Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CVForum Awards & Achievements  (Read 298283 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #195 on: June 10, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »
You know, we could use an award for certain people who'd..."criticize" certain things at the drop of a hat, sort of like a reverse-The Great Defender (as Master Debater sometimes doesn't apply under certain circumstances), but I have no idea as to what the title should be. For the icon, I think Dario would be good.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2013, 09:43:02 PM »
I think I'm interested in the idea but I don't quite follow.
Edit: I mean, "what did you mean by criticize certain things at the drop of the hat"?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2013, 09:48:17 PM »
I gave a clue on what I meant by "criticize" by saying that Dario would be good for the icon, but I guess that wasn't obvious enough.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2013, 10:10:48 PM »
I don't quite remember Dario's role in DoS.
I guess you mean like when people hate a game just because they don't like it and they take every chance they can to say something bad about it. That's like kind of a reverse-The Great Defender.
That would be cool.
We can nominate TGR for of that award, thanks to his endless and irrational hating of Game Boy games.
"The Great Denier" could be the name, perhaps? Or something like that?
Now, it's in Jorge's hands  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2013, 10:18:46 PM »
Well, maybe something along the lines of "The Raging Flamer", but does that sound a tad too cheesy to you?
^^

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2013, 01:06:57 AM »
+3
Seems more apt to describe a gay guy with a raging hardon.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2013, 01:16:22 AM »
LOL. I'm thinking about something that involves 'Spiteful', but I think I hit a roadblock here.
^^

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2013, 10:56:10 AM »
Oh guys! I'm about to have tea with cookies!
LOL!

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2013, 11:58:01 AM »
+1
Oh guys! I'm about to have tea with cookies!
LOL!

Fcuk yeah, Earl Grey, that's what I'm talking about. The real thing. :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »
Fcuk yeah, Earl Grey, that's what I'm talking about. The real thing. :P
You know it's the best  :)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »
+5
Based on the above requests, and a few I've thrown in.....

- Unmovable Object: Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge.

- The Flame Demon: Will heatedly and viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, often with little provocation.

- The Snarker: A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism.

- The Purist: Seeks to keep their game or fandom free of any and all changes they deem "unfaithful".

- The Guardian: Comes to the defense and aid of the community, regardless of personal opinions.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2013, 05:43:29 PM »
metalslug_pow_thankyou.wav
*+1'd*

What monster did you use for The Flame Demon award, by the way? Embarrassingly, I've forgotten. :-X
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:45:04 PM by VladCT »
^^

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2013, 05:59:38 PM »

What monster did you use for The Flame Demon award, by the way? Embarrassingly, I've forgotten. :-X

SotN Flame Demon.  :P

Edited to add an additional one I thought appropriate.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2013, 06:55:19 PM »
Those are AWESOME, Sindra, great job!
Having said that, I have a few reservations:

- Unmovable Object: Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge.

This is quite similar to "The Great Defender".  Tell me how it's different and we'll see what we can do about it. :D
Also, if you're using the term as a reference to the "Unstoppable Force" paradox, it's "Immovable" not "Unmovable".  Although both words are synonyms to one another, 'immovable' works for objects, while 'unmovable' refers to positions/opinions.  In this case, I think Immovable is a better term for the Golem.

- The Flame Demon: Will heatedly and viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, often with little provocation.
Neat! An Infamous award to go with Trollmeister. :P

- The Snarker: A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism.
Oh man, I can see this one.
On a related note, I really have to see about making some kind of sarcasm emoticon....

- The Purist: Seeks to keep their game or fandom free of any and all changes they deem "unfaithful".
This one is almost similar to the Retro Gamer, though I can see how it can be different.  We'll have to look out for these characters when nominating 'em.

- The Guardian: Comes to the defense and aid of the community, regardless of personal opinions.
This one seems similar to "The Peacekeeper".  Or is this defending the community 'here' against people from the outside?  Wouldn't that require people to know them elsewhere?  I'm confused a little about this one.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2013, 07:19:34 PM »
I can change it to "Immovable"

In regards to The Purist....you can be a a retro gamer while still being okay with the series moving forward with new ideas. A "Purist" refuses to accept any games past a certain date/type/gameplay change regardless of how favorable they might be to others. Take for example me; I don't own any Sonic games that aren't for a Sega console, so I guess I'm a Purist in that regard.

The Guardian is meant for those that come to the Dungeon's defense as a whole, I suppose. The Peacekeeper is able to defuse situations, while the Guardian will end up telling people to kindly GTFO when the offender is being an extra special asshole and the acts of the Peacekeeper don't work. (think passive ability as opposed to defensive ability) But if it's too closely related, that's fine and can be disregarded.

Tags:

anything