Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Console controller sprites for GM use  (Read 2524 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« on: December 03, 2011, 11:28:27 AM »
Maybe someone will want these or have a use for them. I realized when I uploaded video footage of my engine's progress, some things weren't clear because the keyboard wasn't being recorded. In order to show that certain keys were being pressed, I made up these little GUIs using a few PD sprites I found and modified for such use.

Just open the zip file, extract the folder for the gamepad you want to display in your game (Nintendo Entertainment System, SNES, Sega Genesis, or PS2 DualShock 2), then load/import the files into your game. Some editing will need to be done, since the NES, SNES and Genesis scripts are all strictly keyboard based, while the DualShock 2 script is strictly joystick based.

The primary intended use of these is to help with debugging or add a nice touch to game play footage recordings. If you want to use them strictly in debugging, embed the script call inside the conditional "if debug_mode { }" and it will run only when you are in debug mode. (At least in 8.0, dunno about other versions)

Oh yeah, each sprite set is only originally 48 pixels wide all together, so if you are one of those people who insist on using "high quality" or "high definition" sprites (aka wasted memory), you will need to change draw_sprite() to draw_sprite_ext(). These sprites work just fine with normal-sized graphics, though.

Here is the link to it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xo7boab17a543i7

Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: