the novel as we can get. Plus I also consider this film to be the only real predecessor of Castlevania bloodlines.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 12:59:44 AM »
The first Vampire Hunter D will forever have my vote as best vampire movie ever.

Other than that: Buffy. Seriously. I love that movie.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 05:09:42 AM »
That's an interesting question, and I hadn't really thought about it. My tastes have always run more towards cheesy acting and cheesier costumes, so I'm more a monster movie buff/werewolf fan myself. But off the top of my head...

5. Son of Dracula
4. Bram Stoker's Dracula
3. Fright Night
2. Nosferatu
1. Hellsing Ultimate OVA series (Ok so I cheated, I guess bump Nosferatu up to #1 and add in Vampire Hunter D at the end?)

Honorable mentions for "Dracula A.D. 1972", "Dracula's Daughter" and "The Lost Boys"
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 05:16:23 AM by Ratty »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 05:48:53 AM »
+1
  • Interview with the Vampire
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula
  • Blade 1 & 2
  • The Lost Boys
  • Vampire in Brooklyn
  • From Dusk Till Dawn (mainly due to the Salma Hayek striptease scene lol)

last but not least

Best Scenes from "Vampire's Kiss"

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 11:41:48 AM »
Yeah, so I don't know why I didn't mention Fright Night (the original). Such a fantastic movie.

I actually just sold my Blu-ray copy for $150. Kinda sucks to have parted with it, but, you know, money.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 11:42:57 AM »
That and I made a few backup 1:1 copies anyway.
Ahem.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 04:53:27 PM »
Let's see what I can remember, because I've seen a lot of vampire stuff...

1º Interview with the Vampire
2º Rosario to Vampire
3º I Am Legend
4º Bram Stoker's Dracula
5º Renkyuun-San Magical Pokaan
6º Let the right one in
7º Dance in the Vampire Bund
8º Let me in
9º Thirst
10º Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
11º Van Helsing
12º Queen of the Damned
13º Underworld (saga)
14º Lesbian Vampire Hunters
15º Return to Salem's Lot
16º Kiss of the Damned
17º Dracula: 2.000
18º Dracula: Reborn
19º Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
20º Vampire Hunter D
21º Nosferatu: The Vampire
22º Nosferatu
23º Dark Shadows
24º Bloodrayne 2: Deliverance
25º Blade (saga)
26º Vampire in Brooklyn
27º Ultraviolet
28º Transylvania Hotel
29º The Little Vampire
30º Hellsing
31º Day Watch / Night Watch
32º Priest
33º Twilight (saga)

From best to worst (in my personal preferences). The last ones are the ones I didn't like, Twilight saga being the worst, by far.

I know, I'm a vampire fangirl  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 05:05:52 PM »
+1
No mention of Shadow of the Vampire so far. It's a sort of "behind the scenes" story about the original Murnau Nosferatu with the idea put forth that Max Schreck was an actual vampire. It's a good movie, but I've always been bothered by Willem Dafoe's gopher teeth (as opposed to the sharp fangs that Count Orlock had).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 05:10:06 PM »
What, Buffy but no Angel love?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 05:14:12 PM »
+1
Interview with the Vampire (right in Brad Pitt's glory years, love it, even for not being 100% to the novel)
Dracula (Coppola, 1993 version)
Dracula(Lugosi version)
Son of Dracula
Fright Night (original or remake, though I prefer the former)
Salem's Lot
Return to Salem's Lot
Let Me In
Abraham Lincoln : Vampire Hunter
Jesus Christ : Vampire Hunter
Queen of the Damned (for being horribly inaccurate to the books, it's still not too bad)
Dracula 2000
Nosferatu : A Symphony of Horror(Max Schreck ftw)
Dark Shadows (series)
Dark Shadows (film)
The Underworlds (but mostly the first one, because Bill Nighy)
Bloodrayne (even though they kind of suck, they're still a decent watch)
The Blade series On second thought, I fucking hate this series. I don't know why I put it up here. :>
THE LOST BOYS GOD YES THE LOST BOYS
Vampire's Kiss (because Nicholas Cage)
The Little Vampire (because I know a bunch of us had to have grown up watching it)
Ultraviolet (even though I still don't quite understand it)
Vampire Hunter D

These aren't in any order of preference, just the order I remembered/thought of them. I would have included the following in that list, but since the thread technically specifies movies, I'm putting them in their own bunch:

Hellsing (ALL OF IT)
Rosario + Vampire (getting better with each update IMO, even with the Aizen-esque stereotypes)
Anything involving Vampire Hunter D. Anime, graphic novels, the original novels themselves...it's just amazing.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »
What, Buffy but no Angel love?

Dunno about anybody else, but my Buffy is the original movie. That's where it's at, and there ain't no Angel there.

It has Pee-wee Herman as a vampire. What could be better?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 10:28:32 PM »
  • From Dusk Till Dawn (mainly due to the Salma Hayek striptease scene lol)

Oh man forgot this one. I'm not the world's biggest Tarantino fan (I find him a bit too derivative most of the time) but that's a great flick. And I agree the Salma Hayek scene certainly doesn't hurt. I remember Frank Frazetta made it the focal point of his illustration/poster for the movie lol. And then there's that Rammstein video inspired by it.

I still need to see Vampire's Kiss.

Dunno about anybody else, but my Buffy is the original movie. That's where it's at, and there ain't no Angel there.

It has Pee-wee Herman as a vampire. What could be better?

Yeah unfortunately due to his then-recent theater arrest they downplayed Peewee's role in the promotional materials for the movie, at least according to Joe Bob Briggs. Also I was talking about the original Fright Night to, haven't seen the remake and don't really care to.

Hellsing (ALL OF IT)
The manga is the best part for me. I'd like to see the original 13 episode series again since it's been about 5 years but the recent Funimation re-release is too expensive. Might collect the old now-dirt cheap 4 individual volume release sometime.

PS- For those that thought BLADE was cheesy/bad.

Shira: The Vampire Samurai Official Movie Trailer

The Horror. The Horror. (Though I actually enjoyed it lol.)

And if we're not talking strictly about western vampires I'm a big fan of Jiang-Shi movies, especially the original Mr. Vampire.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:31:13 AM by Ratty »

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 07:05:12 AM »
I remember watching Salem's Lot (1979). Good lord. 100 minutes of some boring drama / thriller ending with around 15 minutes of actual vampires. I suppose it makes sense for a story based on a Stephan King book, that are all about suspense. I guess I was just too used to horror film who throw the scares at you instead of building suspense. Anyway, the suspense is too long.

Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter is surprisingly entertaining, even though they really skip character development, i.e. how Abe actually BECAME a politician. But since it's an action film it's okay. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:08:41 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »
No mention of Shadow of the Vampire so far. It's a sort of "behind the scenes" story about the original Murnau Nosferatu with the idea put forth that Max Schreck was an actual vampire.

Is this the same Max Schreck, murdering business tycoon from Batman Returns??
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything