Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849099 times)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2715 on: June 09, 2012, 07:26:07 PM »
+1
The most likely candidate is Richiter, since he's one of the more well-known Belmonts in gaming

lol well Alucard would be extremely out-of-place if he was wearing the dapper outfit he's known for. this armor suits him perfectly given the time period imo
but then he's shirtless so that kinda throws logic out of the window

but maybe that's just a thing with vampires considering carmilla and dracula

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2716 on: June 09, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »
Maybe they arent really dead. Maybe they actually cold blooded creatures that need to be half naked or covered with great masses of hair/fur to get the heat the need.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2717 on: June 09, 2012, 11:14:18 PM »
I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment but I'd love for the third character to be Sypha wielding her staff in a crazy kung-fu manner, like Ryu Hayabusa does with the lunar staff in Ninja Gaiden.

But this also begs the question, how would a third whip be different from the leather VK and Combat Cross?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #2718 on: June 09, 2012, 11:40:14 PM »
I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment but I'd love for the third character to be Sypha wielding her staff in a crazy kung-fu manner, like Ryu Hayabusa does with the lunar staff in Ninja Gaiden.

Get ready then, because Cox already said she's not playable. At least she's in the game as Trevor's wife. If she hadn't been there may have been riots by unruly CV fans everywhere.
"Stuff and things."

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2719 on: June 10, 2012, 12:29:23 AM »
Get ready then, because Cox already said she's not playable. At least she's in the game as Trevor's wife. If she hadn't been there may have been riots by unruly CV fans everywhere.

I'm still ransacking my brain trying to figure out who the last character is going to be.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2720 on: June 10, 2012, 12:31:20 AM »
Last character is a Belmont, according to interviews, so the candidate is here: http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Belmont_clan

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2721 on: June 10, 2012, 12:36:42 AM »
Last character is a Belmont, according to interviews, so the candidate is here: http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Belmont_clan

Well in that case it's obviously going to be Solieyu. Maybe Desmond. I'm hoping for Desmond.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #2722 on: June 10, 2012, 12:41:16 AM »
+1
I bet on Richter with the possibility to use his martial arts techniques.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2723 on: June 10, 2012, 12:44:20 AM »
I'm still ransacking my brain trying to figure out who the last character is going to be.

Since the chances are it's a heavy hitter of a character not one of the lesser ones it very possible that it is Richter for MoF, afterwards for LoS2 it can be Christopher or a new Belmont then Julius if this is the last game in the LoSverse it must at one point take place in the present in the end.

I bet on Richter with the possibility to use his martial arts techniques.

Edit Fits perfect for MoF directional imput combos all ready different from Trevor and Simon.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:46:22 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2724 on: June 10, 2012, 12:51:54 AM »
so the candidate is here: http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Belmont_clan

or is it?
Remember that Dracula is a Belmont in the LOS universe which means that Alucard could be the third Belmont character which Cox was talking about.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2725 on: June 10, 2012, 12:55:32 AM »
Well, we already know Alucard was the fan favorite. It must be someone else.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2726 on: June 10, 2012, 01:33:13 AM »
Anyone think the last playable character (I think it was speculated already) could be Gabriel himself? I can't think of any other reason why they'd keep the last person secret, unless they'll do it to generate more buzz before release or something. Maybe the game just jumps into the other characters' stories first, then Gabriel is revealed to explain loose ends/events between LoS and MoF, etc. during his part of the story.

Eh, Gabriel probably isn't a playable character at all, but I have a feeling that fans will be let down when the last one is revealed.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:36:00 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2727 on: June 10, 2012, 01:50:02 AM »
So basically the playable characters in Mirror of fate is: Trevor,Simon,The other belmont and alucard.
Is alucard confirmed to be playable or something?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2728 on: June 10, 2012, 02:04:42 AM »
So basically the playable characters in Mirror of fate is: Trevor,Simon,The other belmont and alucard.
Is alucard confirmed to be playable or something?
Yes, cf. last trailer (the extended one).

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #2729 on: June 10, 2012, 02:11:24 AM »

Unless Cox is misleading us and Alucard counts as a Belmont. XD

Tags: .....?