Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848481 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1500 on: May 29, 2012, 10:15:13 PM »
Wow.

just wow.

I love the designs.

Trevor alone looks not too different from Kojima's trevor, interestingly enough.

And Simon still looks awesome, loving the beard.

In regards to Trevor = Alucard.

Consider that Trevor in the classic canon, was wounded by Dracula. Got a scar over his eye and chest, and in Judgement, they even gave him an eyepatch.

Simon himself was cursed by Dracula in their fight..

What if Trevor is like classic Trevor, wounded in his battle with Gabe, and cursed with vampirism? But instead of becoming Evil like Gabe, he retains his soul or humanity or something, and decides to fight against his destiny and curse, and therefore continues the fight against Gabe?

That could be his "fate" as far as the mirror is concerned.

I still dont get what the deal with the Combat Cross and Vampire Killer Whip.  Im wondering how exactly they will be different.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1501 on: May 29, 2012, 10:19:42 PM »
What I love the most is that the interview shows that MS did accept critisism, just about everything, platfforming,combat, atmosphere, everything was "corrected" it seems. And those last lines are veery confident sounding. But as they say, aim for the moon.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:21:15 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1502 on: May 29, 2012, 10:22:03 PM »
What I love the most is that the interview shows that MS did accepted critisism, just about everything, platfforming,combat, atmosphere, everything was "corrected" it seems. And those last lines are veery confident sounding. But as they say, aim to the moon.
Like I said before, if that critisism crosses over into LoS2, then we know for sure.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1503 on: May 29, 2012, 10:25:36 PM »
+1
Oh Yes God knows he's in.
But what did you expect? It's Trevor - I'm-so-hot-that-I-married-an-heretic-witch-in-a-single-night- Belmont

its awesome how easy it is to compare this pic with the one in the article. 

i'm really glad they kept the long brown hair for him, especially since in the Japanese manual for CV III he's described as a long haired individual.  it's so nice to be able to recognize him and Simon.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:29:05 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1504 on: May 29, 2012, 10:27:58 PM »
+1
its awesome how easy it is to compare this pic with the one in the article.
Indeed, they just fused Trevor with Alucard (in a good way) and repalced some leather with metal.
I mean, even the shirt is open in the chest in the same exact way.

This is slowly becoming the CV of my dreams, Lords2 must be utterly heavenly to top this.

Edit: Now that I look closer, the similarities are UNCANNY
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:35:29 PM by Ahasverus »

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1505 on: May 29, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »
Like I said before, if that critisism crosses over into LoS2, then we know for sure.

^ Yeah, totally. I was one of the biggest MS haters out there but this new info sounds just amazing, I'm really surprised that they are actually making the platforming more old-fashioned.

I guess if MoF is successful then LoS2 is going to follow a similar style, hopefully

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1506 on: May 29, 2012, 10:32:46 PM »
+2
i noticed there's an owl in Simon's picture.  i'll assume that an Owl is one of Simon's mystical guardians.  can't help but wonder - they're fusing Simon with - Maria?  Simon is the new beast-master.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:34:59 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1507 on: May 29, 2012, 10:33:48 PM »
Well, I just read the article and I admit somethings impressed me. I for one was pleased Coxy boy said most of the game is in the castle. I thought Trevor kinda looked Gabish but the new Simon look is interesting and I can deal with. I like the beard. I will just be patient and see how it turns out.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1508 on: May 29, 2012, 10:47:08 PM »
+3
Man after looking at Trevor and Simon im really eager to see what Dracul looks like.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1509 on: May 29, 2012, 10:51:47 PM »
+1
I have to agree, But LoS drac kinda looks like the artwork version of OoE's drac, minus his formwear, but body shape I mean, id love to see him all done up in his formal red and black suit that hes become familar for

I used to hate MS, but after finally getting down to beating LoS, its kinda grown on me, as in, its not so bad, I just had to play the game with CV64/LoI/CoD soundtrack though, I can only listen to the same 12 songs so many times in the actual game, so im hoping theres some classic music being reused or redone for this game.

on a side note, I wonder if Norio Wakamotto will voice the jap version of dracula still or if there even is a Jap voice cast
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:53:40 PM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1510 on: May 29, 2012, 10:58:22 PM »
i noticed there's an owl in Simon's picture.  i'll assume that an Owl is one of Simon's mystical guardians.  can't help but wonder - they're fusing Simon with - Maria?  Simon is the new beast-master.

He certainly looks the part. I hope he can summon bears.

Also just read about using more of the traditional platforming; especially excited that "combat can occur while platforming", which in my mind all but confirms Medusa Heads. EEEEEEEEEEEEE!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:00:03 PM by Munchy »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1511 on: May 29, 2012, 10:59:53 PM »
4channers, any new leak from our great pal the leak guy?

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1512 on: May 29, 2012, 11:04:17 PM »
any speculation on who the "lost soul" might be?  someone who died at the castle, such as Dr. Frankenstein, Carmilla, or Laura?

i also wonder, does this castle crumble like the original when its master dies?  a "creature of chaos" Castle is cool, but a castle that's stood the test of time is also cool.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1513 on: May 29, 2012, 11:06:21 PM »
Also just read about using more of the traditional platforming; especially excited that "combat can occur while platforming", which in my mind all but confirms Medusa Heads. EEEEEEEEEEEEE!
lol

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1514 on: May 29, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »
+2
My reaction to Trevor:  :o

Hooooooooooly crap. He looks freaking amazing. Not to mention he's hot for a game character.

Okay, I need to think rationally here and wait until I see more about this game just in case if it lets me down like LoS did but...I can't contain my excitement! This just looks really awesome. I am purchasing this issue of Nintendo Power, and I never buy magazines anymore. I remember when I bought Nintendo Power magazines with OoE and PoR on the front a long time ago. Not sure if I still have those or not, I hope I do.

As for the whole Alucard = Trevor thing...I'm oddly okay with that if it turns out that way. I'd rather it not turn out that way, but I wouldn't mind it. Maybe I can accept it because it could make sense for this timeline.

Tags: .....? 

anything