Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ghostbusters teaser trailer  (Read 9738 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: January 23, 2019, 11:34:34 PM »

Looks to be set in the original 2 films universe, unlike the trainwreck from a few years ago (the video game supposedly counts as well for the original 2 films universe). Jason Reitman, son of Ivan Reitman, who directed the first two films, fills in for his dad this time for directing duties. And apparently Leslie Jones from the last film is extremely pissed because this one won't take place in that piece of crap's universe that she was in.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:43:48 PM by Bloodreign »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 09:53:24 AM »
+1
The 2016 film was trash. Full of that left-wing social justice garbage that seems to permeate in the film industry nowadays. My bro told me about this one but he wasn't wowed by it in any real way. This teaser trailer hasn't wowed me either so I'll just have to see what the actual movie trailer brings to light. I want the next film to be a good one with a properly written and believable story, and non of the wash that was in the last one. Hopefully Jason Reitman can do the film proper justice and bring about something fun, classy, and well...Ghosbusters-ie.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 10:43:18 PM »
+1
The Teaser reminded me of a bit I read a while back about the sequel that never was.   It involved a Creepy Farmhouse connecting our dimension with the spirits' and the guys traveling between dimensions.  :o 

Yeah, Ghostbusters: Answer the Call was an unfortunate squandering of creativity and talent.
 Link somewhat related

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Ghostbusters teaser trailer
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 06:00:05 AM »

Looks to be set in the original 2 films universe, unlike the trainwreck from a few years ago (the video game supposedly counts as well for the original 2 films universe). Jason Reitman, son of Ivan Reitman, who directed the first two films, fills in for his dad this time for directing duties. And apparently Leslie Jones from the last film is extremely pissed because this one won't take place in that piece of crap's universe that she was in.

I wonder why everyone hates the 2016 film oh wait....

The 2016 film was trash. Full of that left-wing social justice garbage that seems to permeate in the film industry nowadays.

That's "why" right there...

So everyone prefers Right-Wing social-injustice shit huh?

While completely missing the point that fans of this franchise were waiting for a third film for years due to being in development hell especially they couldn't get the original cast back together due to one of them being a complete asshole (and a abuser as well) and one of them died hence came along the 2016 film which not only resulted a rather disturbing amount of reception of being bunch of ungrateful spoiled children crying over that they didn't get exactly what they wanted but also revealed the deeply seething misogyny that this society holds all because the Ghostbusters team were all women and somehow that destroys your "childhood"? Also even dare to talk about the current state of the filming industry while in reality it's as a completely white male dominated that lets rapists and abusers (and possible murderers) off the hook and allowed to have careers?

You all need to get your priorities straight.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 06:41:19 AM by Zydalc »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 09:03:41 AM »
+2
Hey, don't paint us ALL that way.  This thread has only one opinion that's as such.

Leaving any gender issues aside, the 2016 just wasn't very good.  It was somehow campier and less believable than the older films.
It almost felt like those "Goosebumps" movies.  I think it just had too much color, perhaps?  You guys get what I mean?

I have seen spookier "Are You Alone In the Dark" episodes.  Yes, it's supposed to have a formula that's horror and humor, but the 2016 film took it in an odd direction.  It wasn't spooky and it was not really that funny.  I like the Egon female expy, though.  She was cool.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 09:52:40 AM »
+1
So everyone prefers Right-Wing social-injustice shit huh?

Nope. I prefer somewhere right in the middle. Equality. And yes don't paint everyone with broad strokes. It's not cool. If you really want to know why the 2016 movie is held in such low regards then do your research, see for yourself before you drop the headsman's axe on everybody. I've looked at several sources that go into great depth about that film since its release and most if not all is bad news. I've not watched the movie and I definitely don't care to any time from now. To me it's just not Ghostbusters though others might feel otherwise, which is fine. Each to their own.

And apparently Leslie Jones from the last film is extremely pissed because this one won't take place in that piece of crap's universe that she was in.

I heard that she got quite a bit of flack because of that film. If anything she should be feeling relief that she won't have to go through it a second time should fictional part 2 drop hard. And personally there is nothing wrong with the actors in that movie. The ones to blame are Paul Feig for writing and directing it, and the former head of SONY pictures Amy Pascal for green-lighting it.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 10:44:14 AM »
Nope. I prefer somewhere right in the middle. Equality.

From personal experience, liberals always end up standing side-by-side with the right since the all mythical "truth is somewhere in the middle" doesn't exist which is simply the golden mean fallacy and appeal to moderation there or otherwords the horseshoe theory pretty much and you have to pick a side and apparently you've already chosen one....

And saying terms like "Equality" is just vague and empty that could mean anything.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 10:46:15 AM by Zydalc »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 07:36:06 PM »
Using the term "equality" in the context of this film is most certainly neither empty nor could it mean "anything".
That is unless you are speaking in political spin and disingenuous tropes.

People didn't like 2016 Ghostbusters because it was a poorly written mess that did not understand the original franchise, nor respect it's legacy.
The vast majority of average movie goers do not care about identity politics in their fantasy movies.
Politics is not the reason anyone goes to see these movies.
And when the creators, studio, and media try to politicize these films there is rightly a backlash against it.

Furthermore, the "male dominated" industry you are condemning is the very same industry that has been pushing for all of these "inclusive" and misandrist movies the last few years.
And if you can't see how the fact that the 2016 Ghostbuster had an all female cast is irrelevant to everyone who disliked the movie than you are just blindly drinking the cool-aid.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 08:36:30 AM »
Using the term "equality" in the context of this film is most certainly neither empty nor could it mean "anything".
That is unless you are speaking in political spin and disingenuous tropes.

People didn't like 2016 Ghostbusters because it was a poorly written mess that did not understand the original franchise, nor respect it's legacy.
The vast majority of average movie goers do not care about identity politics in their fantasy movies.
Politics is not the reason anyone goes to see these movies.
And when the creators, studio, and media try to politicize these films there is rightly a backlash against it.

Furthermore, the "male dominated" industry you are condemning is the very same industry that has been pushing for all of these "inclusive" and misandrist movies the last few years.
And if you can't see how the fact that the 2016 Ghostbuster had an all female cast is irrelevant to everyone who disliked the movie than you are just blindly drinking the cool-aid.

Bolded the buzzwords or red flags that this topic is not worth discussing other than I knew this entire topic from the start of the OP would be a red herring for "hurr hurr SJW hurr hurr" outrage circle jerk for the sake of the outrage.

Everytime you say "Politics" you actually want to stick to the Status Quo and you clearly hate women and other marginalized groups.

Also "misandry" doesn't exist because it's clearly once again horseshoe theory in the face of actual misogyny as displayed in this thread so far.

Also stop envisioning some Golden Age that never existed which is a common trait among Liberals and their Fascist apologists (if not actual Fascists themselves) like you when everytime you say "The Film Industry these days" while in reality nothing has really changed and still is the white male dominated industry as it always was and always will be.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:46:21 PM by Zydalc »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 03:56:13 AM »
You're calling people a lot of names there, Zydalc.

The broad strokes continue, it seems "...and you clearly hate women".  Really, clearly?  Like, clearly clearly?
You're taking a lot of assumptions, there.

You might want to tone down on the rhetoric and hyperbole.

BTW, I actually saw the 2016 film.  It is... mediocre at best.  I wasn't outraged by it, since my outlook was "oh, trailer looks blah, will wait until it comes out on tv or something", and I did.

Going back to the topic at hand, this trailer doesn't seem to showcase anything.  I suppose it's a good 'teaser' in that it's like "hey, this is coming back"... but I suppose it just does not do it, for me.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 12:06:11 AM »
The 2 things you don't talk about on the internet, religion and motherfucking POLITICS.

Yeah, leave the politics shit at the curb, it never turns out well.

Jorge: Guess we'll have to wait and see what any future teaser trailers bring us. I want to believe someone's head is straight directing this film, just don't want it to get as bad as the last film was, where nearly everyone complained the writing and comedy bits(sophomoric as it could be, something the first 2 films never dabbled in) were terrible. I'll give it a chance, but chances are I won't be seeing it in theaters even if it is good. Will likely wait for Blueray, or see it at a friends house on some digital format it's released on.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 12:11:23 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 12:39:37 PM »
Come on AI...

We need someone to babysit the human race.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 12:32:04 PM »
I wouldn't say I was outraged by the 2016 version, I just knew after the second trailer that it was nothing more than parody of the original. That, in and of itself, would not have been an issue for me if it wasn't done in conjunction with pretending it was a serious attempt at a reboot that blatantly disrespected the franchise it was trying to milk. When studios act like the fans and the general audience are stupid and will go see anything as long as it has the right title is when I get offended.

Back on topic.
I don't think I would even call the thing they released as a teaser. It was more like an... announcement.
That said, the fact that Ivan Reitman's son is co-writing and directing it and Dan Aykroyd and Earnie Hudson for sure are down with it is a good sign.
Supposedly even Bill Murray is down to do it too.

I'm hoping it'll be at least reminiscent of Extreme Ghostbusters in that the new lead characters being introduced are a guy and a chick. Kinda like a ghost-busting Mulder and Scully.
It would give any future movies a different dynamic that we haven't seen in the films yet.

Oh, and I want to see an adult Oscar at least as a supporting character and at least a cameo by Dana.
That would rock.

and above all, the tone HAS to be like the original films. Kinda creepy and natural situational humor. No one should be telling any obviously forced jokes.

I dunno. I have a good feeling about this.

Hopefully the studio doesn't fuck it up.
I swear, most producers need to be banned from movie sets.
"Stuff and things."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 02:30:14 AM »
I mean, when you look at the writers for GB16 (that's what I'm gonna call it), it wasn't a good sign. 'The Heat' and 'Parks & Recreation'? Really, that's who you go to for a Ghostbusters script? And I've never been a fan of writer-directors. They usually let themselves get away with a lot of poor ideas. Feig especially.

And now we have reportedly Jason Reitman - presumably growing up enthralled by his father's legacy - and Gil Kenan writing the new script. I'd assume Kenan would rely more on storyboarding, since he's not much of a screenwriter but a director. It might be safe to assume we can get some similar vibes in GB20 as his animated creepshow 'Monster House'. Reitman has some small writing credits under his belt and is definitely more of a drama writer than comedy, so it shouldn't be a slapstick comedy like GB16.

The only people that should EVER be writing slapstick comedy for a Ghostbusters fiction are Richard Mueller and Joseph Straczynski...
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 09:53:34 AM »
I wouldn't mind it if they contacted Dan Akroyd to help with crafting some story elements. He and Harold Ramis wrote the scripts for the two movies back in the day, and since Akroyd got his start on shows like Saturday-night Live, he has a natural talent for comedy that we appreciated in the two films. Although it's a tragedy that Herold Ramis died as he too had a natural knack for comedy (SCTV).

Tags:

anything