Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848859 times)

Offline Richter Belmondo

• Crush this flea who invades my castle !
  • Hunter in Training
  • This whip is not my only weapon !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3885 on: October 09, 2012, 09:00:23 AM »
The cool thing is that Alucard's Design is very good.. A mix of CV3 ALucard and SOTN Alucard.
Of course , this is Trevor Belmont , but i'm very happy to see those ''winks'' of the developpers , for 2nd favourite guy in the series !
In my opinion , the fate of Trevor was like that
(click to show/hide)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3886 on: October 09, 2012, 02:14:52 PM »
First of all... We need to know, WHAT is the mirror of fate, from what we know so far is that it is...

• A Magical Mirror that reveals how your future will end up as
  • It's presence is nothing new, Cox Confirmed it. After Carmilla's fight, Pan comes through the Mirror of Fate and Gabriel goes through it to enter Bone's Forest
  • This means the Mirror is also a teleportation device and we may use them to teleport around locations like we do in metroidvanias
  • Cox said, when Gabriel Stepped into the Mirror, he already knew his fate. (My only problem with this is why was Gabriel so surprised that he killed his wife and think that he could get her back then. It seems like they are making a sequel on LoS on the basis that they never planned for one. Maybe he only saw a glimpse of his future then.)

My personal theory on the Mirror is that it might also have a Time Travelling Abilities and Possibly even have an ability where one can travel into an Alternate Reality (That seems unlikely too). While I do like LoS, I would hope Cox uses The Alternate Reality thing not as a plot, but a side thing. Gabriel is sitting in the throne room and looks at the MoF, It would show the future of Gabriel living his life happily with his wife, He names the Child not Marie and Gabriel's Combat abilities and Kinsmenship was so praised that the Belmont Family are given the honor as "The Family of Royal Knights" and Gabriel after a time becomes a Grandparent and his Granchild is named... LEON and that's how IGA's continuity takes place in LoS universe. Gabriel doesn't tell his child(ren) about his relations with the Cronquist family. The Lords just stay as dark beings and they don't have the desire to screw up the world. Mathias becomes the Dracula we know and pretty much allies or Inslaves Carmilla, Cornell after a while just creates a Lycanthropic tribe, like LoS interpretation of Vampires (Vampires after ages and more power become younger and more beautiful), Cornell becomes young as well and treats a little girl like his Sister (Ada) and they have a side tale of Legacy of Darkness. Zobek was the guy who brought the world to chaos, but in this alternate reality he just wants something out of his eternal life and befriends a Vampire Named Berhardt, Carmilla is no longer in the Castle for WHATEVER reason, and Death gets bored of Walter and eliminates him, since Mathias was more interesting. And last, Satan... Humanity is the result of God & the Devil just like the OT portrayed.

If they managed to do something like this, this would get some truce between LoS and OT fans. LoS and the OT would just play as a "what if" scenerio afterwards. But that's just my theory on this thing, lol.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:02:30 PM by Zetheraxza »

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3887 on: October 09, 2012, 02:14:52 PM »
The ability to turn into mist I'm sure can be used to reach higher places. That would eliminate the need for a double jump.

Have they shown the mist being able to move all around like you could in SOTN? I figured it'd just be side to side.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3888 on: October 10, 2012, 02:34:53 AM »
As far as I know, none of Rovert's powers have actually been seen in action by anyone at all.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3889 on: October 10, 2012, 12:02:14 PM »
In the extended trailer, you hear the phrase, "It seems fate has given me a second chance father." just as they show Alucard on screen. I think Trevor somehow becomes Alucard.

Couldn't that also maybe be Simon talking to Trevor?

The trailer may show Alucard as that line was spoken but it doesn't mean that's how the scene will be in-game.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3890 on: October 11, 2012, 03:59:46 PM »
May I remind everyone of "DIE BELMONT" in the LoS trailers which was played over the scene of Gabuella sitting on his throne in the epilogue.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3891 on: October 11, 2012, 11:12:42 PM »
May I remind everyone of "DIE BELMONT" in the LoS trailers which was played over the scene of Gabuella sitting on his throne in the epilogue.
Exactly. The Alucard line could be anyone.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3892 on: October 12, 2012, 01:47:01 PM »
Well, not really. What it COULD be, is from any other moment. But there is a difference. in the LoS Trailer, first of all- we did not know what to expect from the story. Second of all, Jason Isaacs' role was kept secret. He was simply named, but not his role. So they showed a scene of Dracula and we naturally assumed that was his role.

However, for the MoF trailer, they clearly showed Trevor and showcased his voice, and later used the same voice saying that line. so it's clearly Trevor, the question is just, what will the plot do with him, and where does that line fit in that scheme.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3893 on: October 12, 2012, 08:07:44 PM »
I just noticed something. The sword that 'Alucard' is using in the LoS2 trailer is made up of what seem to be sections of metal, aka sword-whip-like. Will Rovert never use a normal sword at all? Hmmm...
"Stuff and things."

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3894 on: October 13, 2012, 07:27:11 AM »
It's probably from his Mother's side's Heirloom. Whip-Sword "Nebula"

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3895 on: October 13, 2012, 08:45:08 PM »
I just noticed something. The sword that 'Alucard' is using in the LoS2 trailer is made up of what seem to be sections of metal, aka sword-whip-like. Will Rovert never use a normal sword at all? Hmmm...

I'm going to throw another theory into here: http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/The_Silver_Warrior
The blade of the sword came from The Silver Warrior's wings, and is the same blade that Gabriel threw back at Pan in his fight to open the way to the Land of the Dead.

Perhaps we can see Alucard's reflection in the LOS2 trailer due to The Old God's blood having been on it.
The sword could even be called..."God Killer."
As for Alucard's weapon in MoF, I also see a resemblance to Pan's weapon during the Silver Warrior fight.
it looked like a sword when it's retracted, but it extended to be a whip.

Pan's going to have something to do with the weapons Alucard uses, I'm sure of it!
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #3896 on: October 13, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »
First of all... We need to know, WHAT is the mirror of fate, from what we know so far is that it is...

• A Magical Mirror that reveals how your future will end up as

One thing that I know has and will continue to bug me about this whole thing is how loosely they use the term "fate".

Websters d: "the will or principle or determining cause by which things in general are believed to come to be as they are or events to happen as they do"

By this logic, you could say that the "will" of the Brotherhood of Light could be determined as "Fate", since it is through them that Marie comes to believe that things will go as they may. The mirror simply acts as an extension of their will, because let's face it, until then it'd been only use to teleport people.

Fate is what you make of it. Marie believed that fate was defined by a group of dodgy old men and a ancient device used to make Brundle-Flies. (and if you get that reference, you're +1 in my book)

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3897 on: October 13, 2012, 09:04:34 PM »
+1

By this logic, you could say that the "will" of the Brotherhood of Light could be determined as "Fate", since it is through them that Marie comes to believe that things will go as they may. The mirror simply acts as an extension of their will, because let's face it, until then it'd been only use to teleport people.

If that were true, I'd consider that more evidence to support the notion that most of the members of The Brotherhood of Light have been tricked and that it has actually been Luciferian all along. Lucifer was the Angel of Light in the beginning, after all, and he could be the true entity behind it to further his plan. After all, wasn't Satan the one who deceived the founders into ascending and creating the Lords of Shadow?
And your reference has to do with The Fly. :-P
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:08:14 PM by flyingchai »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3898 on: October 13, 2012, 11:48:14 PM »
No, not that I remember... They ascended to become pure beings in heaven. They found these incredibly holy spots which ascended them, shedding their mortal bodies and all darkness. They of course, didnt know that by shedding their darkness they would actually create essentially, evil twins, who are twisted versions of the originals.

But nothing that I remember says that Satan tricked them into doing it... Satan's role was tricking Zobek into masterminding the events of LoS.

The Brotherhood saw all that would happen but for SOME reason, decided to go along with it anyway.

I suppose they figured it would be worth it in the end. Sacrifice one man's sanity and soul to eradicate 3 unholy beings, (even if it meant also destroying their heavenly counterparts, the founders of the brotherhood) AND get the man to kick Satan's ass nine ways to Sunday, and later only have 1 single unholy entity to take down. But they also underestimated the power Gabriel would attain I suppose. I mean, he defeated and obtained for himself the abilities of the Holy relics given to the 3 founders, (as well as the magic absorbing gauntlet of the Dark Knight Golem) became a full fledged Vampire by taking all of Laura's blood, (therefore skipping the usual process of starting as a level 1 nasty looking grunt) AND then absorbed the powers of an ancient and powerful giant demon whom the founders had sealed in another dimension, and whom even after they split themselves in two, Carmilla continued to make sure it stayed put.

And then had no doubt a good few years to let all that rage and anger stew and simmer for a bit.

IMO, the Brotherhood didnt QUITE think things through- ANY one mortal man who according to prophecies or magic mirrors, will have the power to go toe to toe with Satan and win? isn't someone you want to let become a monster.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3899 on: October 14, 2012, 08:08:49 AM »
+1

But nothing that I remember says that Satan tricked them into doing it... Satan's role was tricking Zobek into masterminding the events of LoS.

I'm definitely on the same page with you there, nothing says that Satan was the one who tricked them all. I'm am proposing however, until the next games prove otherwise, that perhaps he did based off of these excerpts from Carmilla's & Satan's mini-bios:

"Their intentions were honorable, but they were deceived and their spirits were fractured; their good sides were transported to Heaven as angelic beings, while their dark sides were left behind. "

And the following from Satan's bio:
 "The God Mask is said to bestow a power that is supposed to be a key to God himself; a power that makes its wearer God's vassal on Earth, and Satan has manipulated Zobek and the other Lords of of Shadow to acquire it for his own means."

If the founders were deceived, that implies that someone tricked them, IMHO. That someone could have only been Satan.

Tags: .....? 

anything