Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848671 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1920 on: June 04, 2012, 10:18:04 PM »
+1
There's hardly no music to speak of in that trailer. I wonder what the music will sound like in the stages. I bet it's gonna sound pretty much like LoS. Oh Mercury Steam, why do you hate catchy melodies?  :-\

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1921 on: June 04, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »
+2
@Neobelmont, e105beta

I wonder if we're watching the same trailer. It sure doesn't seem like it.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1922 on: June 04, 2012, 10:20:56 PM »
+1
Man the Belmont clan in this universe is rather screwed up.

Trevor has a vampire god as a father

Simon has to deal with the possibility of his father becoming a vampire

Marie had to lie about her pregnancy from Gabriel

It's like a episode of Maury: The undead edition.

There's hardly no music to speak of in that trailer. I wonder what the music will sound like in the stages. I bet it's gonna sound pretty much like LoS. Oh Mercury Steam, why do you hate catchy melodies?  :-\

According to our leaker, he said don't expect catchy, poppy tunes in this game cause it pretty sounds like Lords of shadow.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:26:24 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1923 on: June 04, 2012, 10:23:15 PM »
Yeah, and it's only the cutscenes that have this "problem" which makes me think its intentional. The gameplay animation is super fluid.

I rather liked the art-style. Nice storybook look to it.

Like you said a storybook presentation  like a "The Legends of the Belmont's" Book.LoS also had that story book thing going on as well. But either way this looks top quality .
@Neobelmont, e105beta

We are just different opinions that's all  ;)

To me I think overall the whole package looks wonderful. It's one hell of a step up and we have not even seen the camera functions yet.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:27:47 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1924 on: June 04, 2012, 10:25:54 PM »
+2
Anyone else instantly think of Gobanz from Castlevania: The Adventure when seeing that red armor?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1925 on: June 04, 2012, 10:27:27 PM »
@Neobelmont, e105beta

I'd have to ask the same question then. The only issue I can see is with the cutscenes, and again, I think that's intentional to get the story book feel.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1926 on: June 04, 2012, 10:29:25 PM »
+2
Am I the only one who likes how they handled Trevor's origin? It might seem a little cliche, but as long as we have the Belmonts vs Dracula I really cannot complain.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1927 on: June 04, 2012, 10:31:23 PM »
Am I the only one who likes how they handled Trevor's origin? It might seem a little cliche, but as long as we have the Belmonts vs Dracula I really cannot complain.

No I like it too. It feels more personal than the conflict in the old timeline, where Leon vows his family against Matthias and it's not for 300 or so years that they actually fight Dracula.

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1928 on: June 04, 2012, 10:50:44 PM »
+1
this game should totally have some catchy tunes IMO, it would be a mistake for MS if they avoid it.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1929 on: June 04, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »
Judging by the trailer, Trevor probably gets trapped/converted/whatever once he meets dear old dad. When Simon decides to trek on in himself, he encounters/awakens/maybe even fights a possibly brainwashed Rovertucard and they enter some sort of partnership.

Smells like CVIII, only with Trevor going all Alucard and Simon taking the role of... well, Trevor. I wonder who the other two playable characters will be and how they will compare, assuming that Alucard-Trevor isn't one of the 4.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1930 on: June 04, 2012, 10:55:19 PM »
+1
I like how the story in this timeline is a little more eprsonal, and they are giving each character a personality. That's a nice change and I hope it influences next entries in the series  :)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1931 on: June 04, 2012, 11:04:58 PM »
so since Trevor apparently failed on his mission, does that mean everyone has been living under the tyranny of Dracula for many years since Simon came to the Castle?  is humanity on the brink of extinction?  we've never seen what would happen if a Belmont ever failed.  or does this Dracula just want to be left alone?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1932 on: June 04, 2012, 11:05:47 PM »
Judging by the trailer, Trevor probably gets trapped/converted/whatever once he meets dear old dad. When Simon decides to trek on in himself, he encounters/awakens/maybe even fights a possibly brainwashed Rovertucard and they enter some sort of partnership.

Smells like CVIII, only with Trevor going all Alucard and Simon taking the role of... well, Trevor. I wonder who the other two playable characters will be and how they will compare, assuming that Alucard-Trevor isn't one of the 4.

If this indeed a throwback to Dracula's Curse, then it's the perfect time to bring back Grant Dynasty in a non Judgement way.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1933 on: June 04, 2012, 11:07:14 PM »
Gameplay (what was seen of it) looks not bad, but I don't like those cutscenes a bit. Maybe they'll grow up on me later.

As for the story - I like it. Don't see nothing to complain about. Maybe because I look at LOS as separate dimension and not comparing it to old canon.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1934 on: June 04, 2012, 11:21:33 PM »
so since Trevor apparently failed on his mission, does that mean everyone has been living under the tyranny of Dracula for many years since Simon came to the Castle?  is humanity on the brink of extinction?  we've never seen what would happen if a Belmont ever failed.  or does this Dracula just want to be left alone?

It's possible Trevor did not sound too confident for his upcoming battle against Gabriel. Humans maybe not extinction what about maybe those who challenge Dracula die while the other are forced into slavery or something. A Belmont failing is a very interesting, and as for Gabriel he just seems pissed off. A quite type of pissed, but pissed none the less.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Tags: .....? 

anything