Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Regarding Ericard  (Read 34115 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The stealing, plagiarizing user called Ericard :)
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2015, 11:18:43 PM »
Don't make fun of twelve year olds. They can be very mature. This guy just seems like he has no concern for anybody else. Like the world revolves around him.

And I've met my share. Most of them don't really care about others' perspectives, and have varying degrees of mentalities that the world does revolve around them. It's not a question of insult, it's a question of emotional and social maturity, which many twelve-year-olds typically lack. It's not an insult to draw humor from babies who don't have object permanence yet, is it? Of course not, because it's simply how their minds work at that age. I don't say that all twelve-year-olds are total egotists, but there is usually still a very strong "self" aspect in how kids that young think. Thinking about self-reward of something without considering consequences, not caring or even acknowledging how things affect people other than themselves, etc.

Kinda like how you immediately took that statement as an insult and not considering what my frame of mind could have been when saying it. Funny how that stuff works, eh?

How many twelve-year-olds you know who are emotionally mature enough to handle something like the realities of marriage commitment or the concept of house ownership and mortgages, or even financial debt struggles?

Exactly.

Ericard's actions belie a mindset in which only he is to be worried about. He said himself he just didn't THINK to look for the owner of the sprite, or ask permission, simply because it was on Google (and therefore PD, right?). He's making alternate accounts to sidestep the confrontation he started and drag things out (sounds like he thinks dragging it out will make people forget or something, again something common in kids; ever hear a little kid explain how something broke?), as well as pretending the alts totally aren't him and speaking in third person. When confronted with the repercussions of his actions he immediately starts throwing insults and making shit excuses to try and absolve himself of blame.

So yeah, I say he's probably twelve or something because that's the kind of shit kids do. It's the kind of shit I did way back when, if my list of stupid shit I'd done is any indication, so I know what I'm looking for.

Quit getting defensive.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Ericard

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 10:44:54 PM »
March 26, 2015, 10:44:54 PM - Hidden.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:47:38 PM by Ericard »

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 11:22:16 PM »
You're such a fuckin' tool, dude. Now you're deliberately stealing, admitting to it, and being a whiny cunt.

You do realize we're not stopping until you respect plot's wishes, right? Some of us actually care about crediting artists and look down on theft. Do as he says and remove what you've stolen and this will all go away. It's not rocket science...though to you the concept of due credit and general decency is foreign, so in your case it may very well be rocket science.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 02:50:06 AM »
And I've met my share. Most of them don't really care about others' perspectives, and have varying degrees of mentalities that...

Dracula, I think Kokushibyo was *making fun* of Ericard, i.e Ericard is so dumb even 12 year olds are smarter and more mature than he is. XD

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Aelfwine

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 2nd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 03:47:10 AM »
I know Ericard stole thePlotTwist's artwork but using this thread as a base for stalking and harassing him online seems like it might be bad form.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 04:41:44 AM »
Considering polite requests and firm demands to cease the use of the stolen materials have failed, he's touting it around on a page on Facebook, using almost a half-dozen known alts on that page, pretending each alt is a different person (all of whom conveniently agree with and defend him), calling out the page moderators and admins for continually demanding he stop using the stolen materials, becoming extremely defensive and harsh when said mods/admins are left with no choice but to use threats of page bans and content removal to try and get him to comply, parading the project around on various other sites including but not limited to the Chapel, Youtube, and his own personal page, and publicly and outright refusing to stop using stolen content and saying straight-up he will not credit or mention the original owner for its infringing use, and justifying such acts with clear-cut bullshit as "it can't be removed from the game" (hint, yeah it fucking can), I don't think we're being too aggressive here.

Hell, if I'm being honest, I don't think we're being aggressive enough. He's obviously not going to be swayed with reason (in fact he's made it abundantly clear he can't be reasoned with) or rationale discourse, and he has openly challenged the original owner of the stolen content over the matter. Personally, I wouldn't be against getting a whole troupe of people to follow him everywhere he posts the game and leave comments over what he's done and downvote the shit out of it all until he gets the damn memo and stops being a bastard. The project looked interesting enough to give a shot when first I saw it, but the actions and frankly infantile behavior of its creator has guaranteed I will not play it as long as he keeps this shit up; and I know for a fact I'm not the only person who feels this way.

So while I can understand the sentiment you're getting at of "two wrongs don't make a right," in some cases the only thing one can do is fight fire with fire. And if Ericard's continuous infringing and willful theft of an artistic work is anything to go by, that's the only option we have left if we want justice served. Obviously we can drop it and move on, but that's an even worse way to handle it as it basically tells Ericard this kind of behavior is tolerable and he can get away with it if he bitches and moans long enough. Sorry, I'm normally one to let bygones be bygones and move the fuck on with life, but this is an exception.

Ericard needs to have it bashed into his erroneously thick skull that this kind of shit isn't okay.

Offline Aelfwine

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 2nd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 04:58:27 AM »
But what you're proposing is basically bullying. As justified as you believe it is your harsher strategy so far has been about as successful as your attempts at polite requests.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2015, 06:01:40 AM »
DDoS will Cure what ails ya.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2015, 06:02:29 AM »
So you propose to just let him get off scot-free and probably do this to somebody else?

I didn't say it was a perfect answer

Jorge knows what's up.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2015, 06:03:50 AM »
Well I don't what the hell ya'll try to say, but I decided not to remove the sprite okay?!? No matter how many years you're going to say but the sprite must me in the game permanently, I will not credit to the author and I will not give him the damn face to the world, okay. over and out..

I don't think we're being too aggressive here.
Hell, if I'm being honest, I don't think we're being aggressive enough.

I totally agree and been saying this since the start of this debacle. The mods keep saying that they can't really regulate what he does outside of the forum which I understand, but he obviously took the sprite from one of our contests.

And the above post from him is a blatant disregard for any rules old or new from this forum. In any other forum he would be banned for this type of action.

He may still come on and steal people work, but at least he wouldn't do so in any official capacity.

I am not saying that a DDOS attack is ok, but it would serve him right.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:06:56 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 06:16:01 AM »
Our forum is the #1 search when it comes to Castlevania and anything social (Forum). Though the site is old, this Board is very much alive. The problem is, it's very easy to grab our contest stuff as a result.
Just search for Castlevania sprites and undoubtedly something from this board will come up. This user did not even have to make an account to grab the stuff.

Users like this user is the reason sites like gbatemp force you to sign up to even see attachments. But then, this user did make an account.  The mistake was advertising a game with stolen content at the very site from which the context was stolen.

We can add a rule about using content without a creator's permission being a bannable offense, but it's not solving the problem and, in my opinion, a superfluous rule. But if enough of you guys debate about it, I can add it to the Fan Stuff rules.

Just know that it's a "bandage on Cancer" kind of measure.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 06:40:40 AM »
Our forum is the #1 search when it comes to Castlevania and anything social (Forum). Though the site is old, this Board is very much alive. The problem is, it's very easy to grab our contest stuff as a result.
Just search for Castlevania sprites and undoubtedly something from this board will come up. This user did not even have to make an account to grab the stuff.

Users like this user is the reason sites like gbatemp force you to sign up to even see attachments. But then, this user did make an account.  The mistake was advertising a game with stolen content at the very site from which the context was stolen.

We can add a rule about using content without a creator's permission being a bannable offense, but it's not solving the problem and, in my opinion, a superfluous rule. But if enough of you guys debate about it, I can add it to the Fan Stuff rules.

Just know that it's a "bandage on Cancer" kind of measure.

I'm with that, it's a start. Anything else that he has coming is on him...

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 09:40:11 AM »
Well I don't what the hell ya'll try to say, but I decided not to remove the sprite okay?!? No matter how many years you're going to say but the sprite must me in the game permanently, I will not credit to the author and I will not give him the damn face to the world, okay. over and out..

You're quite a fool if you think I need YOUR exposition for my sprite to be recognized as mine. My work shines by itself, and walks the internet alone, without my help, but carrying my name. What makes you think it needs YOUR help?

The whole drawing landed me one of the BEST job-contracts I could've asked for. While this sprite lands me nice jobs, your stealing of it lands you scorn and "thief" recognition.

You can keep the sprite (not that I endorse it, but still, I can't physically stop you), my name is written all over it already, without you needing to credit me. You don't need to cry, dude. But I keep asking myself how you'll promote one of the best original sprites in your game if you can't post it anywhere without it being censored for stealing. I mean, by showing the sprite, you're promoting YOUR game, not my drawing. It's actually a disservice for yourself not to show it. But anyway~

This:

And I'm the "strange" one  :rollseyes:

You're actually recognizing the sprite as mine, so that's a nice start. You'll not be able to look at it without knowing you stole it. And this game is already plagued with the "theft" fame.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:54:42 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 10:04:11 AM »
+2
Ericard, I think you may encounter problems in the future. I wish you good luck with real life. Your online life just ended, as you put the biggest Castlevania forum of the Internet against you. Wherever you'll post the game, we'll find it and people will know you stole work from other people. Whatever you do, we'll find you.

And don't think you're safe behind your screen in your mother's basement: justice can find you for stuff you do on the Internet (trust me, I know what I'm taking about). Trying to sell a game with stolen material in it is illegal (possession of stolen goods), even on the Internet.

You still can remove plot's sprite from your game, and I'd recommand you do that. It's still not too late to get away without any more trouble -- just remove the sprite, and replace it by whatever you want.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 10:30:40 AM »
+2
Ericard, I think you may encounter problems in the future. I wish you good luck with real life. Your online life just ended, as you put the biggest Castlevania forum of the Internet against you. Wherever you'll post the game, we'll find it and people will know you stole work from other people. Whatever you do, we'll find you.

And don't think you're safe behind your screen in your mother's basement: justice can find you for stuff you do on the Internet (trust me, I know what I'm taking about). Trying to sell a game with stolen material in it is illegal (possession of stolen goods), even on the Internet.

You still can remove plot's sprite from your game, and I'd recommand you do that. It's still not too late to get away without any more trouble -- just remove the sprite, and replace it by whatever you want.

Also, don't ever try to go into the video game industry.

The industry as a whole frown very much about this type of thing.

You won't ever land a job and everyone will know that you are a thief.

You have a long way to mature.

Tags: theplottwist 

anything