Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Halloween Playlist <Update>  (Read 3333 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« on: October 19, 2019, 12:01:36 AM »
I've been working on a playlist for my fiancee's lame Halloween party. I'm putting 45 Grave's "Party Time" on the list, but I need help picking between the original version about a murdered 5 year old girl -- which my fiancee prefers -- or the zombie version from Return Of The Living Dead. How vote ye?

Original Version

Soundtrack Version
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 05:17:14 AM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Halloween Playlist song, need to pick a version
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 10:07:57 AM »
Maybe your wife wants the original version because of the beginning's build-up segment which isn't in the Zombie version. It might work better for her party then the other which just jumps right into the song without the build-up to offer some form of impact. But I have to admit the Zombie version seems to have a more complete sound then the original version. What you could do is take the beginning piece from the original and splice it into the Zombie version. It's illegal I know, but for the party, one could go the extra mile just once.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
Re: Halloween Playlist song, need to pick a version
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 02:02:17 AM »
Ooh, I see what you mean about the beginning. I think you might be on to something there. Cuz yeah, I'm with you on the zombie version sounding more complete. There's also just something about the flow of the lyrics in the original that I personally don't care for. Thanks!

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 05:20:36 AM »
So I found a new version of the song which is a mix of the two already. So I just went with that version.  :D

I'm sick of YouTube now. It's 5am and I have to get up in 5 hours. So this is the list I settled on. It's organized by 7 hour-long blocks (the first four were intentional, the last three were just out of habit) with a 30+minute wind-down period (I say wind-down, even though it has the only death metal song in the list).

If you listen through it and find any significant dead air at the end of songs (I'm aware of any at the beginning) or other non-musical stuff, please let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLihDEa0ltcGmPOiP06JDlN2tqZyAuRJYf

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 09:28:07 AM »
So I found a new version of the song which is a mix of the two already. So I just went with that version.  :D

Awesomesauce  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything