Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Samurai Jack's Finale  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: May 21, 2015, 09:46:35 PM »

Someone here remember Samurai Jack from Cartoon Network? They are going to do a proper ending for it!
I wasn't expecting this to happen after waiting for so many years, but finally we will know how this story ends, but in a comic book.

You can know more here.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 11:06:56 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by proper ending. I sat through it. He had his dual with Aku in the past and sealed him away, thus ending the series. If you mean a lack of more substance and voice acting then yes I can agree with you on that one. The episode was strangely devoid of conversation. Although I have to wonder if the guys doing the comic even realize that Jack is a Samurai from the far east and not a Conan-like King from the west. It's probably a joke image though :-\
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 01:14:17 AM »
You are probably remembering it wrong since one time he almost sealed Aku, but them his friends (from that episode) thought that he was losing the fight and then sent him back to the future together with him. He also reached Aku some other times.

About this King Jack thing, it was shown in a episode that you can see here: https://youtu.be/ZR3WDSkY3-s?t=20m31s

You don't need to worry, the original creator is with them, read the article.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 08:15:45 AM »
I found Samurai Jack surprising psychedelic. For a series with such a simple plot, it was unusually addicting. You just couldn't stop watching the great animations.
This was one of the episodes I found particularly psychedelic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL-893hKSzI
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 10:14:57 PM »
The Duck Dodgers series also did a spoof on Samurai Jack. The episode was called Samurai Quack. apparently both the Voice actor of Aku and the animator worked on this episode. Here's the link;

Duck Dodgers #24 Surf the Stars - Samurai Quack
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 01:55:54 AM »
Then let's get to it, Kurosawa!  ;D

Great episode. Aku is the most badgering villain ever.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 04:20:59 AM »
This looks like itll be cool! If only it was animated...;-;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 08:45:10 AM »
Awesome! Jack was my daughters favorite pre-bedtime show for a while. I loved how relaxing and quiet the show us. It helped calm her down before bed. Lol

I'm glad they're doing more with it!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 03:37:34 PM »
I wish that they did more cartoons with a bit of serious tone while still being fun and for children nowadays, without overdoing the serious part (I'm not counting anime).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: