Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What should be in Castlevania: Judgement 2 (if they ever make it)  (Read 13611 times)

aveaida

First off, here's what NEEDS to be in a Castlevania Judgement sequel, if it's ever made.
1) at least 25 characters, including Shanoa and Albus.  ;D
2) Reworked controls, allowing you to choose if you want motion control or not.
3) The artists of the other games should come together. Only they have the true visions of the characters they designed. THE DEATH NOTE DUDE MADE SHANOA A NUN!!!!!
4) Maria should be her SOTN version.
5) An Adventure mode, featuring up to 4 player co-op play of any unlocked characters (the storyline would revolve around P1's character).
6) 1 to 4 player battles including team mode.
7) A multisystem release of all next-gen consoles (PS3, XBOX 360, and PC)
8.) Post your ideas below!!

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: What should be in Castlevania: Judgement 2 (if they ever make it)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 05:25:08 PM »
I would put in the following.

Medusa as a Character. Note that this would be humanoid Medusa, not giant gorgon head Medusa.
Shaft as a Shang-tsung like character.
Redesign trevor so that he doesn't look like a gay prostitute.
More enemy fighting sequences with stronger enemies.
Chance of Legion sweeping the fight zone with weak faceless zombies during any storyline fight.
Jonathan and Charlotte.
A tag team mode with special attack possibilities. I.E. Chose character X and Y and gain a special move or combo in which both characters are functioning in battlefield.
Custom character creation possibilities.

Edit: I liked Shanoa as a Nun. She so puuuuurrrdy.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 05:27:09 PM by Grim_Creeper »
Nani?! An animu site with no hentai? Blaaasphemy!
Burn the witch in the name of LoL!

-Lulzy Lulzerton Esq, wizard of ounces

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:47:03 PM »
For a sequel to Judgement, I say have a whole new story that fits in with the established time line and forget the first game's story ever happened. And for god's sake, don't make Grant look like a mummy.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 08:03:57 PM »
Use the original designs, or let Kojima kojima-ize the already non-Kojima designs.

Keep a similar combat system, based on the gamecube controller designs. Balance out the supers more, and make them not an hour long cutscene. Would be beneficial if they were in real time, in the stage itself, so that we can have a 4-player mode. The only tweak I would make here is the dodge roll (in the direction you press the right stick, not going the way you face regardless of the right stick direction pressed), and a more refined blocking system. Cancel block into dodge roll, etc.

Keep the comboability of the original!! This was the best part of it! Just eliminate the infinates.

Better camera.

Next-gen, or at the very least all consoles.

Keep Aeon and time warp plot (it works), but do not include lame things like time reaper. Don't do stupid stories like Maria ever again! Some comedy is good but that was just UGH.

Include some limited platforming into some (not all) stages perhaps, or a bigger stage area.

Adventure mode with limited platforming and co-op 2players. Actual rooms interconnected, kind of like LoI or CoD. Doesn't have to be quite as big, but still long. Each character has their own story individually, and P2 isn't story effected regardless who you pick (Dynasty Warriors Gundam style).

Remove the more anime-ish moves. IE. Simon's super was really over the top even for Castlevania. It has to go.

I'd like to see multiple supers too. Perhaps two lower level ones, and a max super. That would be cool.

But alas, we'll never see another judgment after the first one bombed horribly.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:06:00 PM by uzo »

Offline danceofgold

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 01:26:12 AM »
I'd rather they not do another Judgment and spend the time and money on a non-fighter Castlevania. But to reply to your post, I'd say:

- Put Richter in
- A darker and gorier atmosphere
- Ayami Kojima instead of Takeshi Obata

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 02:32:34 AM »
No more children (Eric and Maria), please, thanks.

Make characters not look like gay people from a festival (though I liked Grant and Death).

Put Soma, Maxim, Albus, Jonathan, Charlotte and FLEAMAN in! (Okay, no Fleaman)

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 07:37:55 AM »
Hey Flea man might actually be kinda cool to play as.

Ms. Flea: So what did you do today?
Mr. Flea: Killed a bunch of people from across time and space.
Ms. Flea: Is that right?
Mr. Flea: Yes, yes it is.

--

Everybody else: Killed by a flea man! ARG! I'll never live this down! I'm calling my agent!
Nani?! An animu site with no hentai? Blaaasphemy!
Burn the witch in the name of LoL!

-Lulzy Lulzerton Esq, wizard of ounces

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 08:52:50 AM »
No more CV fighting game, please!

But IF they really had to.then..

*Completely remove the recent art, let ayami kojima remake it

*make it 2D

*Let Alucard "be" Arikado instead, giving him all classical powers from sotn would make him too powerful(shield spells, mist form, soul steal..) removing Alucard's original powers wouldn't feel right.

I'd prefer a 2D fighting game:Here's a great example of it's potential:
Alucard vs Richter Belmont - SOTN Epic Castle Brawl

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »
Ouch!  :o

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 09:48:01 AM »
Wow.........awesome video!!! :o I'd love to see more!!! ;D
Ruler of Chaos

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 10:14:08 AM »
indeed, it would be cheaper for them to create it and the game would be better

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 11:32:42 AM »
No more CV fighting game, please!

But IF they really had to.then..

*Completely remove the recent art, let ayami kojima remake it

*make it 2D

*Let Alucard "be" Arikado instead, giving him all classical powers from sotn would make him too powerful(shield spells, mist form, soul steal..) removing Alucard's original powers wouldn't feel right.

I'd prefer a 2D fighting game:Here's a great example of it's potential:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd-ERk5-Ufs#ws

Hahaha, oh wow. I don't even know why I'm laughing, but this video is really cool.

Offline Lisa Fahrenheit

• All-purpose healer
  • Hunter in Training
  • Bubblegum Pop Rocks, guys.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 02:59:36 AM »
Dude, that video was awesome o.o;

As far as what I'd like to see in a second Judgment:

- Original artists are a must!
- More storyline for each character, and maybe a couple save points if the storyline and opponent list is long enough.
- Joachim, most definitely.
- I'm agreeing with at least 25 characters. I'd like for you to be able to start out with Trevor, too.
- Biased opinion, but I'd like to see Lisa show up somehow. Maybe in a flashback or something in either Dracula or Alucard's storylines (or even another Succubus disguise, since that would be cool to see in 3D). I've got way too many ideas on how she could work in there, but a lot of them are...well, they follow the kind of nonsensical "do whatever" feeling that the original Judgment had, and it looks like we're moving away from that.
- Walter might be really fun to see, too, if only to see how he was before he got the Ebony stone.
- Not to keep with the Lament theme, but I think it'd be cool to have Mathias so that he could fight Dracula later on.
- Agreeing that we keep the Aeon plot. I mean, we did have St. Germain as a time-traveling guy before this, but in all honesty I like Aeon a little better.
- Loving the tag-team idea, as well as the special abilities it could give you.
- Multiple supers would rule.
- Persephone! She could fight with her little skull vacuum! It'd be nice to see her get a story too.
- Pumpkin could also be kind of funny, especially if everything he said was muffled.
- I wouldn't mind the lengthy cut-scenes for the super attacks, if you could skip them. I personally enjoy them, but I see how they can get aggravating, so it's a good compromise.
- Maybe a control for the brightness? Some stages get really hard to see.

I don't actually mind the kids being there. Eric was kind of a badass in all honesty. I wouldn't mind seeing Lydie show up with like...mad ninja skills (okay, maybe not that, but something).

I really love 2D, but I don't think the 3D would be awful if you could control the freaking camera like you could in Curse (unless you can and I just forgot -- it's been way too long since I've played Judgment).

Not the biggest fan of the nun angle, either. I mean, I get it, I just didn't like it that much.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:03:38 AM by Lisa Fahrenheit »

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 11:11:37 PM »
Well I have a judgement+ idea in the midest, like brawl+ using riivolution

1: rebalancing of all characters, especially specials.
2: adding additional costumes, eg keep the death note designs but also for slot2 include the original look from a game, eg dracula slot1: death note, slot2: curse of darkness
3: co-op i agree, however specials in co-op should be replaced by a dual crush system, like HoD.
4: Multiplatform
5: include more costumes or versions of a toon instead of a color pallet swap (so nes)
6: No cross overs with solid snake...

all in favour for the next game to be called "Super Castlevania Melee" ? :p
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:16:47 PM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 02:53:55 AM »
It should be like Serio's CV Fighter PC game. That's it.

Tags:

anything