Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848434 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1650 on: May 30, 2012, 07:14:33 PM »
+1
Honesty I see LotR in LoS. Those pictures made me think of Minas Tirith/Morgul and Lothlorien.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1651 on: May 30, 2012, 07:15:58 PM »
I didn't care for the inclusion of goblins. Why goblins? I don't think of goblins, strange enough, when I think of Castlevania. Again, I'm kinda particular about medieval settings. I'm kinda fine and dandy if it was an RPG or something. But that's just me. That's why I'm kinda wanting this new LoS series to shy away from the middle ages into something, not necessarily MODERN, but more gothic and edging into the 1600s-1800s. Something past "Ye Olde" world of faerie legends and thick iron armored knights, something more Baroque to Victorian inspired. Though, like I said, that's just me. I was never a fan of "Medieval Castlevania". You couldn't tell in the original series mainly because they blurred the lines of time(even the oldest set games, like LoI, CV3 and CoD felt less "Ye Olde" in that resepct). I AM interested in seeing if Cox and Alvarez want to do a game set in the 1800s. You probably are all aware of my interest in that, LOL.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:21:05 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1652 on: May 30, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »
Honesty I see LotR in LoS. Those pictures made me think of Minas Tirith/Morgul and Lothlorien.

Really?

I didn't care for the inclusion of goblins. Why goblins? I don't think of goblins, strange enough, when I think of Castlevania. Again, I'm kinda particular about medieval settings. I'm kinda fine and dandy if it was an RPG or something. But that's just me. That's why I'm kinda wanting this new LoS series to shy away from the middle ages into something, not necessarily MODERN, but more gothic and edging into the 1600s-1800s. Something past "Ye Olde" world of faerie legends and thick iron armored knights, something more Baroque to Victorian inspired. Though, like I said, that's just me. I was never a fan of "Medieval Castlevania". You couldn't tell in the original series mainly because they blurred the lines of time(even the oldest set games, like LoI, CV3 and CoD felt less "Ye Olde" in that resepct). I AM interested in seeing if Cox and Alvarez want to do a game set in the 1800s. You probably are all aware of my interest in that, LOL.

I wasn't a huge fan of the goblins either. Would be fun to see an 1800's game, though
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:57:41 PM by e105beta »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1653 on: May 30, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »
+1
Yeah I do but that's just me. Not to mention it's kinda what I pictured in the books. In LoS defense LotR is like the father of fantasy. So, I think it's possible for LotR themes to make an appearance in a lot of fantasy and just not LoS.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:48:03 PM by GuyStarwind »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1654 on: May 30, 2012, 07:47:09 PM »
+2
Yeah I do but that's just me. In LoS defense LotR is like the father of fantasy. So, I think it's possible for LotR themes to make an appearance in a lot of fantasy and just not LoS.

Fair enough. I can't deny that LoS is more fantasy than its predecessors.

I guess the difference is that I don't see it as this big massive sin. Not saying you do, but I know at least one person who does.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:50:53 PM by e105beta »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1655 on: May 30, 2012, 07:57:56 PM »
+2
I think they don't care for it because it's different. Honestly I'm easy. I like LotR so I don't see the problem.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1656 on: May 30, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »
+5
I hope Simon says "What a horrible night to have a curse". That would make me feel warm and fuzzy
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1657 on: May 30, 2012, 07:59:10 PM »
+1
Well, I dont remember what Cox may have said regarding LoS, but for MoF he said that it would be mostly in the castle. And if there were almost everyone agrees is that the Castle sections really looked like Castlevania, and a really pretty one. I wonder if we'll get some sort of "botanic" zone (considering the eternal snowstorms surrounding the Castle)

Also, I said something like this sometime ago, but I wish that LoS3 is actually a prequel with the founders (a tribute to Castlevania 3). Idk, the reboot makes me feel like the timeline is so...free and that (so far) Dracula is more of a threat than the classic timeline one (who got ressurected like 10 times in a century to die 5 minutes later) I think that the willingness of MS to use someone else besides him as endboss may something to do with it

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1658 on: May 30, 2012, 08:11:44 PM »
I hope Simon says "What a horrible night to have a curse". That would make me feel warm and fuzzy
I hope Trevor and Simon have their respective theme songs, Beginning and Theme of Simon.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1659 on: May 30, 2012, 08:19:55 PM »
If Alucard is separate than Trevor, and Trevor's the older "human" brother, and Alucard is the younger "dhampir" brother, it could most definitely be an interesting relationship. While I was against Dracula being the Belmont's father(like in Legends, the blood relative/ancestor), if Gabriel is Trevor's father, but Trevor doesn't have Gabe's dark power(because he was born prior to Gabe becoming Dracula), I'd find that, personally, more easy to swallow than "the reason why Belmonts are powerful is because they have SOME vampire blood coursing through their veins".

Yea I agree.

The only thing I would change is the sibling rivalry between the 2.

I would like it to unfold like,

Trevor fights through the castle and finally makes it to Gabula.

Somehow Gabula has found out Trevor is his son and thus a Luke and Darthvader moment is created with "I am your father Trevor" with Trevor reacting "nooooooo this can't be". Afterwards I expect Trevor to defeat him with Gabula offering him a chance to turn to the darkside and join him with Trevor turning the offer down and leaving Gabula in the crumbling Castle.

Afterwards the second part of the game can pick up with the introduction of Alucard and the explaination that Gabula wanting a son and after having Trevor turn his back on him goes out and has a sexy night with a human women and thus his half breed son is born that he himself raises in the dark arts (similar to how the classic Dracula raised Alucard). the beginning of the game can begin with Alucard still on Gabula's side and killing monsters who is trying to overthrow his father, but something happens in the story to change Alucard's view of his father. He could then meet the ghost of his older brother Trevor who has passed on since then who gives him some words of encouragement or some shit and makes Alucard want to change and fight on the side of humans.

The climax of the Alucard Story could be him turning on Gabula and beating him in the final battle with Gabula once again being betrayed by a son and sinking into a even deeper bit of depression and darkness which would lead to him doing something in the future that would piss Simon off and turn him into the vengeful guy he is.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1660 on: May 30, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »
I hope Trevor and Simon have their respective theme songs, Beginning and Theme of Simon.

Some may argue that Trevor's actual theme is Belmont the Legend from CoD.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:21:40 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1661 on: May 30, 2012, 08:25:33 PM »
+1
If Simon's Theme is in it, I hope it'll be a full-blown epic orchestral version a la Chronicles.  :D

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1662 on: May 30, 2012, 08:40:22 PM »
I loved the Chronicles version of Simon's Theme it gave me goosebumps when I heard it. If I had it my way I would want Trevor to say "Holy power!" like he does in CoD. For some reason I love that line.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1663 on: May 30, 2012, 08:44:50 PM »
If Simon's Theme is in it, I hope it'll be a full-blown epic orchestral version a la Chronicles.  :D
I'll always prefer the version of his theme from IV and Bloodlines.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1664 on: May 30, 2012, 08:53:49 PM »
The castle in LoS reminded me of the Castle from Van helsing movie, 3 towers, all snowy and blowing, giant chains, but I loved the gothic design of the castle in LoS, it was huge, and the Castle in every game basicly since it could had a formal yet gothic design to it, Dracula maybe a demon, but hes been labled the "prince of darkness" "king of demons" etc, so its safe to assume in the demon relm, Dracula Is hailed as a savour to them, (at least the original timeline dracula) for rebeling against god, this new one seems to rebeled against satan, but even so Vlad Tepes if my readings were right, adopted Christianity after his first exile. and was a holy knight Like gabe, but all in all I do love gothic design in buildings, it just brings a sense of class not seen anymore, though im also fond of victorian era things to (hence my home in rl)

as for simon's theme, the first time I ever heard it was Castlevania Bloodlines
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Tags: .....? 

anything