Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania , Symphony of the DS  (Read 9802 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 01:31:26 PM »
The reverb sort of works for a few of Invitation's instruments (mostly the strings and drums, but that's almost a given). Otherwise I'm with Jorge, it's way too high, especially on some of the pianos. There's also a short blip sort of sound when the intro guitar ends and the strings begin. That aside, it's great. I'm looking forward to the finished product.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Richter Belmondo

• Crush this flea who invades my castle !
  • Hunter in Training
  • This whip is not my only weapon !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 12:44:13 AM »
''What software are you using to record?''
Mp3MyMp3
The one who is screwing up my project ^_^
For the composition ,
It is a modified game RIP , i just don't like the original ones
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:46:24 AM by Richter Belmondo »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 03:08:06 PM »
If the problem is just the recording, then you should use Audacity to record.
If your sampling program is creating the sound, you have to edit the sound prior to recording.

I'm surprised your sampling program doesn't have a WAV-Out Play format that'd let you generate a WAV file right off the player.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 06:46:34 PM »
Yeah, but full-song .wavs are usually enormous before conversion. Some programs just don't include it on that premise. I don't see WHY since a conversion takes less than a minute, but I don't write the things. :P

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 10:52:55 AM »
Indeed, I keep a 32bit and a 16bit WAV recording of almost every tune I make.  They range from 11MB to 60MB each.
The 16bit one gets embedded into my Youtube videos.
The 32bit one is higher quality and thus would be used if someone wants a FLAC or a high-quality OGG version of a tune.  They're also better for making MP3s off of.
This is a necessity if one wants a quality Waveform to Equalize and Normalize, however.

It's even worse if I did StepMania mixes, which require a waveform for each 'part' so they're in the 100+MB.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 01:27:03 PM »
This could use a little humanization, especially on drums, with different velocities.

Samples are okay, but drowned in reverb, you should reduce it a bit.

So far it sounds like a straight midi cover IMO, but with a little more work, it should be fine. ;)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 05:22:01 PM »
+1
I use cubase with Reason and FL studio, as VST plug-ins. I am lucky to have a studio with high quality condenser mics. It is nice to be able to blend real sounds with your samples.

I make many custom samples. If anyone ever needs any custom sounds, let me know.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 05:39:20 PM »
I use cubase with Reason and FL studio, as VST plug-ins. I am lucky to have a studio with high quality condenser mics. It is nice to be able to blend real sounds with your samples.

I make many custom samples. If anyone ever needs any custom sounds, let me know.

For free?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 07:37:36 PM »
MontoyaGraphics, you should showcase 'em in the Music Sounds/Samples Showcase thread if you haven't already.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »
+1
That's a good idea Jorge. I'll do that soon. I posted a link to one of my music pages, but I didn't post any samples.

But yeah, if it's a cool project, I'll do it for free. Especially if it's vocal sounds. I'm a former student of theater so I love to do voice acting as well.

Eventually I'll be willing to do original music for people's games as well. But right now all of my efforts are focused on The Rise of Castlevania.

The worst monsters are human.

Tags: OST castlevania Remix 

anything