Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848497 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4125 on: December 07, 2012, 12:24:43 AM »
Don't want to crash the party but
(click to show/hide)

On another note, the lips things really doesn't bother me. I like the "comic-book"/"cel-shading" style they went for.

The hell... Why DID I click on that... why?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:07:01 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #4126 on: December 07, 2012, 01:57:53 AM »
Don't want to crash the party but
(click to show/hide)

On another note, the lips things really doesn't bother me. I like the "comic-book"/"cel-shading" style they went for.

Disappointment ...

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4127 on: December 07, 2012, 02:48:09 AM »
I don't recall it ever confirmed that Carmilla was a Cronqvist, but I've always thought the idea was interesting...

The Japanese version expands on her character by making her as a Cronqvist in her character profile.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #4128 on: December 07, 2012, 04:09:16 AM »
It's hard for me to explain, but the quality of the game from the trailers or screenshot are not as good as compared to when you acually play it, that's what I hear anyway. On the other hand the backgrounds are some of, if not the best on the 3ds.

So detailed  :o
That's because the 3DS resolution is so low and the screen is really tiny. It makes the game look better when played on the actual hardware.

But even If I ignore the graphics (which is hard for me to do on 3D games)... I still have lots of problems with this game... Well, the 3DS is really cheap these days... maybe I'll get it just for the sake of completion...

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4129 on: December 07, 2012, 06:33:08 AM »
And I was expecting some gameplay.  :(

If they had problems with the lip sync, why didn't they make all the characters mute psychics? Problem solved!

I also like the comic book style of the cutscenes. Very stylish.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4130 on: December 07, 2012, 07:25:28 AM »
hohoho i wonder how many outdated monty python references this game will have

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4131 on: December 07, 2012, 07:33:00 AM »
The Japanese version expands on her character by making her as a Cronqvist in her character profile.
But is this legit official "universal" canon that Konami of Europe also plans on using, or Japan's version of the Poltergeist King?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4132 on: December 07, 2012, 07:44:04 AM »
I really wonder what's up with those Japs randomly giving Carmilla the surname Cronqvist. The weird part is, is that this stuff almost never happens in English games that get localized in Japanese (as far as I know at least). It's way more more common the other way around. And I thought they stopped doing that since the 90's...   
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:45:52 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4133 on: December 07, 2012, 09:17:28 AM »
HOHOHO Soleiyu Belmont
He was around 15 or 16 in the game. Not a child.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4134 on: December 07, 2012, 09:42:09 AM »
HOHOHO 15/16 can still be considered a youth/underage/child, buddy

Ever hear an older adult call a 16 or 17y/o a "kid?" because they still are, in most cases. hell it can even go up to 20-22

besides he's still seen as even younger in The Belmont Legacy comic, so my point still stands
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:49:52 AM by Santa Clisis »

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4135 on: December 07, 2012, 09:52:05 AM »

It's all out in the open as part of Simon's official published backstory on the MoF website, just referenced in different words.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4136 on: December 07, 2012, 10:08:38 AM »
Not surprising, SOMETHING had to happen for Simon to end up in the care of random mountain people.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #4137 on: December 07, 2012, 10:13:27 AM »
Not surprising, SOMETHING had to happen for Simon to end up in the care of random mountain people.

It makes absolute sense also I kind of  forgot what happened to him afterwards , but...

Darth Vader NO!

:'(

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4138 on: December 07, 2012, 11:53:53 AM »
I really wonder what's up with those Japs randomly giving Carmilla the surname Cronqvist. The weird part is, is that this stuff almost never happens in English games that get localized in Japanese (as far as I know at least). It's way more more common the other way around. And I thought they stopped doing that since the 90's...   

This is true, but couldn't it be argued that due to the gap the game had between it's English and Japanese releases that maybe they wanted to expand on some things? This is sort of the norm with some games in the localization process where some versions get extra bug fixes or extra things.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4139 on: December 07, 2012, 12:17:41 PM »
HOHOHO 15/16 can still be considered a youth/underage/child, buddy
My point still stands - Soleyu wasn't depicted in the game as little kid, hence no child Belmont up until MOF.

Tags: .....? 

anything