Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music you've been digging lately  (Read 270015 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #735 on: September 23, 2023, 05:48:09 PM »
EOS has some good stuff. Only really heard Crimson and Purgatory Afterglow, but by far the best song I've heard from them is "Twilight". Like that's a top ten death metal song for me.

Just stumbled on this band Wargasm, digging this song a lot. It's like early 2000s electroindustrial-tinged nu-metal mixed with Lords of Acid and digital hardcore. And the singer's cute and sounds a bit like Poppy.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #736 on: October 02, 2023, 04:58:03 PM »
Digging 3TEETH's new album. Mick Gordon features on a lot of tracks and I wish he'd become their full-time producer/collaborator.

This is probably my favorite song on it. Has some strong Antichrist Superstar/Mechanical Animals vibes.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #737 on: October 20, 2023, 10:58:13 PM »
EOS has some good stuff. Only really heard Crimson and Purgatory Afterglow, but by far the best song I've heard from them is "Twilight". Like that's a top ten death metal song for me.

Just stumbled on this band Wargasm, digging this song a lot. It's like early 2000s electroindustrial-tinged nu-metal mixed with Lords of Acid and digital hardcore. And the singer's cute and sounds a bit like Poppy.

Damn, okay, that's pretty awesome. I like how they have a similar guitar tone to Entombed and Dismember, and Swano's vocals are just as great as they are on The Spectral Sorrows. But this is more my speed.

Suicide Commando led me to more electronic stuff lately. And I heard this Ministry cover and thought, "look at how they massacred by boy" at first, but damn, I was hooked as soon as the chorus comes in. Still, I missed the original riff.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #738 on: February 24, 2024, 01:52:31 PM »
Haven't bought a KMFDM album since 2003's WWIII. Heard some tracks off the new one and decided to pick it up, and I think it's great.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #739 on: February 24, 2024, 05:47:44 PM »
At some point Apple Music started dripfeeding me random bits of Touhou arrangement albums and one day WORLD THEORY got me rocking out to all the sproingysproingy between the moemoe moments:

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #740 on: March 16, 2024, 11:31:33 PM »
Been listening to more of this band over the weekend:

I really like their sense of melody. I've had a song of theirs on my Spotify for a while, but I just haven't thought to check out more until now.

Also digging the new Midnight and Aborted albums. Still waiting for the new Zombeast and Benighted albums to drop, too.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags:

anything