Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848944 times)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2085 on: June 05, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »
context-sensitive qtes are a-okay in my book

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2086 on: June 05, 2012, 06:01:42 PM »
shut up thernz  >:(

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2087 on: June 05, 2012, 06:02:55 PM »
not that i "really" think Simon's mother is Sypha, but since she apparently also killed by Dracula's forces, it's "possible" she really got turned into stone instead of killed.  presuming she's not playable, she could always be happily restored at the end of the game.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2088 on: June 05, 2012, 06:09:20 PM »
Not expecting it but I'd like LoS versions of the respective character themes such as "Beginning", "Simon's Theme" and others.

Would be nice but I doubt it.

EDIT: Also Simon can't use magic so I don't think Sypha is a viable option, unless Sypha never knew magic in this timeline to begin with.

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2089 on: June 05, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
What's the deal? I thought Mirror of Fate might be a more apologetic CV turn for the LoS franchise...yet this gameplay info and the previous Spanish article where MS talked themselves up and said it's more inspired by LoS than Castlevania...what gives? It seems like they don't even consider LoS to be related to Castlevania, despite the name being there. It's like they think it needs a reboot so hard that it needs to be a totally new franchise with only the slightest vestiges/shout-outs to the origin of its Castlevania title. It really makes one think back to the early art of LoS, where it looked more like an Arthurian legend or something. I know they say LoS was Castlevania from the start, and carted out that old Simon promo video, but this really makes me concerned about their commitment to "Castlevania" versus creating a "medieval/high fantasy action-adventure game."

I'll need to see this thing in motion, but the more I hear, the less sure I am.

Plus, guess this means LoS2 is not very far along; no gameplay there at all, I think.

I dont like it cause Castlevania is NOT Final Fight nor God of War or Devil may... wait...

Well either way, day one buy cause I collect the games, still not very fond of LoS and from what they seem to be taking it to MoF and LoS2.

Glad that the nightmare may end at LoS2  ;D
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #2090 on: June 05, 2012, 06:15:27 PM »
*concerning the God/Devil masks, wtf happened with that plot device? Now there's this mystical mirror(s), but what about the masks?? I NEED TO KNOW

God Mask got taken with Marie when she ascended into the afterlife, if I remember correctly. I assume Gabe still has the Devil Mask since Zobek left it behind.

Mirror of Fate will just be another MacGuffin to use for one game, like the Obsidian & Crimson Stones in Lament. No purpose than to drive one game's plot.

However, if Marie could see into the future that Gabe was going to go all dark and broody evil and hid their son away because of it, don't you think she should have seen that she was...ya know...gonna die and kinda cause it all to happen in the first place? (or is that going to be hand-waved as "A Part of Her Fate" bullshit? I really hate those weak excuses for "deep plot".)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2091 on: June 05, 2012, 06:18:39 PM »
heh, i'm "always" up for something a little different.  "how would Lords of Shadow play like in 2D" is an interesting question that I'm glad I'll be able to get the answer to.  Mercury Steam should be the group that explores this question while they're still making Castlevania games.  they should put their best foot forward with the games they make the best.  we'll move pass this deviation soon enough.

while i won't be playing a game in the style i prefer, i'll be soaking up the atmosphere and references to past Castlevania stuff, and have plenty of fun along the way.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:23:59 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2092 on: June 05, 2012, 06:19:27 PM »
don't know how anyone can deny trevor=alucard after that trailer. they basically SHOWED it to us.

-trevor leaves, never comes back
-simon goes to avenge his father
-simon sees a dude with his father's combat cross
-dude with combat cross has flowing white hair and trevor's voice, says he'll help simon...

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2093 on: June 05, 2012, 06:21:40 PM »
+1
But it's important to remember that it's still a LoS game, so while the gameplay might be trying to appeal to that crowd, the story needs to mesh with LoS and LoS2, which aren't taking any precautions against radical changes

I've gotta believe that a decent amount of the people they're trying to appeal to with the gameplay also might be offended by anything too divergent in the story as well. Frankly I don't much care if they do it, but I know people who do.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2094 on: June 05, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »
don't know how anyone can deny trevor=alucard after that trailer. they basically SHOWED it to us.

-trevor leaves, never comes back
-simon goes to avenge his father
-simon sees a dude with his father's combat cross
-dude with combat cross has flowing white hair and trevor's voice, says he'll help simon...

Yep it's pretty much out in the open. I was hoping, deeply hoping that Trevor and Alucard were seperate people but I guess he did become a vampire and that reflection in his sword was just used for dramatic effect. Maybe im being too hard on the concept of Alucard being Trevor, I might warm up to it eventually like I did with Gabriel being Dracula.

At least I can look at the bright side, Trevor get's badass wolf and mist powers according to the rumors.  :)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2095 on: June 05, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
+3
I remember back in the day, when I would get 'grabbed' (or even touched) by an enemy I'd just take damage...
You know, like a Man. :P

My fault for getting grabbed.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2096 on: June 05, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »
+1
Well until I see Trevor undergo his "transformation" I'll still be in denial.  It's just how I am.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2097 on: June 05, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the article mention four playable characters plus "a lost soul" who plays an important part in the story?

I'm calling this: the lost soul is Trevor after turning into what we know as "Alucard" and the other 2 characters are human Belmonts.
If we're going to count Alucard as a separate character, then we'd be getting 5...but it's still Trevor technically, so we'll get 4 descendants of Gabriel.

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2098 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:22 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the article mention four playable characters plus "a lost soul" who plays an important part in the story?

I'm calling this: the lost soul is Trevor after turning into what we know as "Alucard" and the other 2 characters are human Belmonts.
If we're going to count Alucard as a separate character, then we'd be getting 5...but it's still Trevor technically, so we'll get 4 descendants of Gabriel.

4 character still seems like way too many to me, especially considering they're all supposed to be Belmonts.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #2099 on: June 05, 2012, 06:57:32 PM »
4 character still seems like way too many to me, especially considering they're all supposed to be Belmonts.

that's what I said.

Meanwhile I am trying to get the new issue of nintendo power on the site it goes on sale today but I do not see it on https://shop.futureus.com/

The "but this issue now"from np takes you straight there do I have to wait till next week or what to order it?

I even called future and nothing  :(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Tags: .....?