Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Should Castlevania 3 be remade on the 3DS?  (Read 15080 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: Should Castlevania 3 be remade on the 3DS?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 06:41:58 AM »
CV III has the possibility of having an awesome scenario. More dialogues, great story, and more than two character in your team.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 09:54:49 AM »
I definitely want this remake, on NGP (PSP2) or 3DS. Just bring Ayami Kojima to do the art!!!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 10:59:24 AM »
I'm fond of the OoE and the CotM artists, as well.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »
Artwork for Ecclesia was nice, but Ayami is exceptional and would love to see here do some new artwork for Dracula's Curse. I see her artwork as an essential part of the CV series. She pushes it to a higher level of quality.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 12:56:09 PM »
I'm fond of the OoE and the CotM artists, as well.

Yea those 2 did a awesome job but in my honest opinion they simply can not compare to the artwork of Ayami.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 01:58:16 PM »
I would prefer a remake of a game that kinda needs it (like the Gameboy ones, Simon's Quest, or Vampire Killer).

Alternatively, I'd double dip for a port of DXC on the 3DS, since I sold my PSP and don't plan on getting another one.

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 03:36:14 PM »
I definitely want this remake, on NGP (PSP2) or 3DS. Just bring Ayami Kojima to do the art!!!

Her art for HD and DXC were pretty poor though...
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline danceofgold

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 04:05:28 PM »
Her art for HD and DXC were pretty poor though...

hmm i disagree

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011, 06:52:29 PM »
Yea those 2 did a awesome job but in my honest opinion they simply can not compare to the artwork of Ayami.

I'd have Ayami do the art so long as her guys look like guys and not androgynous women-like people (unrealistic for that time period in Romania). The only person who can safely get away with that is Alucard since he was the first and we had no expectations back then. But I think that OoE's and CotM's art-styles were pretty good too. I liked the way Laura looked from OoE looked  :o

-X
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 05:57:49 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 08:31:33 PM »
hmm i disagree

Me, too. I loved the DXC artwork.

[ I liked the way Laura from OoE looked  :o

Like a hooker? :D

Offline VeteranVk

• Hunter in Training
  • Vampire killing since 1988
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »
Im all for a graphical change. I'd love to see a 2.5D remake as long as the style veered more toward the original art style and was altered as little as possible.
I now Prossess a what?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 09:27:57 PM »
Me, too. I loved the DXC artwork.

Like a hooker? :D

The hookers you're into are incredibly overdressed and very well-decorated and ornate.
Either that, or you have no idea what actual hookers look like.

Just because a good-looking woman is showing a little cleavage it doesn't make her a hooker.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »
Like a hooker?

Her cleavage was an eye-drawer, but I was mainly talking about how her face looked. Very, very sensual. Almost as if she could see what you're thinking. I do find such qualities quite attractive in a woman.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2011, 11:50:53 AM »
And what about a more ARPG-oriented game (like LoS, CoD or LoI) with four characters fighting at the same time (look at the Kingdom Hearts series!), with equipments, level up, a better scenario leading to CoD, characters with special abilities (Grant clibing, Alucard bat flying, etc.)?

It could work.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2011, 12:01:35 PM »
And what about a more ARPG-oriented game (like LoS, CoD or LoI) with four characters fighting at the same time (look at the Kingdom Hearts series!), with equipments, level up, a better scenario leading to CoD, characters with special abilities (Grant clibing, Alucard bat flying, etc.)?

It could work.
yes, it could work, but who would we control (trevor, alucard, grant, or sypha)?  or, they could go the same route as Secret of Mana in that while all the characters are present you only control one at a time while the others are controlled by AI, but you can cycle through the characters and control who you want.
Behold my power and tremble

Tags:

anything