Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New AVGN episode + James & Mike Play  (Read 6176 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 09:18:50 AM »
I remember also having a purple and green Tiger handheld, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Ever since I watched that AVGN video earlier, it's been driving me crazy trying to figure out what that purple and green Tiger handheld was. Maybe my memory is just fooling me, cause I can't find it. I'm going to continue Googling though.

Godzilla? That's the only one I remember having purple and green on it, though it was mostly black.

EDIT: here's a picture http://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Monsters-handheld-video-America/dp/B00AZ9CD42 it doesn't appear to have "officially" been a Tiger handheld though. It's made by Micro Games of America. Perhaps a more accurate and inclusive term for these would be "handheld LCD games"? Maybe this will help in your search - http://www.handheldmuseum.com/
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 10:03:58 AM by Ratty »

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: New AVGN episode + James & Mike Play
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 10:42:31 AM »
Haha, I had three of those Tiger Handhelds - Simon's Quest, Mega Man 2, and The Simpsons. I could never beat SQ because I kept falling into water pits in one of the final levels. Nice to see that they preserved that element of the real game. I remember MM2 and Simpsons actually being kinda fun, though I always played the latter on mute since it had incredibly annoying music.

I also think I had a Ninja Gaiden wrist game. I'm pretty sure I broke it the day my mom bought it for me. Those games had the least intuitive controls ever.

It'd be hilarious if someone found a way to emulate these.

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 01:40:25 PM »
Godzilla? That's the only one I remember having purple and green on it, though it was mostly black.

EDIT: here's a picture http://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Monsters-handheld-video-America/dp/B00AZ9CD42 it doesn't appear to have "officially" been a Tiger handheld though. It's made by Micro Games of America. Perhaps a more accurate and inclusive term for these would be "handheld LCD games"? Maybe this will help in your search - http://www.handheldmuseum.com/

Nope, that wasn't it, but thanks for sharing that with me! I did poke around on that handheld museum website a little bit and saw nothing like I was remembering. The purple and green thing I'm remembering may not have been a Tiger handheld. However, searching around I did see a VR Trooper Tiger handheld, and I had forgotten I had that one as well until I saw the picture.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~