Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848379 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2355 on: June 06, 2012, 06:29:55 PM »
Is there anyway to sort of rewind and look from the start?

Though now they're talking about EPIC MICKEY, which I'm looking forward to as well :D

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2356 on: June 06, 2012, 06:30:17 PM »
..I think the game looks awesome personally, 1st day purchase for me. So is a different Belmont Alucard or is it/was he Trevor?  Looks like Trevor to me...

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2357 on: June 06, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »
glad i got the tail end of the Castlevania video.  enjoyed the Luigi's mansion presentation too, i want to download the demo on my 3DS, but the 3DS doesn't like my hotel's wifi. 

one thing i'm not digging about MoF is the goofy title screen with the Lost Soul on it.  ugh, it's got its charm, but don't start to equate it with the game by putting it in the logo.  guess CV needed a new mascot.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2358 on: June 06, 2012, 06:32:19 PM »
Im gonna take a shot in the dark and say Trevor did die at Dracula's castle and something/someone brought him back as Alucard.

Well that's my guess.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2359 on: June 06, 2012, 06:33:18 PM »
Alucard was revealed in the extended trailer.

Tuned in late and didn't see it. I don't suppose it's anywhere else right now?

That said, really looking forward to this game. I'm glad that the whip swinging seems less scripted than its predecessor. Seems like a fairly early build though, if the downgraded LoS1 music and Gabriel grunts are any indication.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2360 on: June 06, 2012, 06:35:57 PM »
+1
It might be Sonia. *shrug*

I wouldnt mind it if she looked like this

I actually understand Cecil Kain's reaction given how LoS1 was inspired by SCIV apperently. But not so long ago, Cox defended this by saying that doesn't mean LoS is a straight up copy of that game. So we shouldn't expect that here either.

Wasnt PoR was inspired in CV3? Just sayin'

What I note of the translation of Alverez's interview, is that he said Konami came to him and gave him total freedom to do what he wanted with the series. You have to wonder, how much did IGA piss the execs at Konami headquarters for them to take everything from him and dump it on someone else and say "Here it is, go nuts."?

It really made it sound like Konami wants nothing to do with IGA running Castlevania anymore and that the old canon is probably a lost cause.

Because IGAvania sales are quite...laughable

Cox just confirmed on his Twitter that Sypha is Trevor's wife...

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2361 on: June 06, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »
I figured they would use voice clips from Lords as placeholders. The first previews for DXC used Richter's PoR voice clips as placeholders, and every BGM was Beginning for some reason.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #2362 on: June 06, 2012, 06:37:10 PM »
+1
One hell of a opening to start with cv it got some applause

And that was the extended trailer Alucard looks awesome  :)

The comments made me laugh bring zelda,pokemon, and freaking animal crossing are you kidding me, then again some fans cannot respect other franchises or at least tolerate them huh  :(  , but over all it sounds like a strong reception over all  :D
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2363 on: June 06, 2012, 06:38:01 PM »
I figured they would use voice clips from Lords as placeholders. The first previews for DXC used Richter's PoR voice clips as placeholders, and every BGM was Beginning for some reason.

So the music and sound effects from the demo are placeholders after all? He confirmed that?

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2364 on: June 06, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »
So apparently this game is going to be a rip.. er re-imagining of Dracula's Curse, according to Cox's Presentation on Nintendo's website.  Sypha looks to be the last playable character.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2365 on: June 06, 2012, 06:40:26 PM »
+1
Quote from: Sumac
Rock arrangements, rock arrangements everywhere.
You sure you're not confusing Judgment with HD? *points to Beginning, Clockwork, Iron Blue Intention, and Dance of Illusions*
...Gah, fuck mobile, I can't quote posts properly. :-/
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2366 on: June 06, 2012, 06:42:13 PM »
they were both like that

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2367 on: June 06, 2012, 06:43:32 PM »
Alucard definitely looked like an undead Trevor.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2368 on: June 06, 2012, 06:43:43 PM »
Is there anyway to sort of rewind and look from the start?

Though now they're talking about EPIC MICKEY, which I'm looking forward to as well :D

They might archive the video later on, or at another site like Gamespot, after it's over...Or maybe they'll have just the segments like the extended trailer on this same Nintendo E3 website.

Anyway, it was interesting to see the mainstream chat audience's reaction. A lot of people weren't digging it, showing how out of touch we are in terms of thinking the franchise is relevant. lol. One person said it was God of War for 3DS. lol.

Anyway, the show goes on...Um, where's Contra?  :P (Nintendo Power still has it listed as TBA for 3DS, which started before the 3DS launched)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:46:08 PM by RichterB »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2369 on: June 06, 2012, 06:44:28 PM »

Tags: .....?