Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848670 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3930 on: October 29, 2012, 01:38:32 AM »
+1
We miss the trip to the castle (?)
Yes, it's only a quick cutscene. It may be this.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3931 on: October 29, 2012, 09:58:19 AM »
+3
The problem I have with this overall is the concept of the "Fourth" Character. But before I elaborate on that.

Dave Cox promised that even though all the Characters use whips, their animations would be different. I see Simon doing the moves that Trevor did... which hipster Gabriel did earlier, such as the "Guillotine" as shown in the trailer. I would hope that Simon being raised by barbarians and he would at least have a different combat style not to mention that unlike the combat cross, the Vampire Killer whip isn't auto-retractable like the Combat Cross is. I understand that since the traditional spriting days, all the Belmonts were quick at retracting their whips but this makes Simon even more powerful at combat if he retracts his whip as quick as the Combat Cross not to mention without the use of stake, grappling hook and the spiked chain upgrades. My best understanding is that Simon will upgrade his whip to the standard chain or even a combat cross considering how long Vampire Killer seemed.

That being said, I understand that we're judging the place of events for Gabriel judged on his appearance, but I don't  think they will do the skin add-ons on MoF characters such as the skin-change of the cyclone boots, seraph shoulders and sub-weapon add-ons due to the limitations on 3DS, the changes I speculate is the change the whip for Simon or Alucard's true identity being revealed away from Trevor's appearance and I don't know what they will do for the fourth character. So judging the events for Gabriel based on appearance isn't much of a clue and the seraph shoulder's detail is just made for cosmetological purposes to Gabriel's armour seem much cooler. If anything, Gabriel would be either explaining some things about the Prologue prior to the LoS events or as a flashback. I don't see or wish to see Gabriel as the fourth character because, Trevor is supposed to have that similar gameplay and the whole game is supposed to take place in the Castle. Good guy Gabriel being in this game would be just out of place unless they are planning to make it seem that Gabriel somehow makes it into the alternate reality exploring the castle that is probably changed alot due to the place being the creature of Chaos... and then having to fight himself. There would be alot of conflicts in the story and even if they manage to tell it, it's not worth being explained since there is alot more you could do to make the story better. Being that all the Characters would have a similar combat style and the same choice of weapons, the idea seems a bit stale for some reason and now having Gabriel as the fourth character would only make it kind of worse. My only guess is that Gabriel is going to be a pseudo-fifth character in which you play as him for a short time, which is possible since none of us have experienced the weird manticore looking creature. I just believe that Gabriel should not be the fourth character.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3932 on: October 29, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
+1
I agree. Except for one thing. I don't see why you'd think the 3DS couldn't handle something as simple as a skin change. That's literally just the swapping out of a bitmap file.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:06:15 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3933 on: October 29, 2012, 10:03:29 PM »
I don't know, I'm just thinking they wouldn't really spend time on those things much for a handheld title, due to the budget not being as great as LoS/2 but if they can, then it would be better because it's all about the standards. If mercurysteam does what Koji once did on Playstation (Little budget and great change in gameplay and content) It will make them look good in the future.

Offline sannyclause

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3934 on: October 30, 2012, 07:52:40 AM »
+2
HO HO HO from lords of shadow's facebook "A blood moon rises, a castle shines in the pale moonlight...

In 2 days the All Hallows' Eve will be upon us, and those keeping eyes on this page will come upon a certain 'treat'...

What could it be? We can only wonder... :)" HO HO HO what do you think it is

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3935 on: October 30, 2012, 08:19:34 AM »
+1
omg need new trailer

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3936 on: October 30, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »
My expectation are so low, that anything can surprise me by now.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3937 on: October 30, 2012, 02:54:47 PM »
*Put's suitcase down and unpacks*

Place your bet's fella's, screenshots, trailer or fucking nothing?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3938 on: October 30, 2012, 03:30:42 PM »
At most a cryptic image of something.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3939 on: October 30, 2012, 06:00:07 PM »
A demo would be really nice.

Probably a new trailer, anything would be nice at this point.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3940 on: October 30, 2012, 06:02:07 PM »
A demo would be really nice.

Probably a new trailer, anything would be nice at this point.

like wise just something anything if we were vampires we  would all be dying right now because there is no blood to give.  :(

Give us something fresh please.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3941 on: October 30, 2012, 06:31:55 PM »
Oddly enough that didn't specify which game would be the "treat."

Im thinking it's a new trailer for Mirror of Fate, since LOS2 is still a long ways from now.

Edit: I checked their Facebook page, it's for Mirror of Fate. Here's hoping for a trailer, a long trailer that explain's what's really going on and put some speculation to rest.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:14:07 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3942 on: October 30, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »
Oddly enough that didn't specify which game would be the "treat."

Im thinking it's a new trailer for Mirror of Fate, since LOS2 is still a long ways from now.

Edit: I checked their Facebook page, it's for Mirror of Fate. Here's hoping for a trailer, a long trailer that explain's what's really going on and put some speculation to rest.
I really hope we get some new gameplay too.

Watch it just be another narrated trailer with little gameplay footage.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3943 on: October 30, 2012, 09:35:36 PM »
Remember the original LoS trailers where most things we saw looked like the actual gameplay but they were nothing more than mere cutscenes for the gameplay... They can't even deceive anyone this time on the trailer unless the cutscenes in the game takes place in 2.5-D as well, I have very little tolerance for anything that is unnecessarily scripted in this game. Sidescrollers should barely be scripted, and there better be no invisible walls either. LoS2, you've been warned... >:/ but regarding this topic, they've been really conserved on what they reveal lately. Cox barely uses his twitter these days, I'm not expecting a new trailer but, I believe he might just reveal the fourth character.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3944 on: October 30, 2012, 10:33:52 PM »
CV3 had invisible walls.  ;)
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: .....?