Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849015 times)

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3615 on: August 15, 2012, 06:18:29 PM »
I'm going to quote Cox word for word on QTE: "Personally I don't like QTE's. I like to feel as if I'm in control." (Source: Eurogamer Article, May 2010)

To my knowledge, he only said he didn't like them and how qtes would not be the main staple of the battles. It's really out of fairness that I feel compelled to point out that Cox allegedly outright lied about something intentionally, and no one can ever site with a quote what the hell it is.

Back to MoF: one of the recurring themes in LOS is that in order to defeat darkness, one really has to become dark. It would really keep in line with the whole "epic tragedy" purpose of the saga if Trevor fell into darkness too
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:22:35 PM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3616 on: August 15, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »

To my knowledge, he only said he didn't like them and how qtes would not be the main staple of the battles. It's really out of fairness that I feel compelled to point out that Cox allegedly outright lied about something intentionally, and no one can ever site with a quote what the hell it is.

It's still a lie, as QTE's are a staple at many points in the game. Some even cause you to instantly die if you fail, or have to do an entire phase over.

Granted, he's implied that QTE's in Mirror of Fate help get rid of enemies quicker, but that better be it. I don't want more of this pathetic timing game to determine if I kill a boss or not. That has nothing to do with skill and was single-handhandedly the most atrocious thing about the game.

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3617 on: August 15, 2012, 06:30:24 PM »
I'm going to quote Cox word for word on QTE: "Personally I don't like QTE's. I like to feel as if I'm in control." (Source: Eurogamer Article, May 2010)

Back to MoF: one of the recurring themes in LOS is that in order to defeat darkness, one really has to become dark. It would really keep in line with the whole "epic tragedy" purpose of the saga if Trevor fell into darkness too

it is funny to see folks use cox's twitter as some sort of reference, set in stone. LOL

ah... and you are definately on to something with that. you don't tango with the devil and come out unscathed. and just like any movie i've ever seen where the devil was invovled, it never ended well... for anybody.

i have my theories... but... i have no cojones to put them out there LOL

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3618 on: August 15, 2012, 06:39:28 PM »
Now I kinda feel bad for Simon now. His mother is dead, his grandfather is the king of the night and his father becomes some type of dark humanioid, who can't possibly return home looking like....the way he does as Nelocard.

The Belmont clan must have it rough in the future.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:45:57 PM by Kingshango »

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3619 on: August 15, 2012, 06:43:35 PM »
We clearly define "staples" in different manners. They existed, but not to a degree to ruin the realtime experience, nor did it dominate in the battles. I fail to see how that's s lie...and that's just not something we can ever agree upon. Thank you though for clarifying what people are siting for Cox's lie.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3620 on: August 15, 2012, 06:44:11 PM »
Now I kinda feel bad for Simon now. His mother is dead, his grandfather is the king of the night and his father becomes some type of dark humanioid, who can't possibly return home looking like....the way he does as Nelocard.

The Belmont clan mush have it rough in the future.

Julius in LoS2 or bust.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #3621 on: August 15, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »

The Belmont clan mush have it rough in the future.

i feel terrible bad for marie now... i used to hate her guts for lying all the while making poor gabe believe he could be with her again.... but she HAD to lie. ugh... i feel sick to my stomach about it... about a video game! HAHA...

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #3622 on: August 15, 2012, 06:58:39 PM »
+6
i feel terrible bad for marie now... i used to hate her guts for lying all the while making poor gabe believe he could be with her again.... but she HAD to lie. ugh... i feel sick to my stomach about it... about a video game! HAHA...

Why did she HAVE to lie? Because a bunch of stuffy old guys from the Brotherhood of Light told her that her beloved and heroic husband would turn into a vampire lord and that she had to hide their only child to fight his father in the future?

Brotherhood Elder: "Sooo, yeah. You saw it. You're gonna die and he's going to turn into a vampire. *cough*After saving the world from complete darkness, freeing all the souls in limbo, and saving the world AGAIN from being destroyed by an eldritch abomination.*cough* Yup, you're going to have to accept that and hide your kid so he can kill his Evil!Dad when he's grown up."

Marie: "Oh, well, ok. I love my husband, but it's not like I can tell him everything about what I've seen and maybe help change our fates. I'll die, and then I STILL won't tell him we have a hidden son, so that he might have a shred of hope left in the world and won't allow himself to become a evil vampire."

Elder: "Good, as long as we both understand that. No telling him nothin', remember. Fates can't be changed. Ever. At all. Except for those times when they can be due to muddling destinies and crossing paths and whatnot. But that...peh...that's an oldschool way of thinking."

Honestly, unless they have a really convincing way of explaining how there really was no other way to do things, and they just end up hand-waving it away as "IT'S FATE!" and nothing more, it's a stupid, stupid premise.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:02:43 PM by Sindra »

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #3623 on: August 15, 2012, 07:02:10 PM »
Why did she HAVE to lie? Because a bunch of stuffy old guys from the Brotherhood of Light told her that her beloved and heroic husband would turn into a vampire lord and that she had to hide their only child to fight his father in the future?

Brotherhood Elder: "Sooo, yeah. You saw it. You're gonna die and he's going to turn into a vampire. *cough*After saving the world from complete darkness, freeing all the souls in limbo, and saving the world AGAIN from being destroyed by an eldritch abomination.*cough* Yup, you're going to have to accept that and hide your kid so he can kill his Evil!Dad when he's grown up."

Marie: "Oh, well, ok. I love my husband, but it's not like I can tell him everything about what I've seen and maybe help change our fates. I'll die, and then I STILL won't tell him we have a hidden son, so that he might have a shred of hope left in the world and won't allow himself to become a evil vampire."

Elder: "Good, as long as we both understand that. No telling him nothin', remember. Fates can't be changed. Ever. At all. Except for those times when they can be due to muddling destinies and crossing paths and whatnot. But that...peh...that's an oldschool way of thinking."

Honestly, unless they have a really convincing way of explaining how there really was no other way to do things, and they just end hand-waving it away as "IT'S FATE!" and nothing more, it's a stupid, stupid premise.

i don't know if you've read my DLC rant... but you should. LOL that was hilarious. i'm just waiting on the game to see how they're going to spin it. and if it isn't spun well... i'll go right back to hating marie. LOL

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #3624 on: August 15, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »
+1
The guy fought and beat the Devil, for the love of fuck.

THE DEVIL. SATAN. LUCIFER. THE ROOT OF ALL MORTAL EVIL.

Ya think that, maybe, they could give poor Gabe the benefit of the doubt here? Just a smidgen? Cut him just a bit of goddamn slack?

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #3625 on: August 15, 2012, 07:30:43 PM »
The guy fought and beat the Devil, for the love of fuck.

THE DEVIL. SATAN. LUCIFER. THE ROOT OF ALL MORTAL EVIL.

Ya think that, maybe, they could give poor Gabe the benefit of the doubt here? Just a smidgen? Cut him just a bit of goddamn slack?

exactly... agreed. LOL wholeheartedly agreeed >< what i've been screaming since the dlc's
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:32:19 PM by gortaithe »

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3626 on: August 15, 2012, 07:51:03 PM »
Satan used to be The Angel of Light (Lucifer). What if....Satan masterminded the creation of The Brotherhood of Light, and everything has been transpiring according to his plan all along?
Zobek could've been the main pawn, and everyone else was just manipulated in the end by Satan in this false "brotherhood."
Maybe the "elaborate ruse" Satan was talking about in Zobek's head started from the creation of The Brotherhood onward.

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #3627 on: August 15, 2012, 07:54:31 PM »
Satan used to be The Angel of Light (Lucifer). What if....Satan masterminded the creation of The Brotherhood of Light, and everything has been transpiring according to his plan all along?
Zobek could've been the main pawn, and everyone else was just manipulated in the end by Satan in this false "brotherhood."
Maybe the "elaborate ruse" Satan was talking about in Zobek's head started from the creation of The Brotherhood onward.

see that's what i was thinking. or i had hoped... that this entire thing was a masterplan. be it run by satan or god. i had hoped that the story would take on a grand scheme and by grand, i mean... cosmic.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3628 on: August 15, 2012, 08:27:30 PM »
+1
Well he could have went with the "no comment" line he was using in that interview.

At least that way the fans would still be left guessing as to whether or not its him.

Instead he flat out said NO which obviously would cause fans who are more trusting of his words to believe that Trevor won't change into Alucard later on in the game.

If so, he is misleading the fans purposely.

Preferable or no, misleading comments generate more buzz than do no comments.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3629 on: August 15, 2012, 09:20:28 PM »
Preferable or no, misleading comments generate more buzz than do no comments.

matter of opinion there.

I think the "no comment" keeps the fans wondering "what if" rather than the flat out "no" comments.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags: .....?