Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848441 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1560 on: May 30, 2012, 11:14:44 AM »
Who's "Dracul?"
The lord of all vampires....

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1561 on: May 30, 2012, 11:17:26 AM »
+1
You mean Dracula? I thought I already explained this.

lol @ ahasverus for giving me these -1's. good times bro!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:30:03 AM by Crisis »

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1562 on: May 30, 2012, 11:49:49 AM »
You mean Dracula? I thought I already explained this.

lol @ ahasverus for giving me these -1's. good times bro!

Nah it makes sense in this game.

Dracula ( son of the dragon )
Dracul ( the dragon )

You would picture the actual vampire lord would be the first not the son of... I think I'm making sense.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1563 on: May 30, 2012, 11:58:49 AM »
Ahh! From what I can tell, the new Nintendo Power is out with the Castlevania cover story, and yet mine has not come in the mail yet! I can't comment until I see this new issue, which should be very interesting. (The game is already getting some negative press as not following the "presentation" of Castlevania that gave the series such "success.") Hmm... It's so tempting to fish around the net for info, but I don't want to totally spoil the issue. So see y'all later!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1564 on: May 30, 2012, 11:59:04 AM »
So why would the artwork in LoS label him as Dracula? Disrepancy on MercurySteam's part, or the fans speculating way too much?

This reminds me how everyone was sure Vlad kills Mathias & takes his name right after LoI came out.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1565 on: May 30, 2012, 12:04:36 PM »
+3
It looks almost perfect to me.

I still remember the promising trailers of LoS that turned out pretty misleading. There's lots of cool early stuff here, but to me it ultimately boils down what sort of preferences the released game caters to; are the really Vaniaish stuff going to be the appetizers or the main course?

It seems they listened to the fanbase and I doubt they'd be stupid enough to pull any more bait and switches. But my point is, I'm not gonna jump to the roof before I've played the game. It's still just a couple of years ago when lots of people felt a similar rush with early info on LoS getting out. And the game turned out to not meet those expectations.

Hype feels nice and I'm eager to play this game. Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. But I don't think I'm a buzzkill by being cautiously optimistic. Or optimistically cautious.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1566 on: May 30, 2012, 12:08:06 PM »
+1
has any castelvania game lived up to the hype on its release, with all the pre-release hype?
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1567 on: May 30, 2012, 12:08:57 PM »
So why would the artwork in LoS label him as Dracula? Disrepancy on MercurySteam's part, or the fans speculating way too much?

Dracula calls himself "Dracul." No discrepancy, he just has a big ego.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1568 on: May 30, 2012, 12:10:07 PM »
has any castelvania game lived up to the hype on its release, with all the pre-release hype?

Nope.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1569 on: May 30, 2012, 12:11:16 PM »
How many CVs were hyped the way LoS was? Don't mean to drag out old stinky cans of worms, but it wasn't just about the hype. It was also about getting misleading information and mixed comments. It wasn't just fans egging each other on.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1570 on: May 30, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »
At first I'll admit LoS burned me pretty good, the game was dark and what not ok I thought, this seems castlevania, but the biggest thing was when the music was absent, and the hollywood score was there instead
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1571 on: May 30, 2012, 12:23:18 PM »
May 30, 2012, 12:23:18 PM - Hidden.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1572 on: May 30, 2012, 12:23:54 PM »
Nope.

Symphony of the night?
It was pretty damn revolutionary for the castlevania series. So many hidden nuggets and cool features.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1573 on: May 30, 2012, 12:24:45 PM »
+2
The reboot wasn`t necessary. The series had established timeline and characters. Now some idiot thought they will launch a new series with the same name, make it kind of similar in some aspects, take those established characters and mix them up into a vomit. This cannot absolutely be welcomed by me. Something like that was done with Silent Hill: Shattered memories and it was ridiculous. All of these ″reboots″ are ffffing stupid and I consider it as raping of the original games, story lines and characters.

They could at least have been a bit original and made:
1.new stories in established CV timeline or
2.new characters or
3.entirely new game and not take a famous franchise name to get more money and attention

So, yeah, I am bitching and I have a right to say what I think. I would really like to want these new games..I would be very excited if it wasn`t like it is. But it`s wrong, it is just wrong.

A reboot was necessary. The series was getting ridiculously crowded and...well more and more ridiculous. Seriously....a castle in an eclipse?...

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1574 on: May 30, 2012, 12:28:11 PM »
LoS didn't look like Castlevania from the very beginning though. Now this looks like they are really trying at least

Tags: .....?