Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Man in the High Castle (series - possible spoilers)  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
The Man in the High Castle (series - possible spoilers)
« on: May 31, 2016, 01:06:58 AM »
Have you guys watched Amazon's original series "The man in the high castle"? It's absolutely brilliant IMO.
As someone who read the Philip Dick novel and didn't like it, I think the series remade it into a much more accessible and thrilling story.
Yeah, it's not as philosophical as the novel and the plot is completely original, but it does borrow enough elements of Dick's novel that I think he would have been happy with it. For a novel that talks too much about I Ching, a book most Westerners don't know or understand, it's good that in the series they only mention it on a very basic level.

The original characters are awesome too. Obergruppenführer John smith is amazing. He's such a perfect nazi, yet somehow still manages to appear human.

Anyway, watch it if you haven't. It's dark, chilling, and incredibly realistic.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: The Man in the High Castle (series - possible spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 03:29:49 PM »
I've heard very good things about it, but my Netflix, Crunchyroll, and DVD queues are pretty SET for the next few months I decide to give a screen my undivided attention (usually breakfast, lunch, or dinner). 

What recently struck me the most, however, was this poster, which rings of a certain CastleVania ending:

;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:32:13 PM by Eric Roman »

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: The Man in the High Castle (series - possible spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 11:43:41 PM »
Cool poster, reflects the spirit of the series rather than the novel (the good people in the novel seem completely impotent to stop the triumph of evil). John Smith on the poster is quite a damn evil nazi, but it seems nevertheless he's more of a grey character than a black one.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:45:46 PM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything